General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
bigblade40

FINALLY went on rita yesterday!
WOW, what a ride!
Queued for 45mins first thing and then went on again later.
I was expecting the launch to be like rockin roller coaster in disney but it is much faster than that.
Its a short ride though.
bigblade40
jpecool

Hmmm 45mins hey!!!! Im going on Friday and we are aiming to be at the park as soon as we can, even before the rides open. But that mean si will have to set off at like 7:00 or 7:30 from here. :x Anyway the queues dont sound too bad, i mean compared to other queues for Altons new rides. Remember when Air was new and it had 3 hour queues!!!!!!And it still has very long queues now.
I was expecting the launch to be like rockin roller coaster in disney but it is much faster than that.
Well thats good news, the rocking roller coaster launch is supposed to be good, so YAY!!!!!!! :D

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
a.ndy

Glad to see the second train is now running finally :D
Makes the throughpull that bit better, even though the average day queue time is around an hour.
What a ride though! :D

and am i glad the early rumours of a "Thunderloop" style loop on the launch never came about!!! :| :lol:
Roose

WeNt on Rita Yesterday was much better than i thought it would be. They had some problems with the timing of the lights and sounds yesterday morning.
bigblade40

yeah they did, its a shame the smoke effect didnt stay, plus there is a light bulb out already
bigblade40
madmanwill

yeah they did, its a shame the smoke effect didnt stay, plus there is a light bulb out already
what isnt the smoke working :?:
Rita_05

Im goin 2moro can't wait hope it'll be good, know it will though
latest alton trip (2nd april 2006) went on:
Rita: 2 nemesis: 1 Air: 2 Oblivion: 4 Spinball: 1 Corkscrew: 1 Ripsaw: 1
Anonymous

WOW, what a ride! I was expecting the launch to be like rockin roller coaster in disney but it is much faster than that.
was much better than i thought it would be.
I have to say I was really impressed!!
however second time ... sat at the front ... woahhhhhhhhhhh **** me what a ride, its such a better ride at the front...truly amazing
Just a few quotes fro the previous two pages..... glad that it is exceeding most peoples expectations!
bigblade40

what isnt the smoke working
the smoke wasn't on yesterday :D
bigblade40
Josh

[quote=""bigblade40""]FINALLY went on rita yesterday!
WOW, what a ride!
Queued for 45mins first thing and then went on again later.
Its a short ride though.[/quote]
I went on monday aswell, it was a really quiet day, and i got straight up to ugland and waited outside ritas entrance for 30mins and then about 10mins to get on the ride when the que opened, i then went on it again at the end of the day and it was a 45 minute que.
Rita is amazing, and i love it, the launch is just the best!
samurai

Went to Alton Towers today and got on Rita first thing - after an hour and three quarters of queuing.

They kept having technical problems with one of the trains' restraints not opening properly. The smoke effect wasn't working and the lights didn't work properly either - one of the red ones is out already.

Was impressed with the feeling Rita gives but I wasn't overwhelemed by the ride as a whole. Don't get me wrong it's a brilliant ride and will be classed as one of the greats, but it just leaves you feeling like 'Was that all?'.
Gashead

[quote=""samurai""]Was impressed with the feeling Rita gives but I wasn't overwhelemed by the ride as a whole. Don't get me wrong it's a brilliant ride and will be classed as one of the greats, but it just leaves you feeling like 'Was that all?'.[/quote]

Thats exactly how i felt...until i went front row :lol:
samurai

[quote=""Gashead""][quote=""samurai""]Was impressed with the feeling Rita gives but I wasn't overwhelemed by the ride as a whole. Don't get me wrong it's a brilliant ride and will be classed as one of the greats, but it just leaves you feeling like 'Was that all?'.[/quote]

Thats exactly how i felt...until i went front row :lol: [/quote]

Cool - maybe I'll try that next time!! Would have done today but with it constantly breaking down thought it was best to opt for the quicker option! Besides which I was with 3 other people today anyway, so couldn't have gone front row without ditching at least half of them!
Anonymous

I went today, didnt bother queing up in the morning as it kept having technical problems as samurai said, went on oblivion and that broke down (as usual) but got an exit pass which we used twice so wasnt that bad :clap:
Went on Rita later and qued up for about 15mins, the launch is amazing! I feel they havent really 'tried' with rita, its completely out of place and theres no theming in the que what so ever, its a good ride though
richardlerwill3

Camilla - Queen of Speed :P....weird

http://www.brandrepublic.com/bulletins/ ... l-wedding/
Bailey

they were testing some smoke when i was on RITA which was about 5:30, it choked everyone on the station and the launch platform! :P
madmanwill

[quote=""www.brandrepublic.com""]LONDON - Alton Towers is to rename its newly launched rollercoaster ride Rita: Queen of Speed as Camilla: Queen of Speed to celebrate the marriage of Prince Charles to Camilla Parker Bowles this Saturday as part of its latest ad campaign.

In a new 30-second television ad for the ride, a special version with Camilla's name will be screened on the wedding day only. On the day, logos on the ride itself will also be altered.

The creative for the TV campaign by TBWALondon features a lone climber stuck in a crevasse in the Swiss Alps, who in his boredom flicks a lighter with the ride's logo and remembers more exciting times at Alton Towers. The voiceover says: "Make some great memories, you might need them someday."

Alton Towers head of marketing Tracy Burton said: "Camilla may not be Queen of England yet, so we thought she might like to take over from Rita and be Queen of Speed, just for her wedding day."

The ride hits 0-60mph in just 2.5 seconds, which according to Burton is slightly speedier than Charles and Camilla's decision to marry.

"We think that, given the lead-up to the wedding has been a bit of a rollercoaster in itself, they will appreciate this unprecedented move in the spirit in which it is intended," Bruton said.

The ride was launched on April 1. Other rollercoasters at the park include Nemesis, Oblivion and Air
[/quote]

well now everyone can ride camilla :P

i dont think it will work just get people confused i know i would be if i was to turn up and look for rita but find camilla
jpecool

[quote=""Ade""]TT Rita page now online.

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/rides/ugland/rita.htm[/quote]

The video on that page is good!!!!! Thanks guys. :D Thanks for the pics and stuff on that page too! :D

Im going on friday :D Yay :D What technical problems does rita keep having??? Anything serious, because i dont want to get their and not be able to go on. :-( :?:

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
Coasternut

Rita isnt opening all of today. Just spoke to a friend who went up to the Towers this morning just to ride Rita and the staff are saying its a problem with the second train again.Don't know if this is the case but it is deffinately closed. I suspect it'll just be teething problems as with air.