Thorpe Park - Fright Nights

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
daveAT

think I might come to this event either the 14th or 15 of October if I can, I only live just over an hour away from Thorpe.

- Has any one been to this event, can you tell me what it is like.

- How would I get to Thorpe, I will not be driving, I live in Essex, Near Lakeside and Dardford tunnel, I live in thrrock, any ideas how to get there

- What hotels are near Thorpe park

Anyone else going?
Adz
Admin
Admin

Thar be a TTF meet on those days.

In terms of getting there, trains to staines are your best bet, then getting the thorpe park shuttle bus to the park.

The event is awesome. I'll be uploading more information on it here: Http://www.themeparkoverload.co.uk/fright shortly. Definately one to try and get to.
Lauzi

There's a TravelLodge in/around Staines :)
Con

[quote=""Adz""]
In terms of getting there, trains to staines are your best bet, then getting the thorpe park shuttle bus to the park.
[/quote]

It is quicker but slightly more expensive to get the taxi from Staines Station.

LONG POSTS GIVE ME HEADACHES
Adz
Admin
Admin

Not really.

I've done both and the shuttle bus (now it's a single decker and can go under a bridge along the way) was 5 minutes quicker. :)
Con

But sometimes it can take a while to queue for it and for the bus to arrive if you just miss it especially for Fright Nights. But the shuttle is a suitable option.

Adz
Admin
Admin

Well that's your own fault if you miss it. But the bus if you get it is faster, and usually half the price! :P

As a general rule, the first bus is always half an hour before the park opens. and then runs approximately every 15 minutes after that.
daveAT

when the shuttle then, what sation, sorry, last time I went with my family, im just going with a few mates, also what train would I need to get from where I live
Adz
Admin
Admin

when the shuttle then
As above.
what station
Staines.
also what train would I need to get from where I live
What station would you be leaving from? and what time would you want to get there.
daveAT

i live in south ockendon, which could either be ockendon station run by c2c trains, I would like to get there when the park opens to make it worth while, would also need to stay in a hotel
Lauzi

The website for the hotel I mentioned earlier...
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hote ... 46/Staines
daveAT

that really close to TP :D :D now I need to know how to get there :shock: :?
Adz
Admin
Admin

Well National Rail gives the following route suggestion:
Ockendon dep 07:35
West Ham arr 07:56
West Ham dep 07:56
Underground
London Waterloo arr 08:25
London Waterloo dep 08:45
Staines arr 09:16
Which would get you to the park for just before 10am (opening time) once you include shuttle bus time and stuff at the other end.

However there may be some other routes and stuff, use www.nationalrail.co.uk journey planner for them. :)

--

As for hotels, if you contact thorpe park they may be able to provide you with information on where to stay in the area.
daveAT

ok I found how I can get there

ockendon - westham

westham - waterloo

waterloo - stains arrive at 9:15

stuttle bus at 9:30

but can someone help me with a hotel to stay, this hotel as sugguest is not ideal, i would have to get to roomhas it has just a dubble bed http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hote ... 46/Staines

any other ideas what hotel to go to, i have looked at TP site and there are no links to hotels
Con

You don't need to arrive to the park for opening on Fright Nights. Most people arrive around 1-2 and still get to ride all the available. The morning is a time when the park is at its emptiest.

Adz
Admin
Admin

You don't need to arrive to the park for opening on Fright Nights
Nope but unless you enjoy 2 hour queues, It's advisable.
daveAT

im getting the ultimate fastrack so it dont matter, can someone please help me find a hotel near the staines station please, not the travel logue, it only got a double bed, I dont want to order two room, please help me find a hotel, I would head back, but I might as well go to chessigtion the next day and it really close, I will use free tickets I got from them as most ride were not working when I went there
Lauzi

daveAT

ok I found that you can have a family room in the staines travel logue.

how long does it take to walk to the station from there, in order to get the thorpe park bus

does any one know :?
daveAT

so how far is the travelodge from the staines station
who can you get a train from staines to chessigtion as I wiuld go there the next day has i have 4 free tickets to use