Merlin Entertainments General Discussion

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
altontowerskid

I would be so grateful if somebody did know what i am looking for...

It was the music that played with the strobe lighting in the Circus of Horrors in 2005. It was kind of a classical type of music and im sure was played along side strobe lighting at the start of the show. The show was in the Pirates 4D cinema on fright nites and i would love to know what this music was called.

If anybody knew they would have an amazing memory and it would be apreicated by me very much.

Thank You
Queen of Speed

It was DIES IRAE by VERDI.
altontowerskid

That was amazing, i would never of thought anyone would have remembered and that quick with a reply aswell.

That was great!!

Thank You So Much :D
Queen of Speed

No problem, I am the fountain of all thorpe music knowledge. :P
Tom M

It was used at the park entrance last year for Fright Nights.

Clicky for download.
Queen of Speed

No it wasnt, that is a completely different tune just with the same name.
Tom M

My mistake. xD
X-factor

what other websites offer theme park music. i am looking for the soundtrack for tomb blaster, as i have myself quite a collection, most i have from reride. but, i want tomb blaster, and reride does not have it. could someone tell me where it is?
TenZero

I have uploaded it for you here
X-factor

thanks....where did you get that? now my chessie collection is complete
X-factor

i just found, www.themeuk.com, it says there is a media galery, not quite sure. think it is closed
Scary

Hello!

I thought it was strange that know ones mentioned this, but the takeover by Merlin of Tussuads has now offically gone through. The Tussauds group is officailly no more as of today!
You can check out Merlin's updated website at www.merlinentertainments.biz
I work at the Dungeons so hopefully I'll get free entry to Thorpe Park and Alton Towers soon, lol!!  :lol:
Nick

I'll expect some very quick cover ups of Tussauds logo's at Towers then. Hopefully they don't just rip them off like Thope like to do with soome of thier logo's.
Danzaw*nk

Gonna be good seeing Merlin's name on stuff, never have really likes Tussauds that much! I mean, the past 5 years have been crap for new rides etc at Towers. Air and Rita are the only im interested in even though both rides aren't great!

Charlie was a shamble, re-themes, no ride this yeah, ugh, horrible.

Looking forward to seeing what changes go on. Im confident it will only be good!

The website has been updated very quickly! Colossus made the home page :P

On the Chessy page:
Click on th e link to visit the website: www.chessington.co.uk

Nice mistake there :lol:.

Tussauds website homepage:
http://www.tussauds.com/

All change already!

Wonder how long till the logo change. Thorpe's website is still the same.

Dan

:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
leejay

I knew something was going on when I was at the dungeons a few months back and there was talk of Tussaurds closing and the staff were a little scared. Was just rumours and staff heresay then though!

I think this looks rather promising. However i would have thought they wouldnt be so quikc on the removal of the Tussauds logo. But it's now their company, so it's there logo haha! I do feel they will provide something to Alton Towers that we may not have had before. I cna definatley see heavy investment into both Alton and Thorpe. They will want the best return they can get, but i can see they are in it for the long haul. If they were not, they would have ditched their original attractions. Their portfolio of attractions does look impressive though at the bottom of the website!
Redcoat Jase

Shouldn't this section of the forum be renamed now then? 'The Merlin Entertainments Group' :P
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Wes

Its a sad day :(
Sir John Talbot

'tis^ :(

Wow, I miss the Tussauds signage already. The logo was so much better than the Merlin one is.. gave a better vibe.

But Tussauds can be deposited with the 'magic' era of Alton I guess, and we can now look forward to AT's new era of long term development under this new name. Tbh the takeover maybe the saviour of Alton. If they are able to give Alton Towers budgets that allow all their attractions to reach their full potential, I'm sure the future is that of a good one for AT!
Wes

Sad moment over.

Money time. Bring on the money Merlin. Lets see it getting pumped into Alton Towers :D
Scary

[quote]I knew something was going on when I was at the dungeons a few months back and there was talk of Tussaurds closing and the staff were a little scared. Was just rumours and staff heresay then though!

When was this?
I work at the London Dungeon and its never been rumoured that Madame Tussauds was going to close, plus Dungeon staff are scary not scared, lol!!
The Dungeon has always belonged to Merlin, so we haven't been worried by this at all. I think its a great thing!!!
Last edited by Scary on Tue May 22, 2007 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.