Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Kaz

Page 2 for Updates

Well, it looks like the fourth B&M Dive Machine is on its way for 2007 over at Busch Gardens Europe. It is rumored to have a bigger and better layout that its sister Sheikra and rise a massive 205ft into the sky.
We should see a Press release around the 23rd August so ill keep you updated.

Dive Machines have come a long way since Oblivion!

Watch the video..
Last edited by Kaz on Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
altontowerskid

Yes, Dive Machines have come very far, but nowhere near were they should be. Sheikra is amazing but doesn't have the same atmosphere that Oblivion has. This new one better have something spectacular about it or i will be very unimpressed.

The worst thing about Sheikra is the stupid building they built around the track on the drop, this is just a crap version of Oblivions hole is the ground, which is far better, and makes a brill sound as it travels through it.
Kaz

Well seeing as Sheikra is themed around a eagle flying around a volcano it makes scene doesnt it? I dont know of any volcanoes that are just holes in the ground.
AstroDan

I don't think they've come far at all. Considering of the current three, two are drops and rises and only one has anything else. They really have not caught on. In a way mind, this gives them a uniqueness.

Be very interesting to see what Busch do with their 2nd Diver.
Kaz

The thing is Astro the reason not many of them have been built is because of exclusive contracts. Alton had one preventing any other Dive Machines from being built for a number of years and as soon as that contract ended Busch Gardens opened a new one. Its a silly move on B&Ms half but if the moneys right, why not?
Thomas

Nothing will ever beat the original;
Oblivion, still the best dive machine
Nemesis, nothing has beaten it
Top Thrill Dragster, from what people have said it is still the best
Sheikra to me doesn't look anything special, no intense build up, is this new one a clone but higher or a total new layout?

Thomas
Kaz

It will be a total new layout as in the video it shows the second drop on the left unlike Sheikras that is on the right.
Thomas

O right thanks, i never been to a bush gardens before i was wondering how well they theme rides as this will most doubt ably play a big part in the ride?

Thomas
John

[quote=""!Thomas!""]Nothing will ever beat the original;
Oblivion, still the best dive machine
Nemesis, nothing has beaten it
Top Thrill Dragster, from what people have said it is still the best [/quote]

Just to be slightly picky, nemesis was not the first inverted coaster, nor was top thrill dragster the first accelerator coaster.
Adz
Admin
Admin

And to be honest, Oblivion has been beaten. Sheikra is far superior in pretty much every way.
AstroDan

You may well be correct, I haven't ridden Sheikra, but from stats alone it does seem to hit the note. Also, the inversion and that water feature look super!

However, as we all know, stats aren't everything.

:D
Adz
Admin
Admin

I don't think theres any denying it is better. The drop is bigger and the inversion and watersplash surely can't make the ride any worse than Oblivion?
AstroDan

I wouldn't have thought it could be worse than Oblivion. The Fanboy in me would argue that the Oblivion drop appears more relentless since it is underground, but in reality, I would have thought Sheikra would pull more intensity as it continues into an inversion then another drop.

Any Sheikra riders care to enlighten?

:?
Thomas

I guess so, but IMO Oblivion looks more visually impacting and builds up more suspense than Sheikra

Thomas
Rollercoaster 4 Life

Having been on both SheiKra and Oblivion I would have to say that SheiKra is the better ride. If I would have to pick out of the drop alone I would say Oblivion, just as it goes underground and it seems to be vertical for longer. On SheiKra's drop it goes vertical for like one piece of track and then starts a smooth bend out into the Immelmenn loop. But for the overall ride I would have to pick SheiKra, because it offers much more than Oblivion does - Immelmenn loop, second vertical drop and a watersplash. Although, Oblivion builds up more tension before the ride and the drop IMO is more intense.
Yesterday\'s the past, tomorrow\'s the future, but today is a gift. That\'s why it\'s called the present.

PSN ID]Bankzy108
Add me if you want!
liam14

I really dont see the point in having 2 vertical drop roller coasters in the same park, it already has sheikra couldnt they be more inventiv Alton towers doesnt have more then 1 of the same type of caoster and :

oblivion - Vertica Drop (worlds first)
Air - Flying (worlds first)
Rita - launches coaster
nemesis - inverted (wordls first)
corky - sit down (worlds first invtertion)
rmt - a mine train coaster powers by electricity

:)
Nemesis: 4
Air : 4
Oblivion :3
Corkscrew: 8
Rita :4
Runaway mine train :15

Trips to A.T :14
Adz
Admin
Admin

This is a different busch gardens park....

Also please use the spellcheck.
Dr Pop Rocket

[quote=""liam14""]

[/quote]

Both of those are incorrect.
Kaz

Air - Flying (worlds first)
That is also wrong. Air was B&Ms first flying coaster, Vekoma created the worlds first and even that is debatable.
liam14

[quote=""Dr Pop Rocket""][quote=""liam14""]

[/quote]

Both of those are incorrect.[/quote]

No, nemesis was the worlds first sit down and in 1980 the first foller coaster invertion was created to a ride called corkscrew.

And air was the worlds first flyin, I know ma facts:D
Nemesis: 4
Air : 4
Oblivion :3
Corkscrew: 8
Rita :4
Runaway mine train :15

Trips to A.T :14