Alton 'Haunted' Towers

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Jay12

While searching the net for some Ghost investigation equipment i noticed this link at the side, i clicked on it and was quite suprised out-side co-orporations are doing ghost investigations at the location. With that i mean Alton Towers haven't brought this up themselves, its official.
The tickets are £59.99 as you may of read, which is pretty cheap to be honest, this does NOT include park admission, its for the ghost investigation only, which it should be.
I would love to go on this, but i really don't feel the towers to be haunted, through the small tallent of being a medium i have never ever felt a prescence or an atmosphere when ive walked around the ruins. Despite the pics of supposed orbs and fog clouds, i feel its just general heavy dust and hot air breathed by the people close to the camera. Its a beautiful ruin, but thats all i feel.

http://www.letsbespooked.co.uk/altontowers.html
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
Nutty dreadz

They did ghost investigations a while back.
Look at these links:

http://www.towersalmanac.com/index.php?show_story=214
http://www.paranormaltours.com/events/a ... 00506.html

The other one's were a bit more expensive though. £99.00 for the same thing really! The only thing you got in the £99.00 was a buffet meal. It's now £59.99, so if everything else is the same, the original tour was charging £40 for the meal! :-?

I wouldn't mind going on this, seems like a fair price I guess.

Anyone go on the original one? Would be intersting to hear about it, and what happened (if anything did!)
Anonymous

There's a trip report in the 'AT Trip Planning and Reports' sub-forum on ATA, by a member called 'Gregster'. Sounded quite interesting - although any ghostly 'presences' felt by the medium were apparently quite laughable.

I'd get you the link, but frankly, I can't be arsed. :P

Nutty dreadz

Kaycee, thats just lazy!

Here's the link!
http://forums.towersalmanac.com/index.p ... opic=13277

Quite a long and interesting report. Doesn't sound like much "activity" went on really, but it's worth a read a guess!
Vik

I noticed the very same one while browsing yesterday, I am very tempted to actually go on one of these; Theres one next Saturday from 7.30pm, including a ride on Hex.

I read the review on ATA a while back, and that one was £100, this one is £60, which isnt too bad really.

I am not really a believer in the Supernatural, and reading the ATA report, I can imagine that it may get a bit silly, though as long as Derek Akara isnt there, at least it wont be a complete farce. :twisted:

Would be good to spend the night in the towers, if anything just for the experience. Is it worth £60 though?
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Towers tucan

Looks like ill be going Jay !

<!-- s]
Lauzi

The Towers always look quite magical and mystical in a spooky way when you walk past. I would love to go on one of these paranormal tours, but know that I would get too scared. It would be amazing if you actually got to communicate with ex-members of the Talbot family.
Nutty dreadz

It would be amazing if you actually got to communicate with ex-members of the Talbot family.
Perhaps they should get that weirdo Derek from Most Haunted to go on it! Im sure he'd have plenty of conversations with them! Whether or not he's real I do not know!
Maz

Although I'm not a "psychic" (i'll leave that career choice to Mr Acorah!) , I can and do feel presences in places.
I'm pretty sure that the parts of the Towers I walked around on Saturday are NOT haunted. The only bit I felt uneasy about is the entrance to the Towers by the exit of Hex. But that could have been the fact that I couldn't see where I was going as I still had my sunglasses on DOH!
I would be seriously impressed if there were ghosts at AT. What a wonderful place to spend eternity :D But I'm pretty sure theres not.

My other half wondered if the people who used to live there ever heard screams they couldn't explain? Something to do with timetravel? Can't explain it, it was his idea.
barryzola

Apparantly, someone died on the steps at the grand entrance (hex). There are various accounts, but it's quite interesting because according to some sources one of the earls of shrewsbury died on those steps after walking from the station lodge (the building you see on the right with the big gates if coming from Alton village direction) to the grand entrance. Not sure which earl but it couldn't be the 15th or 16th earls because there deaths are accounted for in different circumstances as far as i can remember.

I don't believe in ghosts or anything but i thought someone may be interested.
Vik

The event planned for this Saturday has now been cancelled, at rather short notice, though the August one is still going ahead.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Will

I would love to go on one of these paranormal tours, but know that I would get too scared.
I would like to go too but at the bottom it says you must be over 18. :(