RollerCoaster Tycoon 3

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
scw55

Does the launch track section have to be flat? Can it be sloped?
Danny

It can be a normal launch or a launched lift hill. The deadline is a week Sunday. Good luck :)
Danny

You have until this Sunday to get entries in :)
scw55

Name - Celeritas
Type & Manufacturer - Premier Rides/Maurer Söhne (I don't know which manufacturer would be the most realistic for this type of layout. Perhaps a collaboration? The in-game coaster type is a 2 seat across X Train)

Story The Human settlers of this desolate world have successfully obtain a source of water. Now, the humans are ready to expand. However the humans are lacking power. The existing dynamo helps power the "Water Extraction" machine, but it is insufficient to supply a whole settlement. A large generator was needed. Scraped from the remains of their ship, the Humans erected the Heart of their future. Its cold black steel stains the surface of the planet's rusty surface.

Aware that other wildlife may exist on this world, the humans were eager to protect their new monstrosity. Blood red laser fences (powered themselves by the object they protect) disintegrate those who stray too far.

The Humans' future looks optimistic. But one wonders, at who's cost?

Screenshots

POV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dilW9JH3xH0
Burniel

Oh, just remembered this! I have a coaster ready, I'll upload a POV tomorrow :)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Danny

This weeks challenge is now closed. All entries must have been submitted.
I shall review and evaluate and scores should be up tomorrow :)
scw55

Are you alright Danny?
Danny

Challenge 5: The Results
I do apologise for being so late in posting this, I honestly thought I had already done it! I am sorry for that. However here are the results!

SCW55- Celeritas
Thrill factor:4
Looks:2
Re-ride-ability:3
backstory:4
15 inversions :2
Top speed 65mph: 2
Launch: 2
Realistic:2
Intensity:4
Enjoyable:3
Theming /scenery:2
Total:30

SCW55- Challenge five I think has been the hardest yet and am really impressed at how well you have created this. I like how the ride seems to keep its speed and the launch is an interesting one. However I feel the scenery and theming was too overdone and there's a clash. I think sometimes a key theming feature (such as the marmaliser) can be just as effective. I like the tunnels but certain parts like the glass building with the Staffordshire knot was not needed and would have looked better being outdoor.
Overall I like the coaster a lot and most of the inversions were pulled off really well. One thing is to tone down the scenery. Well done!

I am noticing that the number of people taking part has decreased over the weeks so before I post another challenge I want to check if people are still up for taking part in this? If you would like another challenge please post below otherwise I may not bother if demand isn't high enough.
Thanks and well done SCW55.
Fish777

I tried to enter this time and last time, but honestly, some of these challenges aren't my kinda thing. I think some time, there should be a challenge to design a realistic coaster, that might be a thing for me!
scw55

I as always would be interested in taking part.

Perhaps with challenges, only have one restriction?
Having a single condition to fulfill is great as it's a starting block for someone to make something. Too many risks restricting ideas or even alienating.

Unfortunately I'm not a clairvoyant, so I don't know if this would make any bit of difference.
-
I tend to overdo the scenery because I see other people projects and they have a lot going on.
If I do a project with a lot of space I get critiqued for not having enough. So my response is add all the things.
Who knows? I might hit that sweet spot one day.
DrReeve

Is RCT 2 allowed?
Danny

RCT2 would unfortunately not work. This is because I require a POV of the ride and cannot be done in RCT2.
Rockstar

Sounds Fun But I Don't Know How To Install CS So I won't Do To Well
Danny

Rockstar wrote:Sounds Fun But I Don't Know How To Install CS So I won't Do To Well
There are many tutorials on Google and youtube. I'd recommend you learn and also to use CTR and CFR's as they give you much larger options for RCT3, it's almost like getting a new game when you first start downloading stuff, it's very exciting!
Rockstar

DannyG wrote:
Rockstar wrote:Sounds Fun But I Don't Know How To Install CS So I won't Do To Well
There are many tutorials on Google and youtube. I'd recommend you learn and also to use CTR and CFR's as they give you much larger options for RCT3, it's almost like getting a new game when you first start downloading stuff, it's very exciting!
Yea I Know I download Non-CS Parks Of RCTGO But I Can't Do CT'S Or CS'
Fish777

Rockstar wrote:
DannyG wrote:
Yea I Know I download Non-CS Parks Of RCTGO But I Can't Do CT'S Or CS'
Why can't you do CS or CTRs?
mattiepearce

I'll be up for the challenge!
Rockstar

I just Can't.Could You PM Me A Written One?
Fish777

Pm you a written what?
NickiFan

Rockstar wrote:I just Can't.Could You PM Me A Written One?

Want me to PM you how to install CS?