Ideas & Suggestions

Get ready to laugh and scream! Information on Attraction Source Events and member meetups.
Lee

Tommo23 wrote: I had an idea last night which I brought up in a sb conversation, but I thought I'd mention it here for those of you who weren't there last night:

Basically I thought for people who are going on their first meet would benefit from everybody there wearing a sticky label with their forum username on, as well as their real first name. I just thought this would be a good idea, and have a chat with people who they've previously had a chat with in the sb, or via PM or something.

Thanks, and I hope the mods/event organisers take this into consideration!
During the meets, we do introduce ourselves to the group to ensure everyone is aware of who each other is. As our meets are based on fun, and we get a diverse group of people, I wouldn't particularly want to put the pressure on people to wear a name badge all day.
iBacon

I have no idea if this can happen but,

24 Hours hanging over Oblivion for charity? 
Thanks to Lewis97 for my Amazing Signature!
Lee

iBacon wrote: I have no idea if this can happen but,

I would imagine not. Towers don't generally allow elongated ride hire and couple that with health and safety and the routine maintenance programme of Oblivion, it would be very doubtful.
Owen

Lee James wrote:
iBacon wrote: I have no idea if this can happen but,

I would imagine not. Towers don't generally allow elongated ride hire and couple that with health and safety and the routine maintenance programme of Oblivion, it would be very doubtful.
Can the holding break even be left for that long?
Luce

I think iBacon meant something along the lines of a rollercoaster marathon where you'd ride Oblivion constantly over a 24 hour period. 
iBacon

I know it's stupid but anyway this was my dream...

A group a Z-List Celebrities (Including me, as I'm a celebrity in my dreams) hang on Oblivion's drop for 24 Hours for Charity. Food and Drink are brought up the way they take off phones and video cameras and people can camp overnight in tents in X-Sector. I know it's daft and stupid and a dream I just thought, would that be possible? Can it hold you on the drop?Could it be done?
Thanks to Lewis97 for my Amazing Signature!
Lee

iBacon wrote: I know it's stupid but anyway this was my dream...

A group a Z-List Celebrities (Including me, as I'm a celebrity in my dreams) hang on Oblivion's drop for 24 Hours for Charity. Food and Drink are brought up the way they take off phones and video cameras and people can camp overnight in tents in X-Sector. I know it's daft and stupid and a dream I just thought, would that be possible? Can it hold you on the drop?Could it be done?
As simply as possible, no!
Deejay

ScreMazing is coming together pretty well, the event package just needs some finishing touches!

In terms of name badges, this was brought up in a conversation I had with Chris-TT before the SummerSizzler13. We both like the idea but because some people don't like it have it as optional would be the only way we could do it, the only issue I have is keeping costs down. We are charging bare minimum for the event packages we provide and TT is non-profit so any extra expense would have to be covered in the ticket prices.
girlgooner

So everyone going to dress up?
Danny

It won't be compulsory to dress up, however we certainly look forward to seeing what some people can come up with if you choose to do so!
Rob
Admin
Admin

Just remember that AT don't allow masks.
MakoMania

Hate to resurrect this topic from the dead but I do have one suggestion (well, more of an idea really) that I'd like to put forward. I don't know how well this would go down, but a closed season tour of the park for a couple of hours is something I've always wanted to do and other parks like Cedar Point and Busch Gardens Williamsburg do offer things like this. Just a small thought!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Chris
Admin
Admin

It's a great suggestion, but something Merlin have never been open to (as of yet).
NemeJaney

Topic resurrection time again...
(I've mentioned this idea to a few people recently but might as well officially post it on here)

A theme idea for future talks and tours could be landscaping. It could work with any of the parks, but would be particularly spectacular at Alton due to the gardens, lawns and lakes being major features of the park. The Towers themselves and the site history could also form a basis for a very unique event. After all, the true Towers fans aren't just interested in the rides :D Not sure if it's been done/considered before, but thought I may as well put it out there as the idea itself could spark off other ideas that are beyond our usual ride/operations-based exclusives.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Great idea!
Luce

Sounds good to me too as the gardens are really pretty and would be nice to hear some info about the upkeep.
Morgan

Really good idea, it'd be nice if we could have an extended tour of the ruins and maybe see some areas that are usually shut off.
Justin

I would love a tour of some description and possibly a behind the scenes of operations. I've mentioned something similar a year or two back but I agree. Event or an Alton offering, either way :)
Zach

Justin wrote:I would love a tour of some description and possibly a behind the scenes of operations. I've mentioned something similar a year or two back but I agree. Event or an Alton offering, either way :)
Operations of what exactly?
Justin

Just more the general running of the park and how it is managed. I think it would be very insightful :)