RollerCoaster Tycoon 4

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
starbugger1303

Atari are thinking of making a sequal to Rct3 and they are asking memebers of the atari forums what they would like to see:
We are thinking hard about the next Rollercoaster Tycoon game on PC. We have a question for you, our loyal fanbase. How ready are you for the next Rollercoaster Tycoon? In the years since the last version, what are the key features you’ve dreamed about for the next release? What would make you rush out, buy it, and keep playing it? We’d like to know!
Lets hope it happens. :D

Here is link to the thread

[url=http://forums.atari.com/showthread.php?t=6853" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://forums.atari.com/showthread.php?t=6853[/url]
Blaze

*Dies*

If it's true, then it's amazing news. First NL2, now RCT4 :shock:

Get [s:dcwpj36z]God[/s:dcwpj36z] Wardley involved again!
Nightfall

[quote=""Blaze""]Get God Wardley involved again![/quote]
I hope they get Frontier to make it again. Beside the fact they did well with RCT3 There studios are just down the road and running into Wardley would be incredible!

(Actually I’ve just started learning to drive outside their studios. Hopefully I won't physically run into him :shock: )
[align=center]Image[/align]
DiogoJ42

Hmmm... I'm not sure about this. Something tells me it would be one step forward / two steps back. But until we hear anything more, I can't really comment.
mattbailey

Personally... I just wish they make a "service pack" for RCT3 first that makes it less buggy and make it less buggy when you have a big park!

As for new features, it would be nice to be able to sort by ride manufacturer then ride type (eg Intamin > Sit Down Coasters > Accelerator or B&M > Inverted > Flying)

Breaking down the thrill ride category into theme park & fair models will be good too (eg put Twister into Fair category and a Sky Swat into the park category).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DiogoJ42

It would be nice if you could choose a track type, then a train type, and decide for yourself what type of coaster to make. Obviously, all track styles would have to be able to do everything for this to work.

For dark rides, it would be great if they could re-code the lighting in the game... Sunlight should not be able to pass through scenery! (nor should rain for that matter!)

Thing is though, there are so many advances being made in RCT3 at the moment I would be sad to see it all abandoned for a new game. CTRs, CFRs etc have opened up a whole new level of realism in RCT. It is only a matter of time before someone works out how to make new track elements.
If a new game comes out, we would be back to square one, having to make do with a pitiful selection of rides and scenery.
starbugger1303

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]. It is only a matter of time before someone works out how to make new track elements.
[/quote]

Hasnt Imagineer John from Towersnerd already masterd it?

P.S.

if there is any spelling mistakes, blame the spell checker (it's not working)
A5H

Hopefully they can make visitors more like they were in RCT2 :) More of them and they actually queue for rides! It's horrible when you have a big park with loads of rides that never go because nobody rides them :|

They should make the style of play more realistic aswell :) with seasons which take a couple of hours of gameplay to reach and so we could close the theme parks during the winter and build the new rides to make storys more realistic :)

They also need to look at some rides which are available now to be included, especially chain hill loops and stuff like that which G-Force uses at Drayton Manor :)

I Reaaaaaaally want them to release this game! :D
Nightfall

I know this is off topic so I’m going to hide it in a spoiler

[quote=""starbugger1303""][quote=""DiogoJ42""]It is only a matter of time before someone works out how to make new track elements.
[/quote]

Hasn’t Imagineer John from Towersnerd already mastered it?
[/quote]Yes he has and I’m willing to bet he has managed to create the Th13teen switch track. [spoiler:1kl8mats]I'm not just saying that because of his recent Th13teen video. The other day I was trying to make a switch track (that worked and isn't just a video trick). Basically I succeeded by using the switch track section from the Heartline coaster. One problem is that the Heartline track is almost incompatible with any other track (not in shape but in programming) and so the finale ride is limited to using certain track pieces only when the game wants too. However if Imagineer John could can make his own track, problem solved![/spoiler:1kl8mats]
If there making A RCT4 Switch Track would be a great addition.
[align=center]Image[/align]
MattH

OMG... like seriously... OMG!

One way of making this game excellent, is trying to make it possible to move any CTR/CFR/CS to the game, and also make genuine rides by genuine makers, that would make me ultimately happy, and add more cars to each ride, like the shiekra and griffon cars on the V. Drop coaster, that would make the track longer by default.
captain

The problem/great thing about RCT is its vast range of appeal, from general gamers who just want to build ridiculous rollercoasters with no limits, to enthusiasts like us who want to create very realistic parks. Perhaps two game modes could be included to account for this.

I would love the new game to be much more realistic, especially when it comes to support work and scenery. At the moment the game is very restricted when it comes to placing rides near in-game scenery, and more importantly you are often forbidden from placing tracks near to each other when there is clearly sufficient clearance, which reduces realism. It would be great if they could incorporate all of the ideas and track/train variations provided by the makers of CS and CTR into the new game.

I would love to see official manufacturers involved in the game but I fear as this would probably paying license fees to B&M, Intamin etc it wouldn't be worth it for the developers as the vast majority of gamers wouldn't care and it would provide further complication.

I know that Vodhin and OldSpice and others are currently developing their own theme park game which aims to be very, very realistic, so that's worth a watch too.
[align=center]Santa Clara[/align]
A5H

As much as I love the construction sets of CS available for RCT3, I would love them to have a set of theming within the game which is very realistic :) Plenty of framework and cranes, supports, fences etc. Would be very useful :)
Doopy Dan

I would like free positioning of objects and rides, up to date catalogue of rides and attractions and lots of scenery ect.

Since RCT3, computer power has literally become thousands of times more powerfull so im sure we would get something special when and if it comes out.
[Archive]

Definitely more theming available. The ability to custom design scenery as part of the game, if possible? The scenery at the moment is either too limited or too specific. It isn't flexible. And being able to draw queuelines and pathways would be nice.

Also, better ride creation. Coasters should be more flexible. Adapting the track piece selection system, so that pieces are able to change angles and height to any decision, would be very good as an 'advanced' option. Flat rides should be more customisable, so no more unchangable colour patterns, theming items or fairground lights. Dark rides should have their own ride creation tool, so that you don't need to build warehouses youself using wall sets.

Very glad this [s:185yoahe]is[/s:185yoahe] might be happening!
Danny

Please please please Atari make this a reality [-o<

---- Post Info Added ----

Merlin Park scenarios ftw? Possibly the time where we can make perfect recreations of Nemesis and Air and possibly even Th13teen? :)
fredward

My idea would be a whole realistic concept, that will make the game alot more challenging and fun!,

Different modes can be done to sort different playstyles,

Sandbox: pretty much like it's in RCT3 (plus all the ideas like switching gride on/off)

realism: You design the ride using a ride designer, you highlight the area to be used and let your imagination run wild, add scenery ext. once your happy you then click make and little automated workers, build it up like in real life across a span of a game year (or more/less depending on the complexity of the ride) make it realistic starting with terraforming and foundations, then supports, then track, then scenery ext. The ride designer could be like no limits style of design, REAL freedom,

Ultra-realism: same as realism just add planning permission between the design and building steps, will make some fun challenges, from planning as strict as Alton to other easier areas!

As said before add seasons! The planning step could also be used to make buildings in a style like sims 3, so you could select from a database of textures to use, or even use your own, if you also use a building mechanism from spore, you could also "sculpt" your own objects in game/ in a game designing window!

Bit advanced but I think it'll be fun!

fredward
mattbailey

Thought of something else... the ability to add / remove trains without having to close the ride.
[-o<
Doopy Dan

Dont know if any of you know about this news that was released a few months ago. Its been also posted on ATA.
Sony Pictures Animation has pre-emptively picked up rights to the Atari video game "Rollercoaster Tycoon," and is developing the project as a live-action/CGI hybrid.

The "Tycoon" franchise, created by Chris Sawyer, is a popular series of computer games that simulate a combination of designing roller coasters and amusement park management. Each game challenges players with open-ended amusement park management and development while allowing them to construct and customize their own unique roller coasters.

The games are popular in the PC world, generating more than $300 million in sales and giving Atari bragging rights for having the third-best-selling PC title of all time in the U.S.
I wonder how this, if anything will effect the final game? Or if its even going to effect it one bit?

Original Source - [url=http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64C0GO20100513" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64C0GO20100513[/url]
Pennywise

RCT3 is the 3rd best selling PC game of all time in the US? I was under the impression that one of the reasons RCT4 wasn't being made was because RCT3 didn't sell well.

Anyway, what features would I like for RCT4? Fastrack, single rider and front/back row queues, update the coaster types, Eurofighters etc need adding and more people in the park and in queues.

:D
Mankey

This is good news, as I thought the idea was off completely.

What I'd like to see is a more realistic game, none of this cartoony crap! I'd like a real menu when choosing rides, sorted out by manufacturer, and then each individual design.

I would also like hotels to be an option, and seasons so you could perform such things like Halloween events, with temporary attractions.

A closed season would be awesome too, to give you time to build that new ride! :D
Back from hibernation!