Virtual Towers Online

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
TheCodeMaster

Here's My contribiution:

Your not so local California Resident.
Adam.W

TheCodeMaster wrote:Here's My contribiution:

Amazing :D
Capt.Barnacles

Something's coming soon, what can it be?

TRM

RMT!!!!! Great project, but i don't have NL2 yet :lol they need to release on mac soon
Capt.Barnacles

Time for an update tonight that takes a fairly new view at Project Towers. We've never really shown this off before, but here's an exclusive look at The Towers themselves! Thanks to Coaster-inc and a friend of his, they were able to take measurements and model the entirety of the publicly-accessible Towers! This has led to the iconic structure viewable already in the park! Most of the rooms inside are modelled to an immense level of accuracy, and this has led some to speculate that we may be bringing a Scarefest pack that will include the scaremaze theming, lights and decoration. We can't confirm anything yet but we've been considering things ;) Enjoy and thanks for staying with us!

Capt.Barnacles

We have another update for you now, this time, Katanga Canyon has arrived! We've been spending plenty of time working on modelling Katanga Canyon's land and the Runaway Mine Train's track, we think it's finally ready to be shown! Also, we'd like to introduce the easter egg feature of Project Towers. One of our many easter eggs to be found is the personalised gravestones in Duel's extended queue! We've only got one in place so we're showing that, but you'll have to search for the rest and find them. We're also not revealing any more easter eggs, so we're interested to see who'll be the first to find them all when it's released.

Capt.Barnacles

We're bringing out a new video soon, to show how far the whole park's come in the last 5 months since our 100 like video. There'll be lots to see, so as soon as our page reaches 400 likes, we'll be posting that new video, keep your eyes peeled!
NemesisRider

That sounds great Dan! :D
Capt.Barnacles

To give you all an idea of how much we need to cover in this newest video, here's a view of the entire park as it currently stands, with the various areas of land being mostly modelled :)

Jack

I see TT: The Ride is looking a bit lonely at the moment! :P

Doing a great job guys, it's been great to watch this project grow! :)
Adam.W

Awesome :)

Do you plan on doing a lot of the surrounding terrain and hotels? (And parking + monorail :P)
NemesisRider

Looks great Dan! Keep working on it and you'll have it perfect if you continue at the standard you're at! :D
Capt.Barnacles

The Alton Towers Project is exactly that. Not just Alton Towers theme park but the entire Resort. So to answer your question simply, yes. However, there are limitations. The size of the map in NoLimits 2 means that no matter how tightly we squeeze it all in, everything from the Alton Towers Hotel towards the Enchanted Village, doesn't fit in the map. We will still be modelling everything including the entrance roads, car parks, hotels, etc. But everything beyond Splash Landings won't be available to walk around in the simulator. This is an unfortunate limitation placed on us but we'll be doing our best to ensure that we'll maintain a realistic, immersive experience of the simulated Alton Towers Resort (we'll address that limitation in a comical way, keep an eye on the waterpark skywalk) :)
Capt.Barnacles

We've got the boats working on Congo River Rapids, thanks to Code for the boats, Coaster-inc for the script and myself for the track layout!
Capt.Barnacles

We're finally ready! At 6pm tomorrow, our new video showcasing the entirety of Project Towers will go live! Lots of time and effort has been put in by Dave to get this ready to be viewed, so on behalf of the whole team, we hope you enjoy this newest update to this project!
Capt.Barnacles

Here it is! The latest update for Project Towers for you all to enjoy! This 8/9 minute video shows you just how far we've come since the last update, thank you all for staying with us, we hope you enjoy viewing this video!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Adam.W

That is... Incredible. It makes you realise how much of a tough job it is to recreate such a huge thing 1:1. Great job guys :D
NemesisRider

This project never ceases to amaze me. It's so beautiful and accurate. There wasn't much Nemesis in that video ;) but I'm loving the updates. Keep going! This can easily be the best NL 2 project ever!
Mermalizer

This project looks amazing! The accuracy of it is just stunning. I mean, those Towers are beautiful (just as they are in real life).
Keep on going with this - it will be spectacular when its' finished.
Prepare to be mermalized!
Capt.Barnacles

Thanks to all of you that watched the video, the team and I have been amazed with the amount of positive feedback we've received, it's just motivated us to keep going and not give up! Recently Boz has taken a break from landscaping Katanga Canyon to work on the Skyride gondolas and I'm sure you'll agree, they really look up to scratch! Here's a look at them, until our next update, enjoy!