Project Nem 20.

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Danny

Can we have a on ride pov of nemesis in rct3 soon please? I love following this project and would like to see what the ride is like? :)
Mace Windu

sorry for the very long time posting, not a great deal of work has taken place on this project over the past month what with christmas... still getting little bits here and there done, still hoping for the march release date...

as for a pov, that will be shown closer to the release date, want to keep the suspense up as much as possible...

and for those that have NL2... here is what it will look like when it gets released on that too...
Mace Windu

With the 20th anniversary of Nemesis approaching very fast, this project has started to get close to possibly not releasing at the date that I wanted, which was towards the end of March... so I thought I would show a very early preview of what things look like in the newly released No Limits 2.

This is by no means a reflection of what the final product will look like so please understand that there are a lot of unfinished areas, untextured sections, missing details and with the newly implemented NL2 lighting engine, I will add lights inside the station so it can be seen.

While walking I fell off the queue line due to it being really dark in that area, the lighting in NL2 though good, still suffers from the same shading issues as NL1 where objects come across a lot darker than they should, which means in time this project will hopefully optimised a little better to work with it.
Last edited by Mace Windu on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jevaaaans

Um, wow! This is so amazing, so accurate as well! I can't believe how amazingly real it looks! Especially from the entrance to the station, the loop is just perfection. I can't even begin to try and articulate any real words other than perfection :D
Mace Windu

Having got some greatly needed and appreciated help from someone (Boz), the extended part of Nemesis' queue line has been created... he did pretty much the whole queue line area, land and access roads, I just integrated it into the cleaner park file, sorted a little of the connections out and cleaned up some bits and pieces... he has done a great job don't you think?

Last edited by Mace Windu on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

So are we still looking at a mid march release?
Mace Windu

The release situation is a tricky one... IF! I get it all ready by this March then it could be released... but it would be only NL2 and RCT3 but not TPS as I doubt it will be out... then there is the fact that Alton Towers isn't doing anything for Nemesis' 20th but rather the 21st so do I hold out till then and release it on all 3 platforms in 1 go...

I'm still not sure if it will all get done by the time I do want it to be released due to being the only one that works on it... if I had a bit more of a team behind me then it would be easy... so right now I'm not sure what will happen.
Last edited by Mace Windu on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mace Windu

This is a plan layout of the areas that still need to be completed and worked on a lot...

As can be seen, there are quite a few areas that within their selves are not very large objects, but need a lot of attention to detail which can take quite a long time to put together. Parts that can be seen are things I'd consider passing out as mini projects for someone to work on, like for example the chip shop, I've got the shell made but none of the details inside so that would be up for grabs to be done. Or like the Ripsaw Refresh cafe building, again shell made no details.

Ripsaw and Blade have been shown as rides done so far but they are by far complete. All the queue lines still need to be created. Sky Ride building hasn't even been started, same with Sub Terra and I'm not sure what to do for the monorail yet. The brown marks on Nemesis are what I think are the queue lines but I need help in trying to find a definitive layout for them, and there is still a lot of landscaping still to be created too along with the station still needing a tonne of work on the outside and inside.

I wouldn't want to guess a percentage done so far because if I was to say something like only half way done then that looks bad and would be soooo much more work to do. 75% maybe but I dont think I'm that far to be honest but that might be me being pessimistic.
Last edited by Mace Windu on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mace Windu

With finally getting hold of a plan of the old queue line system from some great members on here, I have been able to produce this...

As can be seen, the queue really was huge in relation to what is left and used today... still needs all the fences putting up which will be the next update, will take quite a while to get them all up...
Last edited by Mace Windu on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mace Windu

first shot of the fence work... this took a lot longer than you would think so will take forever to get it all done...
lf2001

Wow this is the best recreation of Forbidden Valley I've ever seen!!
Dr.Kelham

I have to say the attention to detail on this is amazing!
With thanks to lewis97 :)
Mace Windu

A 2nd update of how well the queue line is coming along. It's very slow going but here is how much has been done so far and what it looks like with the rest of the coaster.

Last edited by Mace Windu on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mace Windu

Just an overview of the fencing situation so far...

All the posts are in for the bulk of the wood... can see how many panels are now needed to fill the gaps...
Last edited by Mace Windu on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mace Windu

Fencing is at about half way... got half more to go of the vertical pointy posts, then they all need to get the 2 cross bracing planks.

Last edited by Mace Windu on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mace Windu

first large scale in game test of the work done so far, well most of it... no where near the finished quality though as there isnt any smoothing on the land and its floating in the air rather than being dug down....

Mace Windu

secret footage recovered

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRvO8ovITR8
Last edited by Mace Windu on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Kelham

I have to say that looks insanely awesome :D
Mace Windu

Right, for those that want their own little part of this project but not actually do anything, I need 32 on ride photos and I'd like them to be of real people throughout Nemesis's 20yrs so if you have one and want to be apart of this, then send me them and I will put them as part of the photo booth screen.
Last edited by Mace Windu on Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Kelham

Why is it that I do not own an orp for nemmy :(