RollerCoaster Tycoon 3

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Ash

Hey,

Having recently had a new laptop i decided to splash out and treat myself to RCT3 :)

Ive had a butchers around now and i can only find one Alton Towers recreation no the net, and i wait with baited breath for the "Dudeybrad" release that has water parks and hotels included along with car parks!

Also im currently looking for any finished park re creations that are of a high standard. Id really like to see a Magic Kingdom finished version, or perhaps Islands Of Adventure. Any of the Florida Parks really and any UK park also, as long as its up to a high quality recreation!

Anyone else fascinated by recreations, or wants to discuss RCT3 in general?

Ash :)
Big Dave

Im just surprised you managed to get RCT3 running on a laptop lol
Ash

Yea it runs on top requirements too :)
furie

Don't forget to check out my guides:
[url=http://www.coasterforce.com/RCT3_Guides" target="_blank]http://www.coasterforce.com/RCT3_Guides[/url]

And also here's the first major park I worked on:
[url=http://www.coasterforce.com/RCT3_Download_-_Caltrops" target="_blank]http://www.coasterforce.com/RCT3_Download_-_Caltrops[/url]

You shouldn't need anything but the basic 'vanilla' copy of the game.

I really enjoy playing RCT3, but just don't have the time to dedicate to it nowadays. I'm also rubbish at designing coasters :lol:
If you\'ve got a problem, stuff a worm in it!
Come and Visit the Family_Furie family review site here
Matt.C

I love RCT3 but I suck at themeing. I can build fairly good rollercoasters but then it comes to themeing I epic fail.
Kelly

I go through stages of getting really addicted to RCT3, and play it all the time. I usually just concentrate on making entrances, because I start making the rest of the park and I can never make it symetrical and it really annoys me! (OCD kicking in there slightly...) So I usually give up. I also could never figure out custom content and used to get annoyed with the building options originally given in the game lol.

Got quite far though on the career. Think I only had one or two parks to complete last time I checked.
Mankey

RCT3 Hates my computer :( I used to play it loads as well... but then your average FPS is in at 12 you start losing the will to live! Shame really, cuz it is a good game! I used to spend hours creating themed areas and really putting loads of effort into the theming haha i'm sad!

Still I preferred RCT2.
Back from hibernation!
DiogoJ42

I have been an RCT nut since the first version came out over 10 years ago (christ that makes me feel old!)

I have been trying to recreate CWoA for over a year now. It's a labour of love, and every time I think I've cracked it some new custom scenery comes out that makes me want to re-do it!

anyway, some of my work can be found here:
[url=http://uk.youtube.com/bastardo42" target="_blank]http://uk.youtube.com/bastardo42[/url]
there is a re-creation of Brighton Pier, as well as what I would do with it given a chance!
Big Dave

RCT 3 still has loads of bugs in it and it seems like atari have completely given up hope on it. I have a top of the range pc and yet if i put a few flats and a couple of coasters in, the whole game goes really slow and even attempting to use the screen rotate feature is a no no.
DiogoJ42

the trick is to
a) don't open your park to peeps untill it's finished
b) use sandbox or a home made scenario and keep it in daytime
c) build and do everything in pause. the only way to ride coasters at true speed is to record a video and watch it back. (press Ctrl+Shift+F11) sadly it can take hours for a coaster to render at <1FPS!

All of this means only true fans of the game have the patiance to stick with it. a shame, 'cause lots of my friends used to play RCT1/2, but got put off by 3.
Vicki

I'm tempted to get my copy out and play over the weekend actually. I'm hopeless at designing rides, so what I do is re-theme the ones they give you. I don't do park themeing though, which is awful, must try harder :) Will try harder :)
The Lonely end of the Rink- a great song, and it\'s usually the case when I go ice skating because I just can\'t keep up!
seanyboyuk

Bleh RCT 2 owns RCT 3 !!!!
Joe Koopa

I love RCT3 but am completly rubbish at it. :oops:
Big Dave

RCT2 was a better game, but lacked graphics. RCT3 had better graphics in the sense it was 3D, but lack realism and everything felt too cartoony. The game stuttered and had major incompatibility issues.
DiogoJ42

[quote=""Big Dave""]RCT2 was a better game, but lacked graphics. RCT3 had better graphics in the sense it was 3D, but lack realism and everything felt too cartoony. The game stuttered and had major incompatibility issues.[/quote]
True, but once you have ridden your own coasters, you just can't go back to RCT2!
Big Dave

Totally agree with you there, but thats why I prefer NoLimits coaster simulator. Wayyyyyyyyyyy better graphics and runs a million times better.
FallingStar

I absolutely adore rct3, but play it on my laptop. Is it normal for a laptop to overheat when playing on full graphics for a prolonged period of time? Also, does overheating cause any damage to the laptop?
Michaél

I find RCT3 way too basic. It was great when I was under the age of ten but is just too simple now. I prefer No Limits its a lot more challenging, realistic and in my opinion a lot more fun. The qraphics are a lot better on No Limits and it runs a lot quicker.
DiogoJ42

I Agree that No Limits is a 'better' tool for designing rides, but for me it's the whole RCT package that wins.
I love the limitations just as much as I hate them. It's what makes it RCT.

I quite like the cartoony style graphics. Although I admit that The grid is limiting for coaster tracks, and there are never enough track elements to do what you want. Usually this is only a problem when youtry to recreate a real world ride.
Mankey

What I find funny is the fact that the game was designed for as many computer specs as possible, by doing so they elimated some of the more powerful computers from the list! :P

I can a number of better grapic games no problem on my computer, just RCT3 hates me.

No Limits is a better program for designing coasters for me, but i miss getting peeps, building flats, making scenery.

I wish it worked well! :cry:
Back from hibernation!