Europa Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
AstroDan

New coaster for 2006 at Europa Park will be a Mack (surprise, surprise) YoungSTAR family coaster.

As of yet, there are no pictures of construction on EP fan sites nor RCDB. The YoungSTAR is a new coaster from Mack and isn't in existance anywher else in the world, yet.

It is believed the coaster will be situated under, or next to the superb Poseidon watercoaster in the Greek section of the park.

Europa Park really seem to be adding coaster after coaster - since '99 they've added Matterhorn Blitz, Silver Star, Poseidon, Atlantica and now Pegasus!

Europa Park don't half need some loops though. still - with the usual amazing theming I can see Pegasus being a great new addition to the park.
Last edited by AstroDan on Wed May 24, 2006 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MostMagicalCat

ohh sounds great 2007 will get there

i seem to drool when i read about this park :D
[
AstroDan

I have already planned my 2006 visit! It will be during the world cup though so I hope it isn't rammed. Also, EP is near to Baden Baden and I have just read on BBC News that the England squad will be staying in a luxury hotel there. Maybe we'll see Owen on Silver Star? ;-)
MostMagicalCat

have already planned my 2006 visit! It will be during the world cup though so I hope it isn't rammed
thats why im the year after!would be scairy getting in to germany at that time, hope you got your accom all sortted :D
[
AstroDan

I think it'll be just fine. here's hoping anyway!

The best way of getting to EP via public transport is the return bus from Strasbourg every Saturday and Sundays at 7.50am from the Gare Routiere des Halles. I'll be in Strasbourg and since that's in France, i am hoping there won't be the hooligan checks they'll be having in Germany!
AstroDan

The latest information on the two new Europa Park rides, plus details of some new theming en England and Portugal have been revealed on the official Europa Park website:

http://www.europapark.de/page,1377,en,N ... 02006.html

I can't wait for June! :-D
robbeal

I'm glad they're getting some more theming done on the Portugal bit, as there's really not a lot done so far. What is done is spectacular as usual.

Pegasus is bound to be a good ride too, as everything invariably is at Europa. The Greek section of the park is one of the most believable areas, and hopefully this little ride'll turn out well. Plus, its opening in May/June, so it should be ready for when I go back there!
AstroDan

Astonishingly, a further new attraction is to open at Europa Park in 2006. It has been revealed that, along with the new family coaster 'Pegasus' and Interactive Football-themed dodgems, that a Waveswinger will open in the Austrian sector of the park.

Whilst the ride is nothing special, it will no doubt be themed to perfection and further soak up queue's offering great support to the parks 9 rollercoasters.
AstroDan

If anyone is interested, some construction photo's have begun to emerge of the new 'Pegasus' coaster.

Click: www.eprust.com and click on the 1st news item under the 'les news' (dated 23/3/06 - Photos en provenance du parc)

Happy looking!
Phil

Europa Park: Building Mack ride, after Mack ride, after Mack ride since 1994™

:lol:
AstroDan

Except the sky-high Silver Star! Built by that legendary company: B&M - on the on-ride photo's it says: Silver Star: B&M in association with Mack.

Mack are one of my fave coaster makers. their designs are fun fun fun all the way :-D
CGM

Europa Park: Building Mack ride, after Mack ride, after Mack ride since 1994™
That couldn't be something to do with the fact that EP is owned by Mack could it?
AstroDan

Europa Park Update:

The fansite, eprust.com has updated today with some new photo's appearing. The giant EP sphere, home of the EuroSat dark coaster has been made into a giant football! It looks pretty cool. It's all to tie in with the Fifa World Cup along with the parks new Arena of Football Dodgem ride.

The WaveSwinger is now being finalised ready for opening on 8th April. Pegasus continues to develop, more and more helixes and sweeping drops are appearing by the day.
AstroDan

Final pre-season update for Europa Park, which opens on Saturday.

New pictures of the new rides at EP have appeared, showing the completed 'Arena of Football' and 'WaveSwinger'.

The new theming in England is stunning as is the boat in Portugal.

www.eprust.com has the pictures, click on the news articles dated 06/04/06.

Stunning or what?!

I just noticed - check out the urinals! You have to urinate into goal mouths! Classic EP or what?! :W
AstroDan

(EDIT: July 2006. I have re-named this thread as a general EP thread so I can post smaller bits of EP info that don't warrant a new thread to themselves, rather than clogging up the forum with EP threads!)

http://onride.de/viewtopic.php?t=22402&1374

On the above forum thread, are some wonderful photo's of Europa Park!

If anyone hasn't been, or seen of Europa Park. go looky. The images are cracking and really sum up this great German theme park.

:W
Last edited by AstroDan on Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian

There's some great pics there, it really does look like a good quality park. When I went to Germany in March none of the parks were open which I was annoyed about!
AstroDan

Well, EP re-opened on 8th April so if you go now it'll be open! You'll have to try and get there.

Pegasus / Pégase (new coaster) opens early June.
AstroDan

Just wanted to post about this fab ride: Pics and on-ride video links below!

Park: Europa Park, near Strasbourg but in Gemany, not France.
Ride Type: Mack steel. Controlled spinning cars.
Cars: 9 Trains of 4 cars, 4 people per car. 2 forwards, 2 backwards.
Ride Length: 3215'
Ride Height: 92'
Top Speed: 49.7mph
Capacity: 1600ph
Ride Duration: 6 minutes
Ride G-Force: approx. 4 but higher if you are going backwards.
Theme: Russian Space Station, giant glass panelled towers,
Music: Dance-beat Techno recorded especially for the ride.
Opened: 1997.

I just thought i'd see if/who any of you guys have also experience this 'bizarre' but truly brilliant rollercoaster? When I first went to Europa Park in 2004 I saw the giant reflective towers and thought, woah! That looks. cool!

So it starts. and the fabulous music begins to play - they had an entire album composed (projekt euro mir) for the rides soundtrack. As you sit in trains of 4 cars, in rows of two, back to back - facing forwards or backwards, you begin to slowly move forward and spin round slowly on the track getting sprayed with a mist whilst the soundtrack penertrates your very skull.

Upon turning a corner, a short pause on some block breaks and you begin to rise up the LONG spiral lift. spinning slowly all the time. With Euro Mir, the spins are fully controlled and there are times when you stop spinning entirely. It is not random like Spinball Whizzer.

When you reach the top of the lift hill (it is inside one of the 100' glass towers) a light comes on, so you can see clearly again! You see an astronaut and some space equipment as you make your way to the top.

You emerge, to the outside! And my goodness, it's high! Nearly 90' high in fact. The ride meanders slowly around a wild-mouse style track, around the numerous glass towers which are superbly constructed. At all times, you can still here the soundtrack coming from speakers trackside. As you spin, slowly, you have already amassed nearly 4 minutes on the ride!

Eventually, after admiring the stunning views of such sights as the Matterhorn, the Acropolis, Cassandra's temple, the EuroSat boule and the Portugese castle (not forgetting the lustful B&M they have there) the cars lock in position - you are either forwards or backwards and then.

ZOOM down the 92' banked drop and up the other side at really rather high speeds, approx. 48mph! On the other side, the cars turn through 180' before you embark on the fantastic main part of the ride, through tight curves, banked drops and dark tunnels! Sitting backwards is very intense and the ride does not relent until you come to a sharp stop in the docking station once more - some 5 minutes after you began your epic voyage.

As you depart the ride, you realise that what you have just ridden is one of the most unique, and well choreographed rides that exists and you are truly elated.

What a ride and I am truly astounded that this is the sole one in operation (although a 2nd is due to be built in Asia soon I believe!)

E u R o ___ M i R :W

Pictures:

The rides overview: http://www.rcdb.com/ig972.htm?picture=4
From afar: http://www.rcdb.com/ig972.htm?picture=10
And THAT is just the theming!: http://www.rcdb.com/ig972.htm?picture=13
Close-up of the cars: http://www.rcdb.com/ig972.htm?picture=12
Video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 5497298720

09 May: I have also now completed a review for Poseidon, Europa's Water Coaster. This can also be found in the Rollercoasters forum of TTF.
Last edited by AstroDan on Wed May 10, 2006 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lozza

That sounds like a really good ride, and 6 minutes long :D cool! i've always wondered about going to Europa Park, is it worth the trip across? just looking at that ride and the description of it makes me want to go on, i love the theming!
:D
AstroDan

It certainly is worth the visit. It is my favourite European park!

Poseidon, Euro Mir and Silver Star are the best rides (Poseidon's theming is unreal) but there isn't actually a bad ride there. The music is fantastic everywhere!

However all their coasters are truly special. The Matterhorn Blitz is the wild mouse with the biggest drop on any wild mouse in the world and features a fantastical elevator lift! They have new coaster, Pegasus opening in June and the EuroSat indoor coaster. Not forgetting the Bobsleigh, Mine Train and Atlantica Super Splash!

The theming is second to none, the entry price works out at under £20 and it is one of the best days out you will ever have.

:-)