SeaWorld Orlando

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
altontowers1

[quote=""Mr Stu""] Meh. It's like my dad can do Kraken and Montu etc.. but not Tea Cups.[/quote]

Oh my god thats the same with me wooo im not the only one, i would like to meet your dad please :D

x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc
xEmmax

I keep getting different dates for Mantas opening some say Spring '09 and some say Summer. Does anyone know anything for sure?

We're going to be there March/April'09 and I would LOVE TO ride this as it looks/sounds amazing, but I have a feeling we'll just miss it.

Although you would have thought they want it ready for Spring as thats peak season :?
DomB

does anyone have anymore info on manta and has construction begun yet?
Nick

Ground work was well and truely underway when I was there in June
DomB

thanks, it's just theres hardly any info on the old google. :D
Mattia

This flyer better be open next easter! I'm so excited! :D A lot of people know how much i love flyers! :D Will be lush, im excited for the water splash and the layout looks gorgeous :D
ReallyRollercoasterRules

[quote=""Mattia""]This flyer better be open next easter! I'm so excited! :D A lot of people know how much i love flyers! :D Will be lush, im excited for the water splash and the layout looks gorgeous :D [/quote]

Manta opens Summer 2009,

Sorry :!:
Really Rollercoaster- The Latest Theme Park News & Reviews

http://www.reallyrollercoaster.co.uk/
Rob L

Just had a look and there are a few construction pictures here, not much in terms of track yet but it does look like they're doing a lot of work with the actual site. :)

xEmmax

This is a good site for construcion photos

http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta.html

I'm still praying that they're over estimating with Summer 09 (and some places do say Spring still) and by some miracle it'll be open when I'm there Easter to Mattia :D we fly out 6 months today.

---- Post Info Added ----

Guys you all need to check out the new construction update at the above ste - the life hill looks like it is going to be HUGE.

Sadly it's still looking like a June opening so bad news for us going at Easter :(

US new coaster is still be giving a Late-March April opening apparently although not a great deal of obvious constructions been done on that yet - it will be less heavily themed than Manta from what I've heard though.
Smeck

We were in Orlando between 11th and 25th October, and got a couple of construction photos of Manta if you're interested:

[url=http://pauljukes.myby.co.uk/manta1.jpg" target="_blank]http://pauljukes.myby.co.uk/manta1.jpg[/url]
[url=http://pauljukes.myby.co.uk/manta2.jpg" target="_blank]http://pauljukes.myby.co.uk/manta2.jpg[/url]

Hopefully be going back in a couple of years once IoA have finished their Harry Potter area (and Universal Studios has finished Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit), should be a few new rides at most of the parks by then :)

(Edit - just looked at the johnnyupsidedown link and it looks like the lift hill's been completed and they're working on the first drop).
DomB

Yup, they've started on the Pretzel loop now.
Work seems to be going quickly.

Thanks to JohnnyUpsideDown.com
Stu

It's looking lush now... can't wait to ride it! I love air for the feeling so this will be really cool. The layout is looking quite cool to be fair! Looks simple in that. 3 inversions, prezal loop and 2 inline twists and the water splash down and the flying close to the waterfall will just make the feeling of this ace... Sea World Style.

Ash

Saw this a few days ago, urgh it looks incredible!

Splashdown into lakes, an aquarium in the queueline!

Duel loading, onload and offload stations.

A big fat shiny pretzel loop!

Certainly one to go back to Florida for, and with Aquatica, ive heard nothing but good reviews.
Stu

Manta track is now all in place. Well 12th December it was all done.

It's looking very very good for a flyer indeed. and can't wait to see the theming there doing for it.

Looks Hawt!!!

Niceeeeeeee hehe.

The thing that annoys me about big B&M's is the layouts are not too far off from being the same... big drop, loop, twist, maybe cobra roll. block break then a few more loops and corcksrews.. but this is different.. love that layout, something different to exspect!! Looks really nice!!!

Theming and station to be complete by end of Jan... then they fill in the lake. Beleive theres a small delay on the crafts... small problem with the new design. Yes Type 3 Flyer Crafts.
BIan

Looks great. Lovely Colour.

If only I could afford Florida this year.

Ian
Mattia

Still possible they could open around easter? Or is it the crafts forcing them to push it back to summer?
Stu

There aiming for April.
amcmaster1

Thanks for the info on this ride!

I hope we get another flyer in the UK at some point that is an a bigger scale to Air.
Wishing i was back in the Caribbean
Michaél

^It would be great to have a full size flyer in England. Tatsu for example is phenominal. The only problem here in England there is no park capable of putting one in due to funding, height restriction, planning permission etc......
This is looking like a fab new B&M flyer hope to ride this someday.
Evostance

Oo Im going to be there April 1st - 4th

Hope its open for "testing" then, however I cant see how they're going to get all the theming done by then