General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
symone

I have seen it before but just watched it again (it's fab) is the man's voice at the begining of the ride supposed to sound like Murry Walker or is it just the way it comes out?!
Williscroft

Yer it has been posted on here before. Its a good video though. It makes me laff when the german lad says " Rita wont be open today but we will open the corkscrew for you, enjoy the ride" as if he owns the park and can open attractions up by him self lol. :D
jpecool

[quote=""williscroft""]jpecool, I dont think its fixed as it was at number 7 untill today so i think it is real. You have to click on the stars to submit your vote of how good the rides are. :D[/quote]

Yeah i know, ive been clicking on the nemesis one for ages but it hasnt gone up to number 2 yet!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Im quite sad you see! :roll: :lol:

Dont let Rita win!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x I havent ridden her yet though so i cant actually judge. But no way can she beat nemmy, just looking at Rita you can tell she isnt s good as Nemesis. Nemesis has been voted one of the best roller coasters in the world, and i dont think Rita could get that recognition but i might be wrong. But she has some tough competitors. And i dont just mean against Intamin rockets. :cry: She does look good though. :lol:

[quote=""williscroft""]Yer it has been posted on here before. Its a good video though. It makes me laff when the german lad says " Rita wont be open today but we will open the corkscrew for you, enjoy the ride" as if he owns the park and can open attractions up by him self lol. :D[/quote]

^^^ It makes me laugh when he says Rita hasnt opened and then they somehow manage to ride her. :lol:

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
Anonymous

i have never seen that film before that was sooooo cool.
I can't wait to ride it on the 7th of april only 6 more dyas to go

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Anonymous

With refrence to that German on-ride video....

:shock:

WOW! Germans are REALLY ugly.

Joke. I defiatley didn't think Rita would look that fast. Whilst filming on the station, the car was their, then it just disappeared.
That's got me really excited I didn't think Rita would look that thrilling at all... and that look thrilling are often even more thrilling than expected whilst on the ride.

Go Alton!!!!!

Lewis... :P
bond231

[quote=""williscroft""]Yer it has been posted on here before. Its a good video though. It makes me laff when the german lad says " Rita wont be open today but we will open the corkscrew for you, enjoy the ride" as if he owns the park and can open attractions up by him self lol. :D[/quote]
i think that is the literal translation (as in word for word) i think translated into english it would say something like "rita won't be op-en today so we will go on corkscrew to start off" :-?
madmanwill

for the people wondering whether or not it will be shown:
Blue Peter
Mon 4 Apr, 5:00 pm - 5:25 pm 25mins

CBBC. Simon and Zoe try out the latest rollercoaster around, we announce the winner of our fantastic mural competition and we show you how to make a Dalek out of a garden compost bin!
yey!!! dalek compost bin
I_love_at

Rita is truely amazing got on the last ride of the day. cant wait to go on it again.
Anonymous

Went on it 1st thing and it's FAST FAST FAST.

Left my stomach in the station. :wink:
jpecool

Sounds very good. I have to wait till tuesday :x But never mind. Cant wait to ride her. :D

Anonymous

i been on rita today wow it was so good i went on it agen. My guts r still back at the station :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :) :) :) :) :D :D :o :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P
Adam

RideRita.com has been updated. with the advert and some new pics. just refresh :D
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
TenZero

What a cheesy and tacky advert :cry:
bond231

i like it, its funny aswell as informing you about the ride, might have been better if it was rita not a computer animation that he was on. that makes me think of air when they went flying everywhere hee hee
jpecool

Yeah i like the advert now actually. Its quite funny, and makes people interested. And i like how the guy just talks in a really boring voice, while everything is going on in the background. It makes it quite funny. :roll: I also liek the music at th end. I think its a good advert, although the Oblivion advert is still the best ride advert i have seen by Alton. I never saw the nemesis one :(

Anonymous

Just an idea, what with Rita now open and fully operational.

Maybe it's time to lock this thread and allow different discussions on various elements of Rita, much like we're free to discuss various aspects of other rides.

Whilst Rita was being constructed, it was really just one subject to talk about.

It's now as much a part of Alton Towers as any other major ride and like those other rides there are different elements that different people will want to talk about. We've already got a thread about the Rita ad, it'd be nice if we could now start threads on any (previously non-discussed) element of Rita.
Leo

How about discussing RITA's queue length, well over two hours this morning!! What's the hourly throughput of this ride??
richardlerwill3

It was only running one train wasn't it? This is not a good sign, as Rita has a lower throughput than Air (I think) and thats with 2 trains running. I honestly can't imagine how bad teh queues could get with only one train, they better sort it soon.
Williscroft

Well when riding on sunday with only one train the Q still seemed to move at a good pace, they closed the ride at around 1:00 to do testing with the second car. Hopefully this car will be working soon and the Q should move quite smoothly. :D
mphillips16

Does anybody know how long the queues were for the single rider and priority queues
planned trips this year
Alton Towers
Fantasy Island
Pleasure Island
Bottons Pleasure Beach
Flamingo land