Virtual Towers Online

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Capt.Barnacles

A new update for everyone!

This has been a big week for us in the realm of progress and recognition, as we've posted our third video blog update, detailing the team members, and future plans for Virtual Towers Online! View it on our channel here.

I should note due to some copyrighted music used right at the end of the video, this particular video is unavailable to view on mobile devices.

For our second big development, small local news site StaffsLive conducted an interview with us and has published an article covering what we're doing! You can also read that here.

Thirdly and lastly, we have a new addition to our team of developers! Known on TTSP under the username Dr.Kelham, Jordan has joined the ranks focusing on modelling and character animation, so join me in extending a warm welcome to the team!

That marks it for updates for now, until the next one, we hope everyone has a great start to the 2017 season and hope to see you all there!
Capt.Barnacles

Update time!

Things are going well for us as a team, Jordan's settled in brilliantly and has cemented his position with our big annual meet up two weeks ago (2nd-5th June).

Which brings me onto the next point! Our annual meet took place earlier this month which included the first ever meet of ALL 8 team members at once, it all went amazingly and concluded with some exciting decisions made that may accelerate the production and release of Phase 1 should everything go well!

As always with our trips, Dave put together a preview music video and a full 90 minute vlog featuring all the antics and fun we got up to, both can be viewed on the Virtual Towers Online YouTube channel in the links provided.

That's it for now, keep an eye on our Facebook and YouTube for more updates as we hopefully come closer to a plan moving forward, and eventually, bringing the first stage of game release to you with X-Sector and Hex!

VTO Meet 2017 preview

VTO Meet 2017 full vlog
AltonOperator

This is very exciting. Thank you for all the work you do on this project!
Thanks Jack
Capt.Barnacles

It's been a while since I updated here, I'll let my current live stream speak for itself!

VTO Phase 2/SW8 Livestream
Phild94

I know you're all seriously busy with this project but I was wondering whether any of you had ever thought about trying to do a recreation of SW1 and SW1.

I've looked around everywhere and can't find anyone else who's tried it!
Sawboss

Hi, just curious if this project is cancelled, on hold or still actively in development
Dan

Sawboss wrote:Hi, just curious if this project is cancelled, on hold or still actively in development
It is still in development, however, the member who used to post the updates on the project is no longer a part of it, so naturally the updates have dried up.
Sawboss

Ah ok, will continue to keep an eye out. Thanks for the info.
AltonOperator

Sawboss wrote:Ah ok, will continue to keep an eye out. Thanks for the info.
There are occasional updates on their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/virtualtowersonline/
And they also have a discord which is great for talking to the team directly!
Thanks Jack
Robert.W

Oh wow, that looks really cool! Shame there isn't any updates here anymore, but I'll just have to check out their Facebook every so often to see if there is any progress as it really looks so good! :)

AltonOperator

Robert.W wrote:Oh wow, that looks really cool! Shame there isn't any updates here anymore, but I'll just have to check out their Facebook every so often to see if there is any progress as it really looks so good! :)
Its one of the sites I check daily :lol
Thanks Jack
AltonOperator

The Phase 1 Alpha has now been released!
It is amazing and the amount of work the group has put in is unimaginable
here are the links:
Facebook
Game Download
Thanks Jack
Aidan Lowe

Just had a wander around X-Sector, looks gorgeous.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Sheepy

Hey guys! So, I'm one of the guys doing the 3D modelling for the project. I came across this thread whilst looking up how much project coverage exists on google searches. I read that some of you are a bit disappointed that you don't get updates on here anymore and I feel bad that you don't. So I will try to keep you guys updated on here as much as I can but as always the best place to get up to the minute updates and discussions is on the discord server.

Any questions feel free to ask and I will try to answer them without giving away too many secret details.

So here's a few photos of what I'm currently working on...

TheDuke

Looks great guys, I can’t wait to check it out myself. I just saw a video of the X-Sector area and it looks amazing.

Hope you keep it up and finish it 
PhNx Survivor

Whoa.. your Google Sketchup skills are crazy good! I can see why you’d use Sketchup as it is very easy to use, and understand.. great job!!
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Sheepy

PhNx Survivor wrote:Whoa.. your Google Sketchup skills are crazy good! I can see why you’d use Sketchup as it is very easy to use, and understand.. great job!!
Haha thankis. It is easy to use but the main use for this project is the accuracy it gives to try and get it accurate to real world scale as possible.
Sheepy

Windows and doors have started to be added in the Mutiny Bay Courtyard

Also below are a few renders