Celebration suite and x-ellorator pass

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
leejay

Hey there (first post)

My Dad has forked out £520 for me to go to Alton Towers with 2 friends on Sept 2 to 3rd and stay in the Celebration suite (coca-cola room). I have a few questions if you dont mind?

The lady on the phone said that i get a pass with the room that means i dont have to queue on the top 15 rides. Could someone define 'the top 15 rides' please! I know that with every room, there is a priority ride pass. Would we be able to give this to a random person in the park as a good will gesture, seeing as I hve the x-ellorator pass? With the pass, do we literally walk up the exit ans we are on? and do guests become a little disgruntled with the passes?

My other question is are there any other places to eat of an evening and possibly a cinema or something? Once the waterpark closes, its a long time until 8.45am on the Monday haha!

Anyway looking forward to it even if it is pricey :P

Thanks for your time!!
AstroDan

There will be the Golf, opening times to be confirmed. There is sometimes a Film screening, and there is usually live entertainment.

You should find something to do.

As for the top 15 rides, well that will be Flume, Rapids, RMT, Duel, Nemesis, Air, Ripsaw (?), Corkscrew, Rita, Hex, Charlie, Spinball, Oblivion and something else (?). You will go up the exit, yes.
oldgitBEN

i believe the rides mentioned are correct, i think you will recieve a special wrist band in your booking pack and instructions which as you correctly said tell you to walk down the exit, flash your wrist at the staff and head straight on. I wouldnt worry about the other guests as you've paid fair and square so meh :P .

The hotel entertainment can be hit and miss but as your in the Alton Towers hotel you may find the evening show more geared towards children why not use the Sky Walk path between the hotels go to Splash landings where there is a much more relaxed atmosphere and sometimes even a DJ on.

Or just do as i do and get drunk hehehe! Have a great time!
Lauren

And prbably submission & enterprise
Rita 2005

It won't be a wristband it will be a ticket.
Rory

Yes, saw someone using one last year, it will be a ticket with every ride listed and a box next to each one - the operator will mark each ride off as you go on.

Id keep hold of your other pass, as the xcellerator gets you on everyting once - so keep this end of day, use shortcut / fastpass pass other times.
leejay

Thanks for advice so far! Why only once?? I've paid £330 to get in the park alone, i kinda want it more than once :P

The priority ride pass only gets me on oblivion i believe. and that too is once only :/
Phil

Last time i enquired about the X-cellerator passes, they were 70 quid each. A rip-off really when you consider the fact that you are only allowed to skip the Q on each ride once!

Rory is correct, the pass is a ticket whit all the rides listed on the reverse. Each ride has a box next to it and the oeprator ticks the box before you board the ride to say you have used up that ride - this is to stop you re-riding. Just go down the exit at each ride and get the attention of the operator.

My super duper expert tip is that if the park is not very busy, (I.e Q's of 10 - 15mins) I advise you don't use the pass and save it for another trip later on in the year when the park will be busier! For example, the pass is going to brilliant during the fireworks/halloween events when the park is very busy. But if you are not planning to re-visit then that idea is useless!
Con

Don't these type of things have dates on. I have a feeling my shortcut pass at Electric Towers may have.

LONG POSTS GIVE ME HEADACHES
Nick

Yes but if its not busy why use it? You are able to use it whenever you like, you've paid for the privilege and Alton must honor it
leejay

Once i leave Alton Towers on the monday, I will ahve directly given them £600 ((ie not counting McDonalds as thats not directly to them, but buying from the restuarant is)). My Dad when asking, said the lady said 'the pass has unlimited rides on the top 15 attractions here at Alton Towers!' For £600 I hope so, otherwise it defeats the object of me spending so much! Im not complaining, just a bit miffed!
aledaerials

£600 IS A LOT OF BLEEDIN' MONAAAYYY! but i am definatly sure you will have a most fantastic time!

I am going to stay in one of those suites in the next 2 years when my 2 children are 6 and 7, theres no point now cos their only 4 and 5, and i want them to remember this sort of stuff when they are older...
These sorts of trips are so expensive, but when your there it's fantastic!

It's a shame you can only go on the rides once though with that pass thingy, wotta a bummer after all the money you gotta spend.
Mines a jack and coke thanks...cheers!
Rory

My advise is to phone them up and clear this up.

You've got the harsh truth about the pass so far in this topic, but at least your prepared now.

I agree with phil, if the pass isnt dated use it later in the year, if it is, then you are going to have to use it.

You are goign 2/3 sept - end of school hols so it isnt goign to be peak busy time. Dont use your pass till at least lunchtime, you probs woent even need it! The park can be done (all rides ridden), if done well easily by lunchtime, the key is enetering the park early, which you will be able to do because you are staying at the hotel.

Get in at 9, head to Forbidden Valley for 9am and spend 45 mins riding AIR and Nemesis, then head over to Thunder Rock Valley for RITA opening at 10am, then onto Spinball Whizzer approx 10.30 and into X sector for 11/11/15 for Oblivion.
Nick

If your pass is dated and you don't use it, take it to guest services on your next visit and they can change the date
Ash

So you can use them as many times as you want!?
Nick

Xcellerator passes are 1 ride on each, not unlimited. So if its been used than no you won't be able to use it again