The Greatest Dark Ride EVER !

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Ash

Yup Revenge of the Mummy is incredible!

I do like Spiderman though, nobody has mentioned Hex yet :cry:
caffeine_demon

Revenge of the mummy(us orlando) for ultimate thrills
spiderman (ioa) - for the ultimate family ride

and MGMs tot, and valhalla get special mentions.
Anonymous

Id have to say charlie and the chocolate factory, oh wait no Im lying, its rubbish. Erm Duel, oh wait no thats poor too!

Personally I think Hex is a damn good dark ride, using local legend and resources at their fingertips to make a very good ride the only let down for me is that the story doesnt finish, you see the curse put on, then a log and thats it.
MostMagicalCat

"the stone is the key"

Temple Del Fugo at port aventura, gota love the heat, flames and scale, good stuff.

valhala, was but never rode it with all effects working, that was just after opening, just dissipoints now
[
Altonholic

Revenge of the Mummy at Universal, got to be my favorite ride. Full Stop.
luke_1012

By Far the best ride dark ride ever is TOT at MGM. Its so scary from the very start when your walking round the queue with the sound effects of the woman singing in the back round.
Then you move on into that exellent themed lobby with all the cob- webs on the tea pots as though nobody had been there for ages. The staff there are so well dressed and play the part very well intimidating you alot.
Once you move into a library room a small black and white T.V. show comes on telling you the story of what happened to the people in the lift back then. After the guy tells you your about to go on a maitenece elvevator. :( :( (very scared now)
You come out the library into a boiler type room with red lights steem and eery noises. :cry: :oops:
When your about ot go into the lift an eery voice over comes on telling you the rules and where you are siiting.
The lift before you goes, the lights flicker and then the lift opens a couple of seconds later !empty!
You step in the staff give you there final words and you slowly start to rise to the first level! There i some great effects as blue ghosts appear then the whole rooms turns all stary. The window ahead of you looks like its coming towards you then smashes to peices. You then go up a second level where the lift goes out and moves onto a track where eery pictures of ticking clocks appear besinde you.
You see a bright light that separates and looks like a lift door that has opened (help) it moves forward and then stops.
it goes all silent then depending on what the ride setting is on it either drop you or lifts you up to the top then opens its doors giving you a spectacular view of MGM. Then it drops you to the bottom where you see lightning effects. It repaets drops about 4 or 5 times each one different. When it finishes it moves bak along the track stops turns around a door opens and you see the exit a eery voice comes on saying "we hope youve enjoyed your stay at the hollywood tower hotel plese come again" THEN YOUR OUT AND BACK ON AGAIN!
Its the best dark ride ever because of the build up and tension it gives you.

2. Rock and rollercoaster
3. Valhalla
Moley

Revenge of the Mummy for me, absolutely fantastic ride even from queueing you know exactly what your in for.
doom+sons1988

I think there hasn't been a good orignal Dark ride from Tussauds since Hex. You can't say they are getting better I think Bubbleworks and The Haunted House were the best dark ride in UK but I suppose that crown belongs to Hex because Valhalla is really a mish mash of a ride that has no clue what it is.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
TerrorTech

Best dark rides eh, Ok here goes:

1. Pirates of the Caribbean (DLP version)
2. Amazing adventure of Spiderman (IOA)
3. Winnie the pooh (Tokyo DL)
4. Curse of Darkastle (Busch VA)
5. Men in Black - Alien Attack (UniStudios FL)
6. DreamFlight (Efteling) - I loved this attraction
7. Templo del Fuego (Port Aventura)
8. HEX - Just slightly betters Villa Volta
9. Prof Burbs - Bubbleworks - I really miss the old fella,
10. X no way out - Lol, Ok just kidding.Tie between Revenge of the Mummy and Peter Pans Flight (all Disney Parks

TerrorTech

Old Alton pics here: http://community.webshots.com/user/terrortech
Clackers

For me, the greatest dark ride would have to be Revenge of the Mummy, closely followed by Spider-man 5D and then Pirates of the Caribbean.
iriderides101

The best dark ride is Mummy the revenge it is awesome however spoderman is also awesome
Anonymous

Mine would have to be Spiderman and as a joint the wonderfully underrated Poseidons Fury at IOA as well. Best European dark ride would have to be Eurosat closely followed by pirates of the carribean