My first memory of Alton Towers

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Samsky

I think the first time I went was when i was about 3 so that would be 1988.My godmother took me,my mum and 2 other kids who were her friends children.

I remember going on the teacups,the catterpillar in the apple,the swans and Around the world in 80 days.

My mum (who doesnt do rides) went on the Octopus with the lad who came with us.Neither of them had ridden it before and she ended up squashing the poor kids leg.

I also remember going in the ball pool and i sunk under.My mum was trying to tell the other kids I was with to pull me up but they didnt know what she was saying so she had to come in and rescue me. :oops:
You say that everything sounds the same,then you go buy them.There\'s no excuses my friend.Let\'s push things forward.
Air Crazy !!!!

the only thing i seem to remember going on my first time was not being tall enough for oblivion :roll:
Shadowrider

I was about 4 and I remember standing by the River Rapids channel, watching my Aunt scoot down on a boat. And I remember eating sandwiches on the Swans.
Me? Adrenaline junkie? Never *whistles and stares at ceiling*

*Wills Black Hole to return...*
plasticboy

I remember being upset in Forbidden Valley, because my dad was going on all the rides and i wasnt tall enough!
Anonymous

i remember sliding down a slide,and then falling,and loads of people around were laughing at me.
worst thing is,my mum actually taped it,and showed it to my boyfriend :o
Anonymous

I remember that it was raining the first time I went there and I was around 6 or 7 years old. I first went on Doodle Doo Derby. I saw the Peter Rabbit and Friends ice skating show. Can't remember anything else.
MikeB

I first went to AT when i was 12 or 13, i can only remember 3 things from then. The cadbury house, riding the swan boats and riding the thunder looper. The thunder looper was my first proper coaster and i went on it with my mum. ill never forget the feeling of going upside down for the first time!!
madmanwill

my earliest memory of alton towers is buying chips from a stand that overlooked a rollercoaster (thunderlooper i think) i think these were mccain chips
themeparkdude

Errr, going on the Runnaway Mine Train when I was about 6 I think, and my eleven year old cousing didn't want to go on it! :P
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

stokywolf

chocolate house. Pretty blan but thats it, 2nd time i went towers i was 9 and i remember watching Big Ride with big dark hole :lol: and some dodgy entertainers in UGland. :lol:
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Josh

I remember riding the mini apple, i loved that ride
I cant remember how long ago that was, but it was before 1997(obviously)
so i was probably like 6 or 7.
I also remember the cadbury house, and how i used to love it when my parents gave me some money and i used to run in and buy everything i could for two pound
I also remember being in the fun club(i think it was called) and my parents frantically trying to find some other parents for me to get in so i could get in at half price.
Anonymous

[Link removed]
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

my earlyest memories form alton are

:arrow: getting soaked by the rain and being misserable all day.
:arrow: going on Around the World in 80 days
:arrow: seeing parts of the track of Nemisis laid out on the car park
Dave

my earlyest memories form alton are

:arrow: getting soaked by the rain and being misserable all day.
:arrow: going on Around the World in 80 days
:arrow: seeing parts of the track of Nemisis laid out on the car park
bond231

Well the first time i went there was actually last year. I remeber waking up like two days before going and being really excited. I remeber getting on the monorail and i was like wow and stuff it was good!
Wes

My first time was back in 1997 (doesn't seem long ago, but looking at it, it was 8 years ago!) and me and my dad went up on a coach trip with where he worked at the time (pirate fm) and we got on the coach at midnight, but it had serveral punchers and leaky fuel tank :)

Any wayz when we got there I remeber being too scared to go on the Haunted House and loving the river rapids! And I have been every year (except 2000) since :P !
warriorman

First memories include
driving along country roads wondering if i had taken a wrong turn because i couldnt believe a major tourist attraction could have such minor roads leading to it.

Plucking up the courage to go on Nemesis with my son ( bout 12 at the time) and watching as it whizzed over our head and someones shoe went flying past our ears. We just looked at each other and decided to chicken out. He was young so at least I could use him as an excuse for not going on, lol :P

Standing at the hole in Oblivion and watching in amazement as the carriages went in, whoarrr still love it now
Newby Coaster lovers ride count

Rita =4 (1 in front)
Oblivion=1
Nemesis=2
Air =2
Ripsaw =2
abbylei

I must have been 5 and my only memories are not getting wet on the rapids while everyone around me got soaked and a bat falling down on my mom while on the train in the haunted house :lol:
$t£v£

seeing parts of the track of Nemisis laid out on the car park
Got any pictures of that?
$t£v£, formerly Mr Writer.
Dom1991

I think I was about 4, I remember my Sis going on Nemmy with an old friend I was obviously to short and my Dad wasn't as brave as he is now. The strange thing is, the image that comes into my mind from then of Nemmy looks nothing like Nemmy today for some reason. It could just be me imagining things.