Six Flags Magic Mountain

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Anonymous

The rumour of a 500ft tall coaster located at SFMM is here.

Pictures:

http://coasterrealm.com/template.php?pa ... e=06042005

This would have to reach speeds of around 140-170mph

[quote=""Screamscape""]2006 - New Coaster or Rides - Rumor - (6/9/05) Some new land clearing has been spotted in the park in a strange place... the Samurai Summit oriental garden area with the large buddah statue. They appear to be removing the plants from here at this point in time for something. You can see photos at CoasterRealm.
(6/1/05) At this point I’m not sure I buy this rumor yet myself. While I think the idea is something likely tossed around, I just can’t see it happening quite yet... at least not in 2006. In any case, one of our spies reports that not only is SFMM looking into how they could buy an even bigger version of Kingda Ka, but this one will be the mother of all record breakers, possibly standing 500 feet tall and obviously this would also shatter the speed record as well. But with all the technical problems on these Rocket coasters, I’m not sure if something this large is even possible just yet, or at least cost feasible.
(2/16/05) The early rumors at this point indicate that the park is planning on adding another big coaster to the park for the 2006 season. No details are available at this point[/quote]

What do you think?
Anonymous

I think YES.

THANK YOU california for being the US continent I'll visit most. I'll say my next visit after this Sept will be 2009.

BRING IT ON YEEESSSS. Ey Con... this cement SFMM as your best park? :wink:
Ketchup

To bad that it's very unlikely to be true after Six Flags problems with Intamin after Kinda Krap (Kingda Ka)
project?

s&s power had plans to go 500+
buggy

no, i'd rather see it in blackpool (cause its closer)

though if they get a 500ft coaster, and blackpool still want the record, what will we get :shock:
Anonymous

If what bone shaker in black hole said is true then I can definatley see S&S doing this one!

And there hsa to be a limit. If the rumour is true Blackpool can wish they're plans goodbye as it's gonna take new technology to saftley top this record... unless they go 1 inch taller and 1 mile faster. Yep, that's probably what they'll do :roll:

In any case, we're looking at another world class coaster from IMO the best Six Flags park, and it looks to have some scenery this time also. Great!

:firebounce:
buggy

maybe thats why PBBs coaster has been pushed back to 2010?
Philman

Sorry but this is all just wild speculation folks... so i wouldnt get your hopes up at all, as you all seem to be acting like constructions starting tomorrow! I mean its a bit of clearing...
What a fad.
bond231

well the limit is almost being reached, the human body can only stand so much and with the unreliability of these rides i don't see why parks still insist in having them just to break records!
buggy

[quote=""bond231""]well the limit is almost being reached, the human body can only stand so much and with the unreliability of these rides i don't see why parks still insist in having them just to break records![/quote]

a record breaker attracts people from all over the world. A launch coaster is a great experiance, its like so many parks have runaway mine trains, thats what people like.

Looking at those pictures, how do we know there not just maintaining or adding things to the gardens :p
bond231

i know it attracts people but they are so unreliable that they make people get bad impressions of the whole park! and especially with bigger launched costers the break downs can be very dangerous.
jpecool

Wait a minute, like philman said, this is only speculation. Remember last year SFMM were apparently getting rid of the Superman the escape ride, extending the tower and using it for the worlds first fish hook coaster originally planned for the stratosphere! Where the hell did them plans go???? You cant take anything as true until constrution begins.

Im actually hoping for the fish hook coaster, i want to see something different, even though it did look a bit crap. :P

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
phil2k4

Im actually hoping for the fish hook coaster
what is a fish hook coaster?
Steighvo

what i dont understand is why do they have to be so similar. they all shoot off down the track go straight up over the top hat and back down. fair enough Kingda Ka has that massive air time hill but like couldnt they revamp this very tiring layout. its only been out seems TTD and already it seems to be getting old? :oops:
Touch my beans... said the man!
Ketchup

[quote=""phil2k4""]
Im actually hoping for the fish hook coaster
what is a fish hook coaster?[/quote]

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/ ... 45904.html

A 740 ft tall shuttle coaster off a skyscraper, sounds intense don't you think!
Anonymous

[quote=""46m_frumheaven""]what i dont understand is why do they have to be so similar. they all shoot off down the track go straight up over the top hat and back down. fair enough Kingda Ka has that massive air time hill but like couldnt they revamp this very tiring layout. its only been out seems TTD and already it seems to be getting old? :oops:[/quote]

I totally agree. Whatever happenned to originality? Whether its 200 or 500 feet - it's basically the same ride. For God's sake make it go inside the top hat so its more of a loop, or have a series of decreasing top hats and call it Lock Ness - or in fact anything different at all!

Much as I'm looking forward to Stealth and much as these rides are undoubtedly excellent, I can't help but feel the same amount of money could have been used to build something original at Thorpe (B&M Floorless anyone?), rather than yet another launched top hat.

Oh and Ketchup - what's Jimmy Saville doing in that fish hook photo?

:wink:
Ketchup

[quote=""marky.com""]Oh and Ketchup - what's Jimmy Saville doing in that fish hook photo?[/quote]

Whose Jimmy Saville? ... Seriously!
Anonymous

[quote=""Ketchup""][quote=""marky.com""]Oh and Ketchup - what's Jimmy Saville doing in that fish hook photo?[/quote]

Whose Jimmy Saville? ... Seriously![/quote]

He presented 'Jim'll Fix It' in the eighties and is a bit of an oddball. His show famously featured kids eating and drinking on Blackpool's Revolution.
jpecool

Which blue peter then copied on the rita coverage!!!! :lol:

Thanks for finding the picture ketchup, i wasnt sure where it was. There were alot of rumours about SFMM getting one of these after the Stratosphere in Las vegas were told they would not be allowed one. Werent they proposing it to drop 750 down the tower vertically, and then cross las vegas boulevard????? Would have been impressive, but kind of weird to look at.

Im not sure if i would like SFMM to get one.I would prefer it to another launched BUT the thing is this looks kind of a boring concept too. I know dropping that distance isnt boring, but after that drop thats all you have goot to look forward too. Now thinking about it, this coaster would cost a hell of alot, so would the launched Intamin rocket, so why dont SFMM spend their extravagant amounts of money on something eye catching, yet more exciting and original from the designs we have been seeing lately.

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
G-Force

I can comfirm it is a B&m coaster from a member of staff iniside the park, who has seen the plans, But im not aloud to say wat type
R U Ready TO Experiance The Force Of The G