General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
the_j

just received a mail shot email promoting rita and the new advert
Williscroft

Yer i got that aswell. Rita is now the Uks number one ride :D and has nudged Nemesis off the top spot which has been there for more than a decade :)
Ketchup

^ I don't know about that, i'm yet to ride it however but to me it looks like a launch with a few helixes and an air time hill here and there, nothing compared to the awesome Nemesis with it's brilliant theming and terrain tied track.

It's not exactly as important to the UK coaster industry as Nemesis was either.
SW-Dave

Rita has identical acelaration to a formula 1 car.

Looks alot faster tho
Anonymous

www.riderita.com

click on video then new advert.

A lot better than the old one! Well done AT!

Falcon... :D
Anonymous

[quote=""SW-Dave""]Rita has identical acelaration to a formula 1 car.

Looks alot faster tho[/quote]

Well It's extremely different being in the enclosure and big chair of a ferrari, and being completely exposed in the open!

And it really is faster than it looks. I'm sure it's faster that 60mph... I have to nerve to say the launch is better than Xcelerator's (0-82mph in 2.3 secs). Yep, I found it as fast, and more enjoyable than that accerlation.

Call me crazy :google:

:firebounce:
phil2k4

And it really is faster than it looks. I'm sure it's faster that 60mph... I have to nerve to say the launch is better than Xcelerator's (0-82mph in 2.3 secs). Yep, I found it as fast, and more enjoyable than that accerlation.

Call me crazy
you are crazy. if they advertise the ride as going 60mph, the ride goes at 60mph. why advertise a ride as slower than it actually is. they would gain no advantage from that
fanm

The adverts only tout it as 'better than Nemesis' because guest polls at the park reveal that Rita has nudged Nemesis off the top spot. As 'First Drop' says "hopefully this injustice will be soon put right"
Argh! REVISION
Anonymous

I am going to Alton Towers with a group of 90 teenagers tomorrow :D really excited even though it's my 6th time going to the park (another 212 mile trek on a boring, lifeless bus) Most looking forward to going on to 'Rita-Queen of Speed' for the first time even though my mates are critics of it. Anyone got any good info about the ride and can anyone confirm whether the launch speed is 100 KMH or 100MPH? Because websites are getting the two mixed up and altontowers.com doesn't say either!! Hope everyone who visits the park has a good time and the weather turns out for the best and remember *beer2* lol! Go :scotland: !!

Reply if you like to.

Greg

EDIT: Text Language...can you refrain from using this please, as some member find it hard to understand. :) Thanks - Kaycee x
Vik

Hi welcome to the forum, its 100kph (62mph!!) hope that helps.

Also just watch the text speak, its hard to unerstand, cheers :wink:
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Stefan

Just thourght I'd let you know that there is a on-ride photo of Micheal Owen and hios wife On Rita in Today's Daily Star. Its on Page 34
madmanwill

well i have ridden rita :P and i think that rita is amazing it doesnt look as fast as it feels though watch out for the ride ops that seem to take pleasure in shoving the OTSR down even further when they are allready locked and comfortable :x

ww

x
Binternet1985

What hapened to the smoke that was supposed to come out with the launch. Was it just not working when I was there, or is it doing an oblivion?
Adam

i think because the smoke is water based and it was making something get wet/moist and i think this is why its currently not being used...
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
kalvaza

I wonder why the acceleration feels so fast. A supercharged Aeiral Atom or possibly the new Caterham 7 CSR260 would do the same acceleration but they wouldn't make you close your eyes in fear/excitement or scream or anything. Unless, of course, you see a car as a means of transport and nothing else (eg Tony Blair) and would scream in an accelerating Kia Picanto. :P
I wonder if the harnesses or something have been specifically designed to make you feel as if you're going faster. The ride doesn't seem that fast at a distance IMO. :?
Adz
Admin
Admin

What hapened to the smoke that was supposed to come out with the launch. Was it just not working when I was there, or is it doing an oblivion?
It blocked the view from the op cabin of the 2nd train approaching the loading station. so was turned off.
Rita 2005

[quote=""Adz-TTR""]
It blocked the view from the op cabin of the 2nd train approaching the loading station. so was turned off.[/quote]No, it is missing because of technical problems with the actual smoke system. It will be back when these have been resolved.
Williscroft

Rita 2005, I herd that it was leaving a wet substance behind on the station track (as smoke machines do) and this was causing problems. Is that what technical problems there having or is it something different. :?:
Rita 2005

As far as I'm aware the problems are with the smoke system itself and not its effect on other ride systems.
bond231

[quote=""kalvaza""]I wonder why the acceleration feels so fast. A supercharged Aeiral Atom or possibly the new Caterham 7 CSR260 would do the same acceleration but they wouldn't make you close your eyes in fear/excitement or scream or anything. :?[/quote]

i think its because you can feel the wind in your face!