Project Nem 20.

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Capt.Barnacles

I've got mine on facebook, but it's a photo of the photo because I've not got a E-copy of it.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=173814202814549&set=t.100005579104416&type=3&theater
Just saying, It's a back row, far left seat photo.
Mace Windu

been working slowly on upping the details on ripsaw... the first version was ok but this will be much much better.

it will have completely custom textures too thanks to Chukensky.
Mace Windu

ripsaw is pretty much done in terms of the ride part... due to the high details it will be in 2 parts, the ride arm itself will be the CFR and then the supports and surrounding stuff will be CS...

here is a few shots to show the level of details that are in this...

Capt.Barnacles

Just one question, will you be making the saw blades on the weighted end look more like saw blades as opposed to the cog-like things they look like now? It's the only thing I can see on the main structure that remains to look realistic. Other than that this looks amazing!
Mace Windu

first test of animation in blender of ripsaw... having been shown the very basics of animation, iv so far managed this... its still rough and due to yet another crash of blender iv lost the flipping animations so will have to do them again... i have a problem though that it only lets me rotate 1000 degrees, but i need more and no idea why its doing that... any ideas on how to fix it would be greatly appriciated.

Mace Windu

2nd update to the animation tests...

Mace Windu

well, the first test of ripsaw is in game... which i think looks quite good...

untill pees sit on it...

and it moves...

lot of extra bits still need to be changed to get it right
Danny

Ahaha that's funny :lol: looks really good though
NickiFan

:lol: poor peeps must of got tired.

Anyways, wow, I really like this! I seriously can't wait for this, your projects are amazing.
Mace Windu

so.... after having been told after i had done everything that something as fundamental as the orientation on the axis was wrong which needed to be right from the very begining, this has meant that i have had to start the whole animation process again from scratch... this does mean however that i can refine the animation from the start which i guess is a good thing all be it a little demoallising that i do have to do it all over again.

this is though how much i have done so far, and IN GAME! it works this time! still does need refignment in places but its still progress.

Mace Windu

decided to have a test of the support structure with the ride itself, i think its come out quite well...

Danny

Very good. It looks so good. I noticed people only getting on the front row, is that because they were the only people in the queue at the time or a small problem?
Also will the ride sit in the grey ride area?
Mace Windu

that was just how it loaded, all seats will be filled on full loads. and yes all the main scenery are part of the park file which is how it will be released at first... at a later date, more customizable sets will be released.
Mace Windu

Dr.Kelham

coaster-inc wrote: Image
Now that is awesome :D
With thanks to lewis97 :)
lf2001

coaster-inc wrote: Image
Wow this looks great!  :D it's very realistic.
Danny

This looks brilliant. But the queue that you have made, will peeps actually be able to use it or will we have to use the in game queue?
Mace Windu

que line is usable by peeps :) it uses in game que in a zig zag patten which by studying the way peeps walk, they will just go a little side to side while going down the diagonal bit.
Danny

Sound excellent, do we have a definite release date yet??
Mace Windu

Sorry for the late reply, i wasn’t aware that the forum had become active again on a new place.... I’ll just update with what’s been going on... more bits and pieces have been made and imported, quite a few more pictures to show

so last that was shown was ripsaw working, that’s all done now so i thought i would have a try-out with theme park studio seeing as an early edition has now been released. It’s not going well so far with it though, even a rather basic import didn’t work as can be seen here, landscape and rocks in 2 parts, landscape was ok, rocks not so much

http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/RealTycoon3/media/2fail_zps6deb31da.jpg.html

http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/RealTycoon3/media/1fail_zps8bdf816f.jpg.html

With this test pretty much failing rather badly, this will push back the TPS release for the unforeseeable as who knows how long it will take for it to all be fixed and released...

So back to rct3, sub terra has been started, there’s only 1 pic so far as I’m not actually working on it, and it is being done by imaginer ben.

http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/RealTycoon3/media/ibenseggs_zpsf3c9c03e.jpg.html

The whole bottom chamber has been made, still needs egg textures.

Then once in game, this is an overview of how much has been imported so far plus a few tree details have been added to start building up the final release park file.

http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/RealTycoon3/media/2_zps0d002f8e.jpg.html

And finally 3 photos that I’m rather proud of how they have come out, which shows you the level of detail and how well this project will come out.

http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/RealTycoon3/media/testing_zpsca7f4dfd.jpg.html

http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/RealTycoon3/media/sunset2_zpse6e31327.jpg.html

http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/RealTycoon3/media/sunset_zps40c05f2c.jpg.html

Also bear in mind these are all unedited photos, they are straight out rct3 so :)

(sorry for only providing links, this new forum limits pictures to 900 pixles wide and i dont know how to make it so they will work)