Death at ATH

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Jay12

A women died last night at the Alton Towers hotel. Friends found her body this morning. Apparently she was on a hen night.
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
Kelly

The police suspect her drink was spiked after her friends recalled her saying she felt unwell after having her drink the night before.

Tragic News :(
sammie04

Wow terrible news I wonder what the cause of death was could of been anything. Horrible thing to happen on a hen night too :( .
Tom M

Dear me not another death, I remember Alton Towers having a death of a young boy not that long ago either. Things haven't been going too well for Alton this year, isn't their fault though. Lets just hope things yet better.

Tom.
Anonymous

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staf ... 293444.stm

29 Year Old, from Bradford. Hen Party, not being treated as suspicious.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aledaerials

Wot a terrible awful thing that has happened, especially when it is someone so young. My thoughts go to her family.

Tom, who was this boy that died, i didn't hear anything about that! Wot happened?
Mines a jack and coke thanks...cheers!
Wes

You can see the news artical HERE about the younge boy who died.

Its awful when things like this happen to people so young. Its must be hard for anyone involved with this, especialy family and friends.

Mugz x
Last edited by Wes on Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plasticboy

Tragic. Such a shame, i cant image how the other people on the hen night would have coped with such an event.

As mentioned, not good times for the Hotels when things like this happen, and recently there seem to be more of these type of incident happening then ever before.
When i stayed in the hotels in July i interacted with staff alot (due to our stuff being stolen, hence an investigation by police and the staff taking us to tesco's to get new clothes!) and we asked them about this kind of thing and mentioned the incident about the boy.
Just in the 2 days we were there, there were 1 broken arm, 2 broken legs, and 3, yes 3 heart attacks! The staff were saying how terrible it is for them to deal with such things, and i can image it must be hard.

I sure do hope the familys/friends are ok. Must be terrible. :(
Sazzle

Was also in The Sun today, though they reported it at Splash Landings.. Though I wouldn't trust a tabloid with an inch of my life as it goes.

Apparently she mentioned to a friend the night of the drinking that she thought someone had spiked her drink and her friends found her dead in the room in the morning.

Some great wedding that will be :( Poor lass.
Stevogriff

It was on Midlands Today on monday saying the same thing that she had said the night before that she thought someone spiked her drinks and they found her dead the next morning but yesterday midlands today said that they aren't treating the death suspiciously.

Hope the friends and family are ok :(