Muslim Day - September 17th

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Leo

Don't forget who owns Alton Towers!

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the ruler of Dubai and owner of Dubai Investment, a company of Dubai Holding.

And yes, you guessed, he's Muslim.
Jay12

What happened to the religous belief of us all being 'equal'? I never read in the bible
God: All theme parks and other attractions will be closed for any religion
:?
All a load of bollocks, call me dis-respectful, call me what you want. But religion is nothing more than a make believe myth. And closing a public attraction for it, is beyond me.
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
Ian

I will say it again, this is NOT a topic about religion or the divides it can/not create. If it turns into a 'we hate religion' topic I will turn it into a deleted topic!
Jay12

I say we all turn up in protest. If the park had a 'Christian' day (not religious myself) there would be an absoutle uproar from other religions and i wouldn't blame them. This is turning into a some what racist event.
Adam

Ian, i know where your coming from, but if we cannot post our opinions on this subject, what do you want us to post in this topic?
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Wes

Lol, I think you should just shut up and let these guys enjoy their day on park.

Come on. Its not exactly wrecking your life, just accept the park is being rented out and you need not know any more.

This is just blooming stupid.

Mugz x

:rock:
Leo

Like someone said already, Alton Towers can be booked for a private day by anyone. The fact that the motive for the booking is religious is irrelevant.

It offends me no more that AT is closing to non-Muslims than when it closed to non-BT staff.
Ian

[quote=""Adäm""]Ian, i know where your coming from, but if we cannot post our opinions on this subject, what do you want us to post in this topic?[/quote]

You can post your opinions on the subject which is exactly what you should be doing not saying stuff like 'religion is the cause of all evil' & 'religion is bad' etc.
Williscroft

I saw this in the paper today and im disgusted by it. Not because it’s a Muslim only day, it’s the fact that one religion has been aloud to hire the park for a day. Religion already causes enough trouble as it is and things like this just don’t help.

Yes Alton Towers can hire the park out to who they want but when it’s a business it’s not targeted at someone’s religion, colour or beliefs like this one. I disagree with events like these as it causes people to be racist through anger and there’s already enough of that as there is.

What’s wrong with all religions being together in a theme park? If a religion doesn’t believe in something that’s involved in a day out such as drinking or gambolling then don’t go or just don’t be involved with it.
MostMagicalCat

man is the problem, if relgion didnt cause wars then money would, if that didnt cause wars politics would,if not that,land size, and so on.
You can blame it on religion, but mankind would fight about anything, its instictive, and by downing other people for relgion, sexuality, or even smell of feet, you are doing whats wrong with minkind, hate, lots off it, lets be happy for other people come on. love man, love
[
Leo

If a religion doesn’t believe in something that’s involved in a day out such as drinking or gambolling then don’t go or just don’t be involved with it.
Quite right - they shouldn't, and they don't! That's why they're getting the park to themselves for the day - and generating an additional 28,000 extra ticket sales for AT that they wouldn't have got if they didn't.

You need to take your religious head off and put your business one on.
Adam

Actually i think thats a good point, AT will be getting more ticket sales from this so i guess that explains their reasons behind letting them do this.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Williscroft

Yer i uderstand that totaly, they are a business and are out to make as much money as possible but i just think when religion gets involved in things like this it's just asking for trouble personaly.
Sir John Talbot

[quote=""Williscroft""]I saw this in the paper today and im disgusted by it. Not because it’s a Muslim only day, it’s the fact that one religion has been aloud to hire the park for a day. Religion already causes enough trouble as it is and things like this just don’t help.

Yes Alton Towers can hire the park out to who they want but when it’s a business it’s not targeted at someone’s religion, colour or beliefs like this one. I disagree with events like these as it causes people to be racist through anger and there’s already enough of that as there is.

What’s wrong with all religions being together in a theme park? If a religion doesn’t believe in something that’s involved in a day out such as drinking or gambolling then don’t go or just don’t be involved with it.[/quote]

So what you're saying is that because this "group" is religious, then they shouldn't be able to rent out of the park.

Surely not! This is just the same instance as the BT event. If any group has the money to hire out Alton Towers, they should be able to do so. It doesn't matter if the group is a herd of cows. Race and religion isn't and shouldn't be a concern, I think people are miscontruing this. It is merely a group renting Alton Towers out!
MostMagicalCat

anybody can hire the park ANYBODY people are just showing there predjudice by magnifying the muslum bit.

its sad :(
[
a.ndy

[quote=""Towers Nerd""]. We're trying to integrate Muslims into the wider community.

Source: The Sun[/quote]

Erm, is it just me or does that slightly contradict what they are actually doing :!:
Jay12

As ive said too a few other people, all Alton Towers is, is Tussauds piggy bank. They know they can make a hell of alot of money from this park, but then spend it on Thorpe and chessington in the future. We appreciate this park too much.
Alton Towers build a well known roller coaster 'brand' as such and advertise it best they can, millions of public come, Tussauds get millions, they spend it at thorpe which includes themeing and sometimes a much better ride. Alton Towers is nothing but a Tussaud playground full of money and vunerable paying guests.
Religous or not :lol:
Williscroft

[quote=""mostmagicalcat""]anybody can hire the park ANYBODY people are just showing there predjudice by magnifying the muslum bit.

its sad :([/quote]

I have to disagree, im not prejudice at all, its not that fact that its a Muslim day like I said, it could of been an only Christian day and I would of disagreed with it as what I was trying to say is when religion gets brought into things like this I just seen it causing trouble and more racism in the country.
MostMagicalCat

I have to disagree, im not prejudice at all, its not that fact that its a Muslim day like I said, it could of been an only Christian day and I would of disagreed with it as what I was trying to say is when religion gets brought into things like this I just seen it causing trouble and more racism in the country.
but you are predjudice against relgion, and all the people who folow thier teachings,

if you are saying when relgion is brought up and it causes troubble, then why are you causing the trouble, why cant you leave it and let them get on with it.
that itself is singling out people with faith and you decideding that you want to fuel that hate, at least that how it sounds to me

with respect
mostmagicalcat :wink:
[
Williscroft

No im not saying religion causes trouble its self, you got me all wrong, people are entitled to believe in what they want and I respect that, what im saying is when things like this happen it causes allot of trouble I feel with the people that are already racist. Im certainly not racist and personally don’t have a problems with the event, I have a problem with what trouble the event will cause.