Oakwood

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
timmy1372

Will visit this year then and if its rubbish i'll blame you, i'm just kidding it looks like its a very good ride anyway i'm sure it will be worth it.
ukool

i saw an advert for speed today, it looks good
Beth

This is probably a bit late to post, but when me and my boyfriend and his mate went to Oakwood on Thursday, no sooner we sat on speed ready to set off, that it broke down.
We were told to get off the ride, because they werent able to fix the problem because they had no idea what was wrong.
TWO engineers looked at it, and had no idea what was wrong.
It was closed all day then, and when we went back to see the coaster at the end of the day, the guy who was standing at the coaster told us that they still werent able to resolve the problem and that they had had to ring the manufacturer's up in Germany so one of their engineer's could come to Oakwood and fix it. I dunno if that has happened, but does anyone know if Speed is back up and running?
::: (\\(\\
*: (=\' :\') :*
•.. (,(\'\')(\'\')¤°
TenZero

Speed is now operating without fault. Very unfortunate for you to go and it be closed, as on the first day it ran non-stop problem free.
Beth

Yeah it is, but the thing is, it was working fine before we sat down on it, which means I've been teasing my boyfriend and his mate, telling them that they broke Speed when they sat down it it :lol:
Glad it's up and running now, we're going again soon!
::: (\\(\\
*: (=\' :\') :*
•.. (,(\'\')(\'\')¤°
deb

My bro went to Oakwood today and Speed was working all day, he said the queues were pretty big tho!
Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you\'re up to
aledaerials

:D Hello, just wanted to say that i went to oakwood on good friday and experianced speed, it was fantastic! ive seen you talking about oakwood before so i thought id mention it. Has anyone else been yet, i only live about half an hour away, but id rather live only half an hour from AT! never mind eh. :D
Mines a jack and coke thanks...cheers!
aledaerials

ok, i understand that maybe oakwood is not as interesting as AT! especially since ive been going to AT for 20 years. But oakwood is fun and its getting bigger, well maybe just a little bit every now and again, but thats beside the point, i ment to say that when you live in wales, oakwood is all you got! so thankyou for reading. :?
Ash

Ive never visited the park but it looks interesting and appears to have great potential! Adding some excellent rides, its seems such an underated park. Much lilke Flamingo Land.

I think we will be seeing much more of these 2 parks in the future.
AstroDan

Oakrood does look good yes, although they don't introduce new rides often enough :-(. Speed looks like fun though, so i may have to pay a vist to that part of the UK soon.
terrys

speed looks good (maybe a little from the onride video i just watched - www.97degrees.co.uk)

oakwood in general is a great little park was a shame about the hydro accident in 2004 and the bad publicity which came with that.

only been there once (last year) unfortunatlly the people i went with wanted to leave at 3 because early-mid june and was a really quiet day and we were literally walking onto all the ride the only que i remember all day was on snake river falls
would have happily spent the day going between the pirate ship, bounce, megaphobia (and hydro had it been open)

thinking about it makes me wish i still lived in south wales

*Topics Merged* - Croftybaby :)
aledaerials

oakwood dont introduce new rides often because they dont have the money to do it like AT can. when i went on good friday, one of the men was talking to me about it and he said its a small family run buissiness, but its getting so much better now. Hydro was up and running, but there was not a soul on it! As i said earlier it was dead when i went.just the way i like it. (Cant wait to get on speed again) :D
TenZero

Yep, Hydro seems to be dead this new season. Oakwood build a major ride every 3 years, leaving smaller rides to be built in between. Yeah it is a small family run buisness well not really family but meh.
aledaerials

Matt, check your mail. :D
Anonymous

I did go to oakwood on april 15th and it was my first time of visiting.
Overall i can say it is a great day out and for £15 its a bargain. I can see why Megaphobia is seen as the best woodie in europe. Speed is EXCELLENT the force of it is unbelievable and Hydro is the best water ride i have been on (just beating Valhalla). The park was quiet that day and the most i waited for a go on a ride was 15 mins that was on Megaphobia. Speed was a walk-on most of the day. But by dinner i had been on all the major rides so i as very happy. So i would recommend that if you have chance to go you should go to OAKWOOD PARK.
John

Its nice to see oakwood are putting their all into trying to compete with other parks despite their obviously much smller budget.

I'd like to go again soon as I haven't been for years - I last visited before speed, hydro, the bounce or vertigo were built so there wasn't that much for me to do (especially as I wasn't brave enough to go on megafobia!).

Speed looks like a pretty good little coaster, hard to tell from pics and videos how good exactly, the more than vertical first drop looks like it provides an interesting ride experience.
TenZero

Well Speed is a great ride, IMO its better than Oblivions drop. Better than Nemesis Inferno and Colossus ride and probably the best in UK.
Matt 125

For anyone who hasn't seen the Speed TV advert. . . go on this website and download it, you will then have to un-zip it! There are also some other cool videos of Speed on this webby. . .

http://www.97degrees.co.uk/videos.html

PM me if you are having trouble with WinZip and I can send you the vid!

Matt :D
deb

Went on Speed four times yesterday, it was walk on all morning. Its a fantastic little ride, sitting in the front definately makes a difference despite the ride op telling us otherwise! The vertical lift hill is very intimidating, and the ride pulls a lot of Gs, especially the helix at the end. My only complaint is the area around the ride, its still a building site, with portacabin shops and photobooth and pop concert barriers around the ride and the queue line, hopefully Oakwood will work on this because it does look awful!
Hydro was only opening at 2-5 for some reason, wonder if the negative publicity about the girls death is having an effect on its popularity :shock:
Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you\'re up to
iriderides101

What do you prefer?