Mayhem Meetup - Sat 27th May (Planning and Reports)

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Danzaw*nk

Ah the lift! I find it funny how AT are playing Thorpe's music! Even on the gondolas of the Skyride and Tavern they are playing Thorpe entrance music; shameful AT :x. I think they are too scared to play the new Towers Street.

I'm looking forward to tonight when all the others get back with the photos and vids :lol:. That was so funny when that kid was taking a group photo in UG Land and Uncle Dan handed him his big chunky expensive one and the kid had a face of shock! I can't believe we went on Bland 3 times! 3 times! Shameful. :lol:

On the next meet i hope to speak to KC a bit more, only spoke for a bit. Likewise for Liam but you are cool :D. Also i never spoke to Jon (except 'sorry'), Ant, Lee, Jase, Kelly, Neal, Dave, Cameron, Ben, Dan and Jade. There wernt too many chances unfortunately, all i think i said was 'hi' :lol:.

On the next meet i will hopefully speak to those that i didnt yesterday. Adz is super, we had a great laugh on the journey back with a plastic giraffe that was found in the SW queue :lol:. UD and Marky are brilliant! Great laugh, nice people and really cheerful. Once again, thanks for the lift :wink:. Craig seemed to like my Stephen Hawking impression :lol:. Craig is ace :D. Sarah is brilliant. Likewise for Tom, Alex, Vik, Nick, (you're not getting my back seat! :P), Evil Cod, Ray and Dave! Can't wait to have some more laughs with you all. Once again, was a great day and cant wait for the next meet i can go to :D.

Hope you all enjoyed my presense, i know i enjoyed yours :D.
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
AstroDan

27 May 06 report

Taking a person who is going to feel sick on most rides to Alton Towers was probably the worst decision I could have made before a TTF meet-up. Unfortunately my day was pretty lame because of it :-(

Got on park at 9:45am and did Spinball and Rita followed by Corkscrew and Hex. My friend wasn't feeling to great after Hex so we walked about for about an hour and then went on the Flume. By this stage I was thinking that the park was much quieter than I had expected considering it was a Bank Holiday weekend!

After Flume we went to Duel and then walked back down towards Merrie England. Bumped into a few TTFers on the way down (was really impressed that someone recognised me!) - but I can only remember one of the names (Nutty Dreadz) - but they were all really nice. I ought to have chosen to maybe go about with them for a bit as my friend was really not in the mood for any of the bigger rides.

Ended up in the Tavern, called Kaycee and then a load of peeps came by. Was nice to meet some people and put one or two faces to names - but I wasn't really in a very good mood yesterday as my friend kept saying she wanted to walk around the gardens for an hour see if whe felt better and I wanted to go on Nemesis and Air :evil:

Anyway, a load of the older TTFers I wanted to chat to but i'll have to save it till the next time!

Took my friend on Squirrel Nutty afterwards before we walked around the Towers complex and Gardens, which whilst not why I pay the admission fee - was very nice all the same.

Managed to drag her over to FV and I went on my own on Air as she was concerned it would make her ill, and then we walked down through Gloomy Wood and went on the Rapids. After this, back up to FV for Ripsaw which was a terrible idea. My friend didn't manage to see it operating before we went on - and she hated it and then felt ill for about an hour.

We walked about for an hour before I demanded she went on Nemesis and Oblivion. Bear in mind, she'd been on Silver Star at Europa Park, she was having issues with Air :shock:

Managed to get her on Nemesis about 4pm, wanted to go on RMT but she said she couldn't be bothered so we went on Oblivion and then made for the exit at 5pm.

All in all, whilst it was nice to bump into some TTFers, I was far from sociable and not in a good mood because my friend was not really enjoying herself with the rides. She did love the scenery though.

Hope nobody thought I seemed a bit boring but next time i'll endeavour to meet some of the peeps I didn't get a chance to talk to or see.

:W

My ride count:

Flume x1
Rapids x1
Duel x1
Nemesis x1
Ripsaw x1
Air x1
Rita x1
Ug Swinger x1
Corkscrew x1
Hex x1
Oblivion x1
Spinball x1
Squirrel Nutty x1
Jay12

I cannot say how much fun this weekend was. From the time i entered the park through the day, the camping and today i never stopped laughin. Although i had a really bad hangover this morning due to excessive drinking saturday night while having a bloody good laugh in markys' and Marks van! can't wait for the photos and videos.
:D/

Can i thank Ben for giving me a lift home to and also craig for buying me food saturday night due to skintness :(
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
Redcoat Jase

Hmmmmm! A Very interesting Weekend to say the least! :D

Firstly, i would like to apologise to certain people who thought i was moody because i didn't say much, like many others it was the first time i've ever really met anyone from TTF before - I'm not normally quiet, I was just quite shy! :oops:

It was nice to meet everyone but i feel i left quite a bad impression of myself, so i'm sorry if i offended anyone! :(

Oh and AstroDancer - It was me who stopped you when you were walking to Merry England! LOL - You looked quite shocked and confused! :D
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Nick

I'm back from 3 days there, and back again tommorow! Had a fantastic time yet again, only downer being my wallet going walkies from Splash :x Sorry if that put a downer on anyone's night!

It was great meeting Mark and Mark (Marky and Uncle Dan), two of the nicest blokes i've ever met, cheers again for helping me out for friday night!

Was also great meeting everyone on saturday, although I didnt really talk to all of you.

Roll on July 1st :D
Vik

Great weekend, far to tired to type up a full trip report at the moment, but some highlights.

Great meeting everyone again, and all the newcomers as well, and also meeting Marky & Uncle Dan for the first time.

Usual greatness from Nemesis, stuck on Oblivion in the break run for 10-15mins, and didnt even get an exit pass. An umbrella would of been nice at least :lol:

The skyride breakdown, which turned out to be a power cut accross the whole park. Stuck above Ugland, watching manual harness release on Rita, and Corky stuck on the Lift hill. Poor Kaycee all on her own.

The trip to Domino's pizza in Chavtown, with all the Chavettes banging on the window asking Ray to buy a drink for them, and generally falling about everywhere, having consumed 1/2 pint of shandy.

Ray spilling all the sauce over the back of my car on way back to campsite, and me getting the blame for it. Cant think why :?

Being told that Thunderlooper was now in Canada by the Mine Train ride op, when Mark asked where it was, "because we went on it yesterday" :lol: When corrected, finnally clicked as to who we were :lol:

Rays high score of 101,000 and 108,000 on Duel

Nemesis SRQ is fantastic, and very quick to get through. (But tut! tut!, those big groups of people joining all together to avoid the long queues. :twisted: )

Anyway enough rabbiting on, but one or 2 downers before I go.

Crowds gathering in Towers Street before park opening at 9.30, making it more or less impossible to get to the barriers at the front to show your AP to get in the park. At the very least their should be a narrow pathway so AP holders & Hotel guests can gain entrance to the park.

Towers street music is bad, nuff said, I hate it.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

BlackHole2006

Hello everyone,

Sounds like you had a blast! Just wandering will there be any video footage of the meet-up soon A.K.A Today?

If so please could you give us the download link or PM It to me.

Cheers,
BlackHole2006
:D
This is my dignature. For now.........
sammie04

well its a bit hard to get my footage up when Ant accidently left it in Kaycee's bag when we had to rush off home because my tea was nearly ready :lol: .

Brilliant weekend I will do all my highlights later. Also I apologise that I didn't stick around the meetup for too long went to drop Jon off with Ben and also I was quite quiet on saturday so apologise if I didn't talk much or meet many of the newbies. I had a fantasic weekend love you guys you rock :D

Video of hotel footage from friday night saturday night camping footage and sunday day footage will be up soon once I get my camera back and I will do my trip reports for each day later :) .
Vik

I got a bit of footage, but Im working from tomorrow until Friday morning, so its likely to be next weekend before I can get anything decent online, but ill try my best to get something done during the week inbetween shifts.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Skumfidus

Just to point out, if the footage of me ranting on about how 'fat' peopleshouldn't have sex, i was drunk. And those toasted jaffa cakes were ace! nice to meet you all (even though i did feel like a bit of an outsider lol). And no! they were not my standard issue pants in the toilets at the campsite!

Ryan

(edit- I just checked checked and re-checked my sig size, and it has always been 499 by 149, always! boohoo!)
Last edited by Skumfidus on Sun May 28, 2006 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Oh gawd the Jaffa Cakes! Sorry Mark if you happened to be sleeping on a few during the night :P

Looking forward to carrying on the meetup fun till tomorrow :D
Adz
Admin
Admin

(edit- I just checked checked and re-checked my sig size, and it has always been 499 by 149, always! boohoo!)
Yes but you had text underneath it. :)
Wortho

Nice to see you all at the camp site, especially, TTF In The Van lol, Nice of you to tell me and Ryan your opinions and hopefully they will be listened to, eg. Towers music.
Ash

Hey Wortho!

Nemesis muisc aswell! I cant put up with S Club 7 on Nemesis! Jeeeez!
Wortho

All gone today, YAY! :D
Anonymous

Had a really good trip yesterday, i think i saw you people in the merry England drinks tavern, you tapped someone upto the support beams i couldnt stop giggling at you!

[quote=""Wortho""]Nice to see you all at the camp site, especially, TTF In The Van lol, Nice of you to tell me and Ryan your opinions and hopefully they will be listened to, eg. Towers music.[/quote]

I have a complaint to make about my visit yesterday, i was riding doodle derby with my 2 girls. And we had just got going when the ride slowed down again and we were told to get off. Now my girls weren't too happy, bit like me to be honest this was about 5 o clock i think it was. When we were about to approach the riverboat ride we were told we couldn't go on there eigther. I was wondering if anyone can help me in my matter and if i can point my complaint in the direction of you?
Liam

[quote=""Evil_Chucky_Carebear""]I have a complaint to make about my visit yesterday, i was riding doodle derby with my 2 girls. And we had just got going when the ride slowed down again and we were told to get off. Now my girls weren't too happy, bit like me to be honest this was about 5 o clock i think it was. When we were about to approach the riverboat ride we were told we couldn't go on there eigther. I was wondering if anyone can help me in my matter and if i can point my complaint in the direction of you?[/quote]
Evil_Chucky_Carebear, we got stuck on the Skyride above Ugland at this time too and waited for 10 minutes for the back-up generator to kick in. Rita and Corkscrew had both come to a halt and so had Forbidden Valley and Merry England, and thus I assume so did the rest of the park. It must have been a power cut and the only ride that seemed to be still running was Blade. I don't think that a complaint will do much good, but if you still want to I would think the best way would to be write a letter or ring them up. :) Details should be on the official website.
Tom M

Yeah I went over to Oblivion to find them turning people away, playing the technical problems announcement and attempting to send around empty shuttles. Which of course kept stopping.

Tom. :)
Danzaw*nk

That was so funny. KC all alone stuck over the valley :lol:.
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Tom M

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/Pr ... CN0204.jpg
Here is the on-ride photo of us on Corkie.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/Pr ... CN0205.jpg
Same again, I don't know which one is better quality.

Front: Dstone, Vik.
Middle: Dan, Me.
Back: Craig.

Tom. :)
Last edited by Tom M on Mon May 29, 2006 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.