Project Nem 20.

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Danny

Amazing as usual :)
Mace Windu

jackandylan123 wrote:looking absolutely incredible! may be being picky, but the exit to the barrel roll on air seems a bit weird compared to the actual ride, something that can be ignored I know, just wondering whether it will be changed slightly as it's not finished yet :)
the exit of the roll i guess is a little wide, but the problem comes also from where the brake run has to be in relation to it, to have the station straight means the brake run is straight so to try and get enough room between the brake run, the roll exit and the flips exit, it had to be stretched a tiny bit more than what would be considered as 100% real... it does stick out quite abit right now coz its obvious, but once it has the supports on and more of the area is built up around it, it should blend in.
Mace Windu

the exit to the roll has now been changed to be slightly tighter... can see it has a better relative position to the brake run and store shed which has also been put in.

Danny

Woooow I see transfer track and the second station has been added also! Will both stations work or will the right one be just for looks?
Mace Windu

and most of the supports are now done, there are still 3 that need connected to the track and 2 more adding

as for 2nd station working... no.... rct is just too hard to work with to get 2 stations to work right, i tried before with manta and it was just a laggy crashing mess so not worth doing... it will hold a spare train just like it does most of the time in real life and you will "use the left hand lane for your flight"
Jack

you did try a double station with Manta didn't you? kinda failed from what I remember :P
Mace Windu

working on the drop area today.... trying to get the fencing, rocks, path, seating area and path is quite hard in this space as it is very small area with a lot of changes...

Danny

Looking great! Although I'm not liking the look of the weather ;)
Mace Windu

take a seat

Dr.Kelham

Oh my I wish I was that good at sketchup :( it's looking awesome though :)
With thanks to lewis97 :)
Mace Windu

decided to make a quick video showing just how this looks when you dont see all the bad stuff

awsomelycoolboy

xD project Nem 20/21. I love how it's coming along.
NemesisRider

Same here. This is a work of art!

Is X sector next on the list? :lol
Mace Windu

the next bit that ill do is probably going to be the dark forest... seeing as i already have a rita made, would be nice to tie it in... which will then lead on to the towers themselves which are being created by my best mate, we took every measurement we could from the towers with a lazer so could make it perfect... so yeah that will be something quite special.
awsomelycoolboy

Wow. How crazy would it be to make Alton Towers. An exact copy, precise to the centimetre. All custom scenery and everything. I could watch that all day. Would probably be able to make it in ThemeParkStudio, possibly No-Limits2. RollerCoasterTycoon3 could work.. But isn't there a problem with stations being at an angle? I would say NoLimits2 is your best bet. In NoLimits2 you can also add tracks which can move. Perfect for multiple stations and ride sheds.
Danny

awsomelycoolboy wrote:Wow. How crazy would it be to make Alton Towers. An exact copy, precise to the centimetre. All custom scenery and everything. I could watch that all day. Would probably be able to make it in ThemeParkStudio, possibly No-Limits2. RollerCoasterTycoon3 could work.. But isn't there a problem with stations being at an angle? I would say NoLimits2 is your best bet. In NoLimits2 you can also add tracks which can move. Perfect for multiple stations and ride sheds.
ACB, Coasterinc uses No limits for all he's CTR's and CT's. He's like a professional with using no limits tracks and converting them in to RCT3 as a CT. I'm sure all the ideas you've suggested he is already incredibly familiar with, if not done them already. Also, you say RCT3 could work, when this whole project is being made for RCT3! Some of the updates are actually in RCT3. I'm sure the overall plan is to recreate AT, but it couldn't be done with no limits, as even that has its limits ;)
awsomelycoolboy

Didn't you say RCT is dodgy with stations being at an angle?
Danny

awsomelycoolboy wrote:Didn't you say RCT is dodgy with stations being at an angle?
Hence why CoasterInc uses no limits and sketch up to make the coasters, then import them in to RCT3.
awsomelycoolboy

I know that, but doesn't he have to make the stations on a straight otherwise the operate funny, or don't really interact well with the terrain.
Danny

If you'd like to know more, or have a question for CoasterInc I'd recommend PM'ing him as he will be notified via email and may be able to answer your questions quicker. He's a busy guy! :)