Virtual Towers Online

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Nickolai

What would you say are the minimum requirements?
Formally Smiler313
Capt.Barnacles

Whilst we can't be certain on what the minimum requirements by the final stage of release, we have determined that a moderately powerful system will be required to play on full graphics settings. But of course like any good game we've got graphics settings (already present in the Hex demo) to allow people with less powerful systems to play, don't worry! :)
Capt.Barnacles

We're all working very hard to get this year's Christmas update ready for you all, for now though, here's a sneak peek at what's to come! (Note it is a gif, so look closely ;) )

Liam.W

Is there a rough idea when the update will be ready for download? And I'm guessing we should delete the Hex demo and download this instead?
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Capt.Barnacles

Phase 1 won't be ready for a while yet. We've still got the entirety of The Smiler to make, along with finishing Oblivion, the lawns, lake, and Towers ruins.
sheepnotasheep

So you model in sketchup. I know my way around sketchup very well if you need a spare modeller. I work in unity rather than unreal. The past few months I have been working closely with VR, specifically android movile VR which is more easily accesible rather than Oculus or Vive. There is a way to incorperate VR without an oculus. There are tools that allow you to mirror your PC screen in real time to an android/iphone with the use of a mobile VR headset. The software converts in to stereoscopic 3D in real time and tracks head movement which controls the "mouse to look" movement. So that is a workaround to test VR without an oculus. In unity I have scripts that allow a user to "step to walk" in VR. Basically to navigate around a scene the user would walk on the spot to move in the direction they are looking. Its more immersive than using a controller. Anyways, The reason Im replying is because this is exactly what I was thinking about doing. I was going to recreate alton towers in VR but seeing as you are already doing it I'll think of something else lol. However, I think I can help with modelling and I would LOVE to see this as multiplayer and thats pretty easy to do. I'm just concerned that the Hex demo is 1.1Gb. How big would the file size be for the entire park. Anyways, let me know if you would like some help man.
Capt.Barnacles

With some significant optimization the Hex demo will be smaller, however the whole of Phase 1 will of course be larger than 1.1GB. This is a highly detailed game so naturally the sizes will be big however, as we learn new techniques, optimize and improve, things will be more manageable. For now we recommend keeping an eye on our Facebook page for more regular and consistent updates as here will only have sum ups of the more concise updates we post on our page. (Plus we just broke 1300 likes ;) )
Capt.Barnacles

Happy New Year!

As a big welcome to 2017, we put together a video of Oblivion with it's block system, sounds and special effects in motion! We hope you enjoy, and of course, stay with us for another year of updates, and drawing closer to the premiere release!

Oblivion Progress
Nickolai

The quality looks amazing. I like all the sounds, however, I presume it was very difficult to get lift hill audio. Apart from that, I am amazed at how well the project is doing! Everyone on the VTO team needs high praise. Is there any rough idea for when we could see an alpha release date?
Formally Smiler313
Sawboss

Great to see you've even got the way the steam puffs out and is then dragged down into the hole by the wake of the car! The attention to detail is fantastic.
Capt.Barnacles

Regarding a release, we remain uncertain at how long it'll take before we're ready to release, as Phase 1 will include all gameplay aspects including manual operation of rides. This could take weeks to get right on it's own so we can't make any promises at whether it'll be out this year or not.
Capt.Barnacles

We're happy to be able to release a few teaser visuals of what's coming in the next big update, Smile. Always!

Capt.Barnacles

Apologies for the slightly delayed update, but we've now hit 1500 likes and released our Smiler update! There's 32 images in total, and I won't post them all here, you can find them all on our Facebook page, but here's a few preview pictures!

Enjoy and remember! Smile. Always.
OhShambhala

I really am amazed by this project. Will it be available to view online after completion?
Airtime Machine, Shambhala!
garfield3gs

this is honestly so beautiful! the team should be extremly proud of what you have created so far, looking forward to seeing more
NemesisRider

Amazing images Dan. Unreal looks, well, real :lol
Sawboss

Looks stunning. What are you gonna do for the music? Will AT allow you to use the full Smiler soundtrack?
Nickolai

I was wondering this too.
Formally Smiler313
sheepnotasheep

You gotta let me on board with this. I went through the hex demo several times already and even just that little sample I am in love with. I spend hours and hours in sketchup (there is nothing I can't do in it) and even though I'm native to unity I'm transitioning to UE. Basically there are so many things I could help out with and I can dedicate a LOT of time to the project to help things move on quicker.
Capt.Barnacles

If you contact us via Facebook message, I'm sure we can discuss things further there and look into the possibility!