Alton Towers 2006! Taken from Dan ATA

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Anonymous

Just one thing Dan...

where have i mentioned DIC in any of my posts as its confusing me where i have/if i have/when i have.

I have mentioned everything pre end of 2004 season (financially), i havent even started on TT and Project Dolphin. Maybe scratched the top of it but maybe have a chat with JP last friday has opened my eyes a little more in to stratages. Hence, Team Blue. How would i have known that if I hadnt got it from JP personally?
Dave

DIC are aparently going to invest a huge amount in the preservation of the towers themselves.... wether this will afect the amount of cash availible for aother areas of the park or not, i dont know
jpecool

I think plans will/have changed slightly/significantly due to the financial backing of DIC! Alton may have already had these plans in the works, but with more money, they may have decided to change them. I dont think we will see anything really big for 2006. I think 2007 is going to bring a long project dolphin, and 2006 is just the retheme of cred street. :D

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
Bailey

hmmm this is all confusing, i still think that 2006 will see something quite major for a certain area!
phillipvass

I think that also Bailey! I think Cred Street will be seeing much more than just Willie Wonka and his factory :)
Anonymous

i disagree, i think 2006 will see the revamp of TT and thats it.

I have no backing to this I just feel that with the park having new investers and the varying season profits and the court case they will be hesitant to spend too much next season. Maybe Im just skeptical.

Id love to see a huge development next season but i just dont think we'll get it.
a.ndy

[quote=""oldgitBEN""] i disagree, i think 2006 will see the revamp of TT and thats it.

I have no backing to this I just feel that with the park having new investers and the varying season profits and the court case they will be hesitant to spend too much next season. Maybe Im just skeptical.

Id love to see a huge development next season but i just dont think we'll get it.
[/quote]

I would probably have to agree with you there oldgitBEN. As much as i don't want to think so myself. Even though, saying that, the theatre will more than likely be empty unless for some reason either, 1. The Tweenies stay 2. Another show is put in - maybe even Henry now! or 3. Something new is done with the building...
Otherwise, Cred will seem even more bair :sadblink:
Adam

i doubt the tweenies will stay as their contract ends later this year, and it wouldnt make sense to have them back for one year only. i think it will get a new show and a re-theme to match the new dark ride next door, becuase didnt somewhere say the new entrence to the ride will be next to the theatre? and then i can see the rest of cred st. getting the re-theme for 2007 along with a major ride. im thinking water... :) (im not saying this ride will be in cred st. mind)
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Anonymous

if we are going on the theory we will see a modified jazz land area occur I believe the entrance to the toyland tours buliding was in the same location.
Phil

I seem to remember kitty saying that there are new buildings behind Cred Street.

Sorry to burst anyones bubble, but there are no new buildings in the cred street area.

Cred street arial pic - 2005
Cred street arial pic - 2001

So no new buildings in that area for 4 years... The white buildings are the tussuads studios and staff quarters.
Last edited by Phil on Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doom+sons1988

So new buildings in that area for 4 years... The white buildings are the tussuads studios and staff quarters.
Tussauds Studios must have really downsized but I see your point.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Liam

[quote=""Phil""]Cred street arial pic - 2005
[/quote]
Wow! Nice find Phil, first up to date ariel shot i've seen in a long time.
Looks like any structural work hasn't commenced yet then.

EDIT: Urmm i mean nice find Tiger2000, but anyway its still a really good pic :clap:
Javs

It has been talked about that a new water ride is needed at the Towers. Now this may be it. I know that this is going to be aimed at younger riders, but I think that it is feasable that we will see the Jazzland development on this ride go ahead.....i.e. an extension to the track with a splash down.
ashhew1985

Maybe were going to see a lot of changes this year. maybe cred St and other parts of the park are going to change.

When that guy took over Chelsea Fc the face of that football club changed completely they went from spending 15million on players to 100million over the space of a year.

The same could now happen to alton towers, i have no idear how much money DIC have but if its loads they may just treat AT like a real game of roller coaster tycoon. Maybe the face of this theme park could change
Blackhole R.I.P
MostMagicalCat

can`t see them getting rid of the tweenies theatre, its a great arena for at, personly i think an indoor carnival area could be renivated into this area, would be nice at least 6 rides, could take from other parts of park to free up space for new rides
[
bazzatuk

Just so you know, Quantum Leap wasn't a 70's TV show, it actually ran from 1989-1993.. Don't believe me have a look at http://imdb.com/title/tt0096684/
xbullet-theoryx

[quote=""mostmagicalcat""]can`t see them getting rid of the tweenies theatre, its a great arena for at, personly i think an indoor carnival area could be renivated into this area, would be nice at least 6 rides, could take from other parts of park to free up space for new rides[/quote]

I think that might be a bit too tacky for Alton's liking, although they did tack up the HH to the max!
It's a theme park though, not really amusement.
Smile Like You Mean It......