The American Adventure

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dara

oneclick does i think.You get linked to it from TPG links page :D :D
Anonymous

[quote=""Dara""]pleasure island: Alot of ATs old rides are there eg.Gravitron,1001 knights[/quote]

isnt Gravitron worth a trip there alone?
Squiggles

Just looked at one click... Pleasure Island has one of those Huss flying things... like the enterprise but facing the other way. I'd quite like a go on one of those!!
Edwardo..... move me!
Joe Wareham

[quote=""Marshan Man""][quote=""Dara""]pleasure island: Alot of ATs old rides are there eg.Gravitron,1001 knights[/quote]

isnt Gravitron worth a trip there alone?[/quote]

No Gravitron isnt that good.
You dont really realise youre moving because it goes so fast.
You feel as thogh youre stationary.
Its a little like one of those cage rides you get at travelling fairs that i always think look extremley dangerous.
Has anyone been on one beacause ive not.
Is it similar to gravitron?
Dara

[quote=""Squiggles""]Just looked at one click... Pleasure Island has one of those Huss flying things... like the enterprise but facing the other way. I'd quite like a go on one of those!![/quote]

I rode it once last season.Its a little bit like air only the feeling's not as unusual.Its probably one of the longest rides ive ever been on.Its just boring by the end it goes on so long.I went on it a second time and i timed it - 5 minutes and 32 seconds.Im very glad i didnt feel ill on it.I bet people with motion sickness vomit alot on that ride.Id hate to be on the recieving end.
Joe Wareham

Id quite like the chance to ride one of those.It loks good and Ive not been to Pleasure Island for about 4 years now.
Might have to visit soon.
Dara

Boomerang at Pleasure island is quite dull.Almost exactrly the same as missile at AA :roll: Though the Condor at PI is quite good.My favourite has to be HYPER BLASTER :) Its about 250 miles better than TP's Detonator.
Joe Wareham

They used to have a very big wheel at pleasure island that reached 280 feet.
Its not there now.
All they have now is of those crappy ones with carts that you sit in like at AA.
V. dull.
Dara

Does anybody know how old AA is :?: Would it have been built in the 90s or 80s :?:
Squiggles

It originally opened in 1985... then closed 8 weeks later. Then it opened in it's current form in 1987.
Edwardo..... move me!
Dara

So was it origionally a different company when it opened in 1985 :?: Cant have been very succesful if it only lasted 8 weeks before closing again
Squiggles

It wasn't. I beleive the company was a little.. ahem... dodgey. I think the person who originally came up with the idea of having a park on the site is now in jail. :?
Edwardo..... move me!
I_love_at

i think tussards should buy it so they can make it a whole lot better.
Colossus

Nope I dont think Tussards should buy it. They already own 3 parks in the UK, and various other attractions.

If they did that then they would be like Six Flags in the states, where they have bought established parks, cleaned them up, taken away the personality of them, slapped in a couple of coasters and names it Six Flags over whatever.

Dont get me wrong I dont hate Six Flags, and would love to see one in the UK, but hey no more Tussards parks. Lets have some diversity. People have different ideas, lets hope someone comes up with some for the AA.
Dara

I dont really want diversity.If tussauds did take over AA it would be the best thing to ever happen to them.I think AA could have quite alot of potential if put tin the right circumstances (in tihis case a tussauds take over)AA is in a much beeter location than any of the 3 parks thait they currently own (especially AT)
Joe Wareham

[quote=""Squiggles""] I think the person who originally came up with the idea of having a park on the site is now in jail. :?[/quote]

Was that John Rigby?
Squiggles

Peter Kellard and John Wright were the two men jailed. (although bot are now free again... I think)
Edwardo..... move me!
Dara

A bit worrying really
Joe Wareham

So why were these 2 dodgy chaps not successful with their origional park then?
Did it get closed down because of illegal activity or was it just lack of money?or some other reason?
It seems extremely odd to me that they only managed 8 weeks.
What was the problem?
Joe Wareham

Whos this John Rigby?
I read about him concieving the idea of AA when he saw the old mine site.
So was he involved with Peter Kellard and John Wright but got away with it or was he part of a different company?