Alton Towers Quick Questions 2006/7

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Kelly

It will be busy, i remeber my first visit last year was during chocolate towers and the place was packed. Saying that i went again in the second week of the holidays and it was ALOT quieter! :) Its a good event you should enjoy it! Aim for visiting in the week though, as i said preferable the second week of the easter holidays! :)
ashmo

So like theres going to be masive ques for everything.
Shent

most likley, yes :D
......The one and only... :sus:
ashmo

Oh well looks like we will have to chance it how long would it take to buy the get the tickets? (Que time for that). Also how long in advanced should we phone to get a taxi from Stoke sation? And how long would it take to park up and get into the car pack should we get there very urly?
Towersfan

Anyone have any idea how they're planning to run the Triple Ride Promise during Adrenalin Week yet?
Steve in labour

[quote=""ashmo""]Oh well looks like we will have to chance it how long would it take to buy the get the tickets? (Que time for that). Also how long in advanced should we phone to get a taxi from Stoke sation? And how long would it take to park up and get into the car pack should we get there very urly?[/quote]

Tickets 10-20 mins max most days, Phone as soon as you can never hurts to book a cab early. a taxi wont "park up" it drops you off a 2 min walk from the ticket sales desks and main gate !

[quote=""Towersfan""]Anyone have any idea how they're planning to run the Triple Ride Promise during Adrenalin Week yet?[/quote]

Probs have a ticket like for shortcut ect and have them ripped every time , Then at end of day give them in. But theres lots of ways they can do this :P

XxX BGS
caffeine_demon

[quote=""Towersfan""]Anyone have any idea how they're planning to run the Triple Ride Promise during Adrenalin Week yet?[/quote]

Just out of interest - if someone should, say claim that they didn't get their 3 goes on nemesis, how would they be able to prove that it wasn't because they didn't try and do 3 rides on it? And what if you don' ride, say oblivion once because you don't like it, and wouldn't want to touch it with a bargepole?
Lauren

Its been posted a few times that we're all thinking we will get a ticket which will be ticked/ripped like the shortcut tickets.
About the ride situation, they wll probably say 'we can't do nothing about that' as its a personal opinion and they never promised you would like the ride ect.

I was wondering if they would do a extra que or something around midday like use Shortcut que for people who still have rides to be riden out of their promise, and normal que for people who have used it all up?
Towersfan

To be honest I can't see the park being that busy that they will have a problem allowing everyone who wants to take advantage of the Triple Ride Promise being able to do so.

They are bound to have done a bit of research into this before planning it all out.
Con

Maybe they just send someone out during each day to see if it's possibly and if they do it and someone can't they just say well we could. Would be funny if they just decided to send a train round 3 times in a row.

LONG POSTS GIVE ME HEADACHES
Towersfan

Another query for you guys:

Booked a trip to the Towers weeks ago for a hotel stay on March 18th and theme park entrance on March 19th for 2 adults. Total cost was £212.

I've just been checking the website again out of curiosity and the price for the same package is now £164.

Can I do anything about this or will I just have to put it down to bad luck?
Lauren

Cancel & re-book?
ashmo

When will the Alton Towers park info phone service be back? Also when will there new site be up?
Ryan Kingdaka

I have a question about the tussauds season passes.

On opening day when i buy my ticket to get in to the park, so that i can go to the season pass office, when i buy my season pass, will i be able to get the money taken off my pass from the price of the ticket to get in?

I've heared that this is right, but i just want someone else to comfirm this? And any other information would be great!
Steve in labour

Thats Right give them the ticket and they would but in fact you will just buy the pass and the main service desk to the left of the turn styles then go in with the "paper annual pass" and later on in the day go in the the office and get it put on the card with your piccy.
Thats how it worked last year :D
AstroDan

[quote=""ashmo""]When will the Alton Towers park info phone service be back? Also when will there new site be up?[/quote]

I have no idea. There is a speculative date of this weekend for the website, but in reality nobody knows.

:(
Ryan Kingdaka

[quote=""Big Gay Steve""]Thats Right give them the ticket and they would but in fact you will just buy the pass and the main service desk to the left of the turn styles then go in with the "paper annual pass" and later on in the day go in the the office and get it put on the card with your piccy.
Thats how it worked last year :D
[/quote]

So i don't have to buy a ticket. There is a door to the office on the outer side. Is that what your saying?
Steve in labour

No, You go to the cash desks and they will sell you an annual pass and issue you a temp one on a paper ticket, you go in as with a normal ticket and keep it with you, then go back any time after 10am and exchange the paper 1 for your annual pass. :wink:
caffeine_demon

[quote=""AstroDan""][quote=""ashmo""]When will the Alton Towers park info phone service be back? Also when will there new site be up?[/quote]

I have no idea. There is a speculative date of this weekend for the website, but in reality nobody knows.

:([/quote]

try 01538 704600, eventually got given that number when ringing the bookings line!
ashmo

Do alton towers still do the short cut ticket for £6? And can I buy it online?