Muslim Day - September 17th

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Sir John Talbot

[quote=""Muggins""]Its getting a tad too Racist for me here. Lets not be too harsh here guys.
I havn't seen anywhere its not open to the public, but -

"Alton Towers reserves the rights to close for Special events"

Edit - 17th September - Sold out/Unavailable.

Mugz x

:rock:
[/quote]

I agree. Why can't Alton Towers repsect and give attention to other minority cultures, you does this place have to stay 100% "proper English"?

And it's one day of the park year respecting another culture, and people see this as disgraceful - well then don't go! There are plenty more days you can go, but this is an oppertunity for a minority group to have a day at an English theme park whilst abiding by the rules of there faith. Every other day, Muslims can't go to the park because they would be offended by what is there - that is just as racist as this day! And if this day is "racist", everyone who objects to it is "racist". We could go policital correctness gone mad on this, but the fact is this has nothing to do with race. Standard English arrogance and Xenophobia!
Gashead

[quote=""Sir John Talbot""]well then don't go!![/quote]

You cant unless your a muslim :lol:
Nathan

:lol: true.

And what you mean 'racist' to them, Sir John Talbot! This is England and an english theme park, if they dont like what we have then they shouldnt go. Its not our fault we have different cultures and stuff to them. I cant believe you said its just as racist because we have gambling machines, alcohol and what ever they dont like!
Jonnyboy

'They', 'them', 'that'.

This is England - and we have many different cultures. Wow, fantastic observation, Alton Towers is an English theme park! And therefore, welcomes many multi-cultural guests as normal.

I don't like the idea of the day, but stop talking crap.
Nathan

[quote=""Jonnyboy""]'They', 'them', 'that'.

This is England - and we have many different cultures. Wow, fantastic observation, Alton Towers is an English theme park! And therefore, welcomes many multi-cultural guests as normal.

I don't like the idea of the day, but stop talking crap.[/quote]

So your telling me if we went to a Muslim country and hired out one of the leisure services but only for Christians, do you think they would allow it to happen and be quiet? No! And i wouldnt be surprised if the government have funded this Islamic company.
Sir John Talbot

And what you mean 'racist' to them, Sir John Talbot! This is England and an english theme park, if they dont like what we have then they shouldnt go. Its not our fault we have different cultures and stuff to them. I cant believe you said its just as racist because we have gambling machines, alcohol and what ever they dont like!
I said that, because this event isn't racist! This day excludes English majorities as much as the average Alton Towers day excludes some religions and minority groups and yes for an English theme park it'd be strange to compromise our culture for that of "others", but this is one day when people from Muslim cultural backgrounds can enjoy the theme park as one group, free from offenses to their religion. Where's the racism in that? Just like when BT hire out the park, is that jobism :wink:.

Fair doo's and such, but I'm really not offended by this. It's one day.

And I don't plan to visit the park on this day anyway, lol.
Last edited by Sir John Talbot on Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nathan

Well thats your views on things, peoples differ
Gashead

This subject of this topic has even made it onto the Everton forum i go on :lol: They all disagree with it.
Jonnyboy

[quote=""Mackem Lad""][quote=""Jonnyboy""]'They', 'them', 'that'.

I don't like the idea of the day, but stop talking crap.[/quote]

So your telling me if we went to a Muslim country and hired out one of the leisure services but only for Christians, do you think they would allow it to happen and be quiet? No! And i wouldnt be surprised if the government have funded this Islamic company.[/quote]

So, what your suggesting esentially, is that Muslims are second class to Christians?
Ian

Ladies please put down your handbags and step away from the dancefloor. . .

Do not turn this topic into a religion war discussion, please remember that everyone has different opinions and as long as they aren't offensive they are welcome on TTF.

Thanks 8)
Vik

Though you cant book tickets anymore for the day in question on the Alton Towers ticket booking site, you are still able to book a hotel room with theme park entry included for the Sunday :shock:
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

MostMagicalCat

its a great idea, alton towers deversifying for another culture, allouing people to enjoy the park, without having to tolerate things that counter their beliefs.
perhaps a jewish day and my fave a rasta day could be on the list, however the point is it is hired for a private party, good for them, hey would it be an uproar if the chessington tap dancing club hired the park, i dont think so.

love my friends, love :)
[
Jay12

Religion is the biggest con pulled on man-kind, sod your race, your religion you can go where ever you please, don't like it, don't go im sure all muslims know that. Another completely **** idea from Alton Towers.
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
MostMagicalCat

Religion is the biggest con pulled on man-kind, sod your race, your religion you can go where ever you please, don't like it, don't go im sure all muslims know that. Another completely **** idea from Alton Towers.
come on man respect
Do not turn this topic into a religion war discussion, please remember that everyone has different opinions and as long as they aren't offensive they are welcome on TTF.
[
Jay12

respect for something that causes all the problems in the world?
come on man, be honest :wink:
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
Sir John Talbot

[quote=""Jay16""]Religion is the biggest con pulled on man-kind, sod your race, your religion you can go where ever you please, don't like it, don't go im sure all muslims know that. Another completely **** idea from Alton Towers.[/quote]

Wooah harsh! You may be athiest, but billions of people on this earth are religious so even if you don't believe their faith, you can respect it! Religion is just one entity of belief, and all humans should have the right to believe things shouldn't they? Religion doesn't cause problems, indifference does.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but is this just the park being hired out, like BT and such? If this is the case, then I don't see how anyone is offended - surely every "group" has the right to hire Alton Towers?
Last edited by Sir John Talbot on Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MostMagicalCat

im not saying i agree or disigree cos i dont want to argue this one(well i do but its not approprate), but everyone is entiled to thier beliefs and we as people should respect that,

i will add a wee bit, money causes more problems :wink: (i cant resist)
[
Adam

I actually agree with Jay. If there was no religion, there would be hardly any war in the world.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Jonnyboy

Oh righto, we'll just cancel it then. :wink:
Adam

"We'll" You running it then?
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."