See Alton Towers From Behind The Scenes

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Jem8472

ahh bugger it I have sent them an e-mail so with any luck I might get to go, it would be a cool birthday present. Think I am going to log into my gf's e-mail account and send one on her behalf. :D
ashayling

Sent them an e-mail as soon as I found out. The response is given below and only a couple of hours after I sent it. I gives some hope to all the people who dont get picked.
Hi Ashley,

Many thanks for your e-mail and your interest in the tour!

While I realise how frustrating it must be to be so close to the minimum age
mark, I'm sure you appreciate that we do have to draw the line at some
point. However, the level of interest has been such that there will
definitely be other tours, so you won't miss out.

I will keep your details on record, but there should be enough tours to
satisfy everyone's demand, so there shouldn't be any need to prioritise your
request. I hope that helps - let me know if you have any problems or
questions, but I'm sure you won't miss out!

Best regards,

Matt
DEFINITELY more tours! Cant wait!
Hope this helps you all,
Ash.
towersdude

Oh! i'd l;ove to go on that! its my B'day on the 6th but i'll only be 15 :x

but im sure there will be more, but i couldnt get down anyway - not by myself at least
Anonymous

As I wont be able to make the 20th of march date I emailed AT asking about further dates actually in-season so I can plan a visit.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your e-mail and interest in the tour!

As yet, there are no confirmed dates - the amount of tours we run will be
very much decided by the initial level of demand and interest we receive,
both among the enthusiast community and the general public (we are planning
to advertise on the Alton Towers website towards the end of this week). I
will keep your details on file and send you a subsequent e-mail advising you
on the arrangements for booking on one of the other tours when they are
finalised.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any further problems or
questions.

Best regards,

So it looks like it could be fairly big business if they are starting advertising on the main AT website now :)

:sus:
Anonymous

what you mean they've realised people want to look behind the scenes in the park? Theres a shocker, their enthusiast base is large and im sure alot of the general public would be interested too.

Glad to see they are listening to what we want and planning more too, good on em.
Jem8472

:mrgreen: i got an e-mail today saying i have been picked! and it is on my birhtday, what a present! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and my gf has been picked as well! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ShadowTD

Ya bugger! I've just got home from work to find that I haven't.

Arse :(
Shent

[quote=""Jem8472""]:mrgreen: i got an e-mail today saying i have been picked! and it is on my birhtday, what a present! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and my gf has been picked as well! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:[/quote]

Nice one mate :D
......The one and only... :sus:
Ash

Well how do you know If you have been picked or not? I sent an email and had a reply saying they will tell me and everything If i am picked? However I have not recieved a reply saying I havent been picked?

Does no reply mean I havent been choosen?
Jem8472

I guess so I got an e-mail saying I had been picked and they would cofirm how to do the booking hopfully by the end of the week
Anonymous

I got an email saying I didnt get into it, I just sent the original just to see if there was more tours, never wanted to actually go this time around.

So I think they must have sent the emails out today?

:sus:
sammie04

Wow I wish I could go but I'm too young :cry: . Oh Jem you got picked yay I hope you have lots of fun and remember to get some good pictures :D .
Ash

Well has everyone who entered has a message back saying wether they have or have not being choosen?
Kaz

Dear all,

Congratulations - you have been drawn out of the hat to fill one of the places on our first-ever "Behind-The-Scenes Tour"! We look forward to seeing you on March 11th, and you should be aiming to arrive here no later than 9:45am.

We are currently in the process of finalising some details on our ticketing system so I am unable to give you details of how to book just yet - hopefully that will follow before the weekend.

Please note that, as originally detailed, tickets will be restricted to 1 per person; and there is an age limit of 16 on the tour. If either of these things mean that you will be unable to take up the place that's been reserved for you, please let me know ASAP.

Best regards,

Matt Martin

& The Alton Towers Behind-The-Scenes Tour Team

Opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual, not the company unless specifically indicated to that effect. This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient we apologise for any inconvenience. Please return to the sender. Any use or copying is strictly prohibited.

Nice one AT!
Jem8472

indeed nice one AT :mrgreen:
leighar

Just got back home and had a loverly surprise

I have been picked :D
Jem8472

I know I got up about 2:30pm switched on my computer and checked my e-mail, great way to start my day. Just got to go into work tonight and nicely ask my team leader if I can have that day off 8) maybe I should take him a present as a bribe
Dan K

Congratulations to all those picked. :) I'm told 128 people applied in total.
barryzola

I e-mailed them, did'nt get a confirmation e-mail, did'nt get e-mailed today. Im pretty p****d off to be fair.
Jem8472

I did not actually get the conformation e-mail. But I got the one that counts :D