Thorpe Park - Stealth

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
RCTFAN

Burn.e i think your're funny.

You are saying all of these remarks as if you know what you are talking about and yet you are 13?

you said in your last post that there is no way that a rollercoaster concept, paperwork,etc,etc cannot be done in one year. Well RITA happened and that took just over a year?!?!

as for the whole intamin launched coasters. i don't even understand what you are trying to say? if you mean the layout then yes the track is different. I don't know how that relates to N:I unless your comparing the link between Nemesis and N:I when there was that debate.....

every opinion counts on this board and i am not here to slag you off. I am saying that most of your posts are to disagree with someone just to protect Alton. Alton isn't the best theme aprk in some peoples views so don't try changing them!

grow up and argue with respect to other peoples views not just your own.
Anonymous

Bloody hell. One negative comment towards Thorpe and I get slaughtered :roll:.

:firebounce:
Anonymous

[quote=""Burn.e""]Bloody hell. One negative comment towards Thorpe and I get slaughtered :roll:.

:firebounce:[/quote]

I think you will find that it is more than one mate...
Anonymous

The ''exhaust pipe'' you see is actually part of the Tussauds Studios building in the background.

Please, there is no need to compare theming or even rides. Both coasters are being built and designed by a team who have worked together, jointly, brainstorming thoughts and ideas across the two parks!
Beaver Dude

timmy1372

This construction is flying along :D

I for one dont care which park is better, Thorpe is a 2 hour drive and Alton is 3 so i go to both regularly, I never used to go to Thorpe until there rapid investement from 2002 onwards and i am very happy that Thorpe is now worth visiting aswell as Alton, I love both.

AT have features which are better than Thorpes and vice versa, for instance.
AT still have the upper hand on Coasters compared to thorpe but
Thorpe have a much better selection of flat rides.

Why have one when you can have both parks :D

All rides are what the individual parks can do with there available space, money and planning restrictions, Rita is what Alton could do with what was available and Stealth will be what Thorpe can do with theres.

Thorpes continued transformation from a joke to a real player is incredible if you look at the time frame its happened in, AT is quite rightly a fantastic park and this is partly due to how long it has been devoloping with being a world class theme park in mind, it was not that long ago that Thorpe was run by ready mix concrete with a very very limited budget.

Like other people have said, the parks have the same owners the Nemesis and Nemesis Inferno thing is a perfect example, its not really copying they are an extension of each other, designed so you can and hopefully visit both, the original nemesis is unique and superb, Thorpes is also unique with its tunnel before the lift hill.

If circumstances had been slighlty different Rita would not have appeared so early (such a late planning means they were after something else like a wooden coaster), this change of plan meant Rita appeared before Stealth rather than after and we could be saying Rita copied Thorpe.

I am excited about Stealth and Slammer and Rush were good additions this year, Rita was a good addition for AT and the future of AT is very exciting also although we know much less about what they are going to do, the X sector has a huge question mark over it with the loss of black hole and the "noisy" Oblivion there.

I only ever visited Alton up until a few years ago, now i visit both parks which is fantastic, they are both different experiences for me.

I reckon Stealth will be great, it may be similar to kingda ka but how often can you visit the USA and how often do the USA just make the biggest because they can rather than the best version.

The verdict will be in when its built, just becuase its not the biggest does not mean it wont deliver the goods.

As for themeing i think Stealth will fit much better into its area in Amity Cove than Rita does in Ugland, copy or no copy it will look better in that area of Thorpe than in AT, Dinosaurs and racing, ok :roll:
Williscroft

timmy1372, I dont think Rita was such a quick installment as people think. Most coasters take about 18 months, from planning at the very start till when its finished. Its not just like they said at the summer of 2004 "well were not going to get this woodie so lets have something else, i know lets put a launch coaster in Ug-Land" it would of taken months of planning. As for the theme i think its worked very well and its now my favorite area of the park, Dinosaurs and racing, its not tryin to say anything about dinosaurs are taking part in the race or anything like that so i dont think thats a problem, its just ment to be a rally that happens to be taking place in a place called Ug-Land :D
jpecool

I like that theme, its extremely different, weird and quirky. Out of this world if you ask me, and thats why you go to a park, to go out of this world and have fun. :D And ride lots of coasters :D

Anyway, its god that track has arrived now. I just cant wait to see it being contructed now. How awesome will it be to watch this rise up over the thorpe park skyline. :D

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
Adz
Admin
Admin

http://www.thorpepark.com/

ooooh crap, look at the poll. awful names.
Anonymous

Great names :lol: .They cant name a great coasterr with any one of them names they are terrible. If i had to pick one it would be the edge but i hope it gets called the humdinger :razz:

:sus:
Adz
Admin
Admin

I've been told however that it's a joke. So stand by for Thorpe Park to pull a few tricks. Tussauds afterall have a good sense of humour this year.
Anonymous

They couldnt have come up with worse names. Wasn't it on the plans the name "Firestone". Good joke though. I still wouldn't mind for it to be called humdinger though :lol: .
"Daddy can i go ride the humdinger please?"

Anonymous

I voted for The Humdinger as well. It's gotta be a joke! Tussauds are usually quite good with their ride names! :D
Phil

[quote=""Burn.e""]You can't come up with a coaster concept, do all the paper work, ring up the constructer and get the coaster open all in less than 1 year, no way.[/quote]

They just have done!
But the tyre was not originally planned. I discinctly remember seeing plans for a cool, flag type entrance... they have obviously changed that as of late
Yeah, the original theming landscapes were altered to the newer ones, which can be seen on the fansites.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Everyone vote for Humdinger multiple times

If its going to be crap and this isn't a joke.. lets make Tussauds name there biggest coaster ever Humdinger!
Phil

It seems they are aiming to have the track erected before the beginning of december as 'coverage of the car-pull through' will be shown on thopres site at the end of november! At least this will leave plenty of time for the theming to be spot on!
Adz
Admin
Admin

Even quicker than that Phil. Tophat will take 5 weeks to erect.
Tom M

Oh no! Looks like votings closed, Well its not on the homepage anymore!
Anonymous

They must have realised that theres a lot of people voting for humdinger :lol: . Unless that have the name for it now :?. Im not a big fan of thorpe but i hope they dont name it something terrible it would wreck what looks like a great coaster :).

Adz
Admin
Admin

Just to confirm, that poll was a joke and the name wasn't any of those mentioned.

:P