Cedar Point

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Rory

Has anyone been to Cedar Point ?? If so what I need to know is how you got there (not directions from airport) but in terms of planes. I can only find a journey that would mean goin from from london to new jersey and then new jersey to ohio and the same to come back to london. The plane flights in total would cost £500 odd. That is a lot of money and with that I could just go to NJ for Six Flags Great Adventure to ride Kingda Ka and spend the difference on tickets and hotels.

Just wondering if anybody has found direct flights to Ohio at a reasonable price or found tickets much cheaper than me

cheers
rary :D
Renegade

I havent found anything but to go direct is probably going to be more then going via, im going to florida this year and we went to the travel agents and they said a direct flight was in the 700s or somet like that might of been 600, but if we went via atlanta it was about 400 each! Is very strange how it works.

http://www.northamericatravelservice.co.uk/home.html thats the travel agents were using there very good, you should contact them :) and ask for details on prices :)
Rory

[quote=""..Nemesis..""]I havent found anything but to go direct is probably going to be more then going via, im going to florida this year and we went to the travel agents and they said a direct flight was in the 700s or somet like that might of been 600, but if we went via atlanta it was about 400 each! Is very strange how it works.

http://www.northamericatravelservice.co.uk/home.html thats the travel agents were using there very good, you should contact them :) and ask for details on prices :)[/quote]

your getting ripped off if that is price of the flights only.
ba, continental and virgin all do flights to orlando for £300
rctneil

Hi,
My family and I are going to Ohio in the summer to go to Cedar Point. Cannot wait!

Thanks

Neil
Renegade

Im Not sure how much it actually is but we do know that Virgin cost around £700 for a direct flight,£300-£400 im not sure how much it is somet round them to figures i think i dont get invloved i just take the hol :tongue:
Phil

Yo rary.

I'm going to Ohio on 1st-5th september. We are going from Manchester to Chicago, then Chicago to Cleveland. Then it's a short drive to Ohio. This was the best route possible, after alot of searching! Flights direct to Ohio from a UK airport are non-exsistent, you will have to change at some point! The flights were with BMI and were 300 quid each (but we got a discount cos' my sis works for BMI!) We have bits of info on hotels, car rentals, roads, maps and stuff for the Ohio area if you need them. Hope that helps! :D
Rory

Cool phil !! I have found flights from london to New Jersey --> Cinncinati, but they are £500 will look at BMI now
Phil

Yeah, that's another possible route. I think most routes go to the east coast of the US (NY, NJ, Chicago, Philly etc.) then connect to further in-land.

September time is the best time to go aswell, if at all possible, as the yanks are back at school (they break up earlier than us but go back earlirer too!!) :)
Williscroft

After not even a year of operation Thorpe Parks new attraction "Rush" is to be betten by Cedar Point in 2006. They are currently constructing the same type of ride but this will take the record of the worlds largest swing. The ride is to be called Skyhawk which i think fits the ride perfectaly.

You can read about it and watch construction of the ride here: http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/inside ... /index.cfm

What do you guys think :?: :D
symone

Wow that is gonna be one heck of a ride, i think skyhawk is a lame name though, ok so hawks fly and they are in the sky but really skyhawk makes me think of a really old plane from the war!LOL

Cool ride though
CGM

Nothing wrong with really old planes from the war, The Spitfire is cool!

That would make an intresting themed ride, it could be called Dogfight
Anonymous

I don't think it will be any better than Rush at all - just a slightly bigger version of the same thing.

Great name though.
The_Storyteller

I still prefer Rush's Paintjob

I\'m here to kick backside and chew fruit pastilles, and guess what, I\'m out of fruit pastilles...

X_da_C

Theres a video of it on the website I belive, looks quite good. Remdinds me a bit of Kingda Ka, in the way that it was just slightly higher and slightly faster than Top Thrill Dragster.
AstroDan

I don't see how it'll be any better than Rush. American park's often seem to think bigger = better but that is not always the case, although it often can be too.
spinwhizzer

Well I think if it bigger, it has to be better really.
Anonymous

I think Adz told me about this a couple of months back. It's not a really exciting record, but it's a record and it doesn't surprise me that the Americans want to take it.

I think it will be a better ride. If it's higher you're going to need more power to get that high, you're going to fall back further and pick up more speed etc.

Gaaah, why have they always got to condemn our rides to be the small versions.
Nutty dreadz

There are direct flights to Cleveland with Continental Airlines.I think they only fly direct on either certain days, or certain months, but I am going in October, and I'm flying direct with them.
Williscroft

Keep an eye on the web cam thats in the link i gave in the first post. Right now they are lifting the first tower into place so id say we will see quite a chnage in the area very soon. Keep checking the web cam :)
G-Force

Photos

Ill take more screenshots later.

UPDATE:
Base of Both Towers Now Complete - Ready For Vertical Construction.

UPDATE: Final 2 Pictures of Tonight - As the workers Head Off Home.

If you want you can use these pictures on sites / forums
Last edited by G-Force on Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R U Ready TO Experiance The Force Of The G