General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Nick

Sounds like its gonna be an awesome year. Lets just hope they don't back out of it this year! can't wait to see what happens with the corn maze!
Redcoat Jase

That sounds amazing! - Thorpe Park eat your heart out!!

I'm loving the whole new level Alton Towers are going to, for example the cornfield!
And, A lakeside spectacular too! wow! :D

If they're true, I think Alton Towers should at least be credited for these ambitious plans!
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
AstroDan

HOLY MOTHER!

DONT CANCEL IT!!!!!

WOOOOT!
Nick

Maybe the Blackhole tent can be used for a walkthrough
UltimateDingbat

I would love to go for halloween not for the terror of the towers as that was running when i went last time and i didnt want to exactly do it. I am freaked out by some of those types of things.
Don\'t like me learn to put up with me
Nick

And if they have already started to plant the corn, it would look as if they are already committed to this event taking place.
AstroDan

Well these ideas are stunning. If they pull this off it will be unbelievable, I will be there every day at half term at this rate!

Glad an all-new Room 13 is back, Terror of the Towers again - that's just bloody fabulous, Haunted Cornfield!! Haunted Hollow - live, sounds fab, and more mazes and kids stuff! And Towers Street...

This could be fabulous. Great plans, i hope they do it and advertise on TV for it! Get everyone talking about it.
Thomas

LOVE IT! already

I seriously hope they follow through with what they have said

I am definitely going to have to make it this year

Thomas
John

This sounds absolutely amazing, finally something to rival thorpe's fright nights! If all of this goes ahead I'm not going to get any work done in october as I'll be at alton all the time.

With all of this stuff going on, I really couldn't care less about the lack of fireworks right now. Hopefully this will become a major annual event.
Adam

Best news i could ever have hoped for!!!

*Adäm x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Liam

I really like the sound of this because for the first time it looks like they could be going for the same scale that the US parks do it. The park is very suited to Halloween, much more than Thorpe, so hopefully they'll be able to add a large amount of spooky theming to most rides and even change some of their names...

Air - Vampire (Dress the station in Red and black with coffins and hang red fabrics off the supports)

Rita - Devil's Claw (Have devil tridents everywhere and flame bursts all the way down the launch track that go off down the line in order when the train is in the station for example. Have search lights on a sequence flying over the queueline area.)

Oblivion - Gallows Hill (Themed with all things Hangman and execution... axes, body bags, guillotines, slashing, scraping, screaming sound effects. The drop lit up with bright white lights which all flicker off to darkness as the train holds and then drops down.)

The Flume - There's a Spider in my Bathtub (Aimed more at families - the woods are in pitch blackness apart from the spiders webs draped from the trees and the spiders that hand from them. Replace the duck in the tunnel with a spider, naturally. Cobwebs in queue and station.)

Duel - The Haunted House LIVE (Disable the guns and simply have loads of live actors wondering around the ride, tapping people on the shoulder, or jumping onto the back of cars, or from behind props.)

Spinball Whizzer - Pumpkin Patch (More family aimed again - theme the cars as pumpkins, and simply have loads of straw and scarecrows around the ride and on the block break runs.

And then have all other rides lit up with different coloured lights and spooky music. Could work out to be awesome - and the theming could be kept for year after year.

I agree with Nick that the Black Hole tent would be a super place to house a large horror maze. Is the Big Top tent still free too? That could be used for another one, maybe the 3D cinema for a more family friendly one? The more mazes the merrier, or spookier. :lol:

I really like the way of using the Haunted Hollow and effectively turning it into a scare zone like they have in Universal Studios.

With a good marketing campaign they have the chance to turn this into a very popular event that could run annually for a long time to come.
AstroDan

You have been thinking about this for a while, haven't you Liam - nice ideas!

:P
Thomas

[quote=""Liam""]I really like the sound of this because for the first time it looks like they could be going for the same scale that the US parks do it. The park is very suited to Halloween, much more than Thorpe, so hopefully they'll be able to add a large amount of spooky theming to most rides and even change some of their names...

Air - Vampire (Dress the station in Red and black with coffins and hang red fabrics off the supports)

Rita - Devil's Claw (Have devil tridents everywhere and flame bursts all the way down the launch track that go off down the line in order when the train is in the station for example. Have search lights on a sequence flying over the queueline area.)

Oblivion - Gallows Hill (Themed with all things Hangman and execution... axes, body bags, guillotines, slashing, scraping, screaming sound effects. The drop lit up with bright white lights which all flicker off to darkness as the train holds and then drops down.)

The Flume - There's a Spider in my Bathtub (Aimed more at families - the woods are in pitch blackness apart from the spiders webs draped from the trees and the spiders that hand from them. Replace the duck in the tunnel with a spider, naturally. Cobwebs in queue and station.)

Duel - The Haunted House LIVE (Disable the guns and simply have loads of live actors wondering around the ride, tapping people on the shoulder, or jumping onto the back of cars, or from behind props.)

Spinball Whizzer - Pumpkin Patch (More family aimed again - theme the cars as pumpkins, and simply have loads of straw and scarecrows around the ride and on the block break runs.

And then have all other rides lit up with different coloured lights and spooky music. Could work out to be awesome - and the theming could be kept for year after year.

I agree with Nick that the Black Hole tent would be a super place to house a large horror maze. Is the Big Top tent still free too? That could be used for another one, maybe the 3D cinema for a more family friendly one? The more mazes the merrier, or spookier. :lol:

I really like the way of using the Haunted Hollow and effectively turning it into a scare zone like they have in Universal Studios.

With a good marketing campaign they have the chance to turn this into a very popular event that could run annually for a long time to come.[/quote]

That's impressive. Get your self on that Alton community thing

There's lots of endless possibilities for the park, & have faith this time in them

Thomas
Nick

I doubt anybody would be allowed to walk the Duel track when its operating.

Expect about 5000 different combinations of Shortcut tickets to go on sale in October then :P They could use the Blackhole fastrack machines for tickets for ToTT, but they would probably miss out on an easy money spinner!
Ryan Kingdaka

Fantastic! Well, atleast Alton are really trying to give people a good time, without having all the noise of the fire works. I think the halloween event will really cover up for the fire works not being there, with pleanty of things to do. What ever they decide to go for, it should most certainly be a really good end to the season! I'm certainly looking forwards to it, and i don't even like scary stuff, but i'm looking forward to killing my fear of all things scary, so this could be the perfect way to do so! :)
Con

Personally I think this is a vast improovement from the fireworks events as it can last all day and with all these mazes and other atrractions it will be impossible to do everything in one day so they will be cashing in on the hotels. I'm insanely excited as also it's good for the nearbys.

LONG POSTS GIVE ME HEADACHES
AstroDan

Maze attractions are unlikely to open before 4pm due to the light. They can only best operate when it is dark.

Therefore we can expect the park to open till 9 or 10pm.
Nick

Light conditions would only make a difference in the corn field and Haunted Hollow. The Towers would probably have the windows blacked out with boards or curtains
Liam

It would make sense though to have the mazes only operating when it becomes dark so as to make guests stay in the park futher into the night instead of going home at 5 or 6 pm.
AstroDan

Yes - thus adding to the general atmosphere of the park into the evening.

Woop!

:D