Prices ?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Anonymous

Hey , Just Been Looking On The Official Alton Site , The Ticket Prices This Season Are So High , Dont You Think , Me And My Mums Boyfriend And My Freind Will Be Going In May , And Even With Internet Prices , Its Still So Freakin High . Whos Agrees ? :-?
Lauzi

The prices are high but it's well worth it. To ride Air, Oblivion, Nemesis, Rita etc. etc.
haydn!

They are the same as last year, which to me say's they're quite reasonable as they've gone up every year in the past for as long as I can remember.

The internet rate is a good deal, and there a better ones around. There is topic somewhere pointing which outlines special offers and discounted ways to buy tickets.

Try looking there.
Wes

I must admit they have gone up a fair bit, my 1st visit back in '96 we got in for something like £7.50 with a group save, which is still cheap to todays standards.

But dont forget, this is a big theme park, they need money to run rides, pay for outgoing costs and they arn't exactly going to use their own money. I think they do try and make them reasonable enough.
Special Internet Rate - Adults (12 years and over)

£23.00
Personaly, I think thats a great deal. Nothing wrong with splashing out for a good day though is it :)

Mugz x

:D
Lozza

they are very high but there are ways around it, there are a few sites (like lastminute) which offer half price entry which works out quite cheap but as Lauzi said its worth it to ride rides such as air,nemesis,oblivion etc, remember they aren't exactly cheapt to build and maintain :D
:D
AstroDan

Precisely, prices are high - but generally theme parks are! I recently paid £30 for a day in Disneyland Park Paris (and the rides aren't as good there), even Drayton Manor is getting high. Thorpe and Chessington are both £28+ for adults on the day.

If you know when you are going to go now then i'd book at lastminute.com who are doing a £15 promotion (but it ends soon) per person. If you plan to visit before April 8th then book at the official site as it is £15 per person.

Otherwise the best bet is to pay the £23.00 per person or get a big group of 10 together and you pay the £20.70 group rate. Whatever you do, NEVER pay the £29.50 gate price! People who do that are so silly.

Don't forget, Alton Towers is one of the worlds top 10 theme parks; and the best in the United Kingdom. Since it's the UK's most famous day out it is naturally going to be quite expensive. But you do get some of the most famous rollercoaster's in the world.
Anonymous

One great price for entry to Alton Towers between 19th March and 7th April 2006

£15

http://www.buyagift.co.uk/cgi-bin/buyag ... talog/1297
AstroDan

To be fair, this topic really ought to be in the offers and discounts thread, located in Alton Towers general.
John

Get tickets from tesco - clubcard points can be used to get 1/4 price entry. Technically its free entry as clubcard doesn't cost anything - we haven't paid to get into alton towers for years.

nectar also do entry deals but are pretty rubbish:
tesco: £7.37 in vouchers - 737 points, =£737 of tesco shopping
nectar - 4000 points 2points/£ =£2000 of sainbury's shopping
Redcoat Jase

(No 'cause people are discussing How they feel about the Park Entrance Fees.lol)

I think if you're planning to visit the park around 4/5 times this year, it pays to Buy a Tussauds annual pass!

For the Price of 3 Visits to the park, You've already spent £88.50 and the Pass is only £85 which entitles you upto 52 uses of the Pass at a Tussauds Attraction, which is a bargain!
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
themeparkfreak

I think that the prices for what youre getting are quite reasonable, theres loads of discount deals you can get too.