RollerCoaster Tycoon 3

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Rockstar

NickiFan wrote:
Rockstar wrote:I just Can't.Could You PM Me A Written One?

Want me to PM you how to install CS?
Yes Please
Katherine

I'd be up for it. :)
NickiFan

I might give it a go :)
stealthsmiler

I could be interested, depending on the challenge.
Danny

So it seems that the interest in the topic has grown. So I am happy to announce this fortnight's challenge!

Challenge: Launch, Launch, Launch!

This challenge is to test how well you can pull of launches in RCT3. It can use any track you like and can use brakes as a launch mechanism. But this isn't just a test on who can make the best launch coaster, I want to see your best multi launched coaster.
Objective:
Include at least two launches and a maximum of 4.

It is entirely your choice as to whether you include inversions, but it's need to be an intense, yet fun ride with an interesting layout. You have two weeks.
Good luck :)
stealthsmiler

Would you class a woodie launch as realistic??? I don't think there is any but would love to ride one if there is.
Danny

stealthsmiler wrote:Would you class a woodie launch as realistic??? I don't think there is any but would love to ride one if there is.
No there is has been no launched wooden roller coasters made as of yet. I agree with you that I'd love to ride one as well, but for the game I'd say use a steel coaster. I've tried launched woodies on RCT3 in the past and don't turn out well.

Good luck :)
mattiepearce

I'll be entering this week, RCT3 loading up now!
Burniel

I WILL be entering, but will need my exams to be over first. The good news is that this is two weeks, so I'm fine :)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
nemyjoe

how do you get the walls that the entrance and towers street is made from, how do you get the alton towers logo on the entrance tower and lastly how do you get the walls that the towers are made from? someone please help i desperately want to make a good recreation. :D
Jack

3 days later and you would have bumped a year old thread ;)

To answer for LSP, I believe he mixed a lot of CS sets to get what he wanted into the park and the Alton Towers logo is (I believe) in a set that is very hard to find (I believe it is on RCTGo, so just search Alton Towers there :))

I would say, go to the Custom Scenery Depot and download what you think would work, I also think that LSP made a bit of this scenery by themselves so it could be more accurate :)
Chris_c_4
Team
Team

It seems that Rollercoaster Tycoon has been ported to iOS by Frontier Developments!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rollerc ... 92660?mt=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unfortunately I can not download it (Android user) but it looks pretty cool! Hopefully it will be released on Android at some point in the future!
Adam.W

Wow, this is near enough the exact same as the computer version, looks really good! What's the interface like (for those who have the game) and what's different, new and gone?
stealthsmiler

This looks brilliant. With phone games being further behind other platforms, RCT3 actually looks amazing on it. Definitely going to buy it, even though is £3.99.

It makes me wonder though, if they could do this for RCT3 mobile, Why didn't they do this for RCT4, update some of the coasters and release it. It wouldn't have been such a flop then. It would have been much better than releasing a low quality free game that requires in app purchases. Also if they can copy the graphic to be almost identical, RCT4 could have been in the style of RCT2 even for those who like the classic look of RCT.
kb1989

Hi this recreation looks amazing can i get the download link please? Thank you :)