The Future Of 'Cred Street'

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Redcoat Jase

I personally like the idea of a book shop, like the ones on Harry Potter, they seem to be quite magical but i can't help thinking that Kids don't like books shooved in there faces - It's a theme park not a school. If kids loved books sooo much Alton Towers would have converted Toyland Tours into a Library instead of spending £8,000,000 on a boat ride! :?
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Anonymous

Let's look at all the evidence. What is probable and definate to happen in Cred Street next year:

-Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. From what we can see so far, the themeing on this is much more "retro" and jazzy, if you will, than what we can see in Cred St. currently.

Driving School. Probably coming later on in the season, this looks to replace two current Cred St. rides. Should take up quite a big space towards the end and somewhat derelict area of Cred St.

-A New Show. Because Tweenies are going, it is more than probable we will see another show were they once were. Lazer Show? Falcon's Treehouse?

-New Themeing of Playgroud. The indoor playgroud thingymebob with need attention also. Whether that be new signage or a whole overhaul, something must be done.

-Jazz Cafe. Most probable (I think) is the overhaul of the only outlet in Cred street which mentions the word "Cred" - instead being called Jazz Cafe - incorporating the name for former plans of a Cred St retheme. Hmmm.

The only thing going against it is the fact it is open to the public in Winter Weekends, but then, they have to do all the above before and within next season - a retheme isn't such a collosol thing to add.
We have also had some themeing removed because of CCF, which will have a large significance in Cred Street, and they are portraying so much effort into the area this season. Surely they couldn't do all of the above and keep Cred Street how it is? All the above speaks for itself, I have full faith that Cred Street's retheme is absolutley imminent!
Anonymous

small update about Cred St with pictures.

www.towerstimes.co.uk
MostMagicalCat

what would be great is if they ripped cred street to the bare bones rebuilt it with a creepy castle look, in the same design og the towers.
would look like part off the towers and they could add some rides onto it without worrying about planning issues, keep it aimed at the ocult type storys rides baised on a made up grimm history.
Alton Towers`s pride is the towers and it would be nice if they elabarated on the towers theme.
not talking about hex clones- perhaps a walk through ride baised on vampires
or a recreation of a attack by druids(temple del fugo like), with flames, lazers and genraly top notch pyrotonics(which a.t has none, bar smoke!)
a mine ride through the secret underground cavrens,
this would realy work well with the park and bring some of that magic back.
kiddie rides should be spread around the parknot forgotton about, however this would be a great move, what do you guys think?
[
Anonymous

Attention :P! Just noticed they've removed the non-Cred street rides and all the Tweenies adorned on the website:-

http://www.altontowers.com/themepark/gu ... street.asp

Funny thing is, both Carosels are still listed? Is it gonna be in the line-up or is this just one of AT's careless website errors. Probably the latter :roll:.
Beaver Dude

Welcome to the home of the Tweenies, who perform live, interactive shows to get children feeling involved; and friendly, bouncing frogs and insects who will take you on the ride of your life.
Well they haven't actually removed the tweenies from the site yet so I don't hink they've finished updating it.