NoLimits 1 & 2

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Jack

Buschgardensfan wrote: Sorry, can't access youtube, what is it? And if possible, could you maybe post some screenshots of the video showing anything of interest or importance? Cheers.
It shows off the Mack Megacoaster which was the last coaster to be announced for NL2 for the release :)

The new NL2 website is here: http://www.nolimitscoaster.com/020NoLimits2/index.php

The demo has been released and the full game will be released in a few hours :D (but not on MAC! :x)
Last edited by Jack on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Instant Mix

Roughly an hour ago, the purchase and demo links for NL2 were released.

BUY HERE
NL2 costs £30.70 and is 625 odd MB so it may take a while depending on where you live.
Instant Mix

I'm assuming nobody has bought it then?

The most major change IMO between NL1 and NL2 is the actual track creation. Instead of using nodes that tween between each other, it now uses a totally different system by tweening in the middle of nodes, rather than between them

surprisingly this makes hand building rides INCREDIBLY easy as there are virtually NO pumps in the tracks.
Another interesting thing is that track style, type and rotation and handled using nodes rather than segments ( this makes life a hell of a lot easier).
it allows you to put catwalks and such on normal track, and the roll nodes even have a "no lateral G" option, allowing your coasters to be as smooth as you wish.

Loving it so far, it's certainly different to NL1.

You also have to "Freeze" tracks in order for supports, tunnels, and other stuff to be drawn. You can still test the coaster in wireframe mode however
Before Freezing
after freezing.

It's well worth the £30 guys
Last edited by Instant Mix on Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Capt.Barnacles

I'm getting the pro version for my birthday (a month tomorrow), and my best friend's already got it. We converted my Smiler recreation into NL2 and OH MY GOD is it awesome.
Danny

Can I ask, is the professional really needed. Like can someone tell me what I could use on the pro that I couldn't on the normal one? I've seen the website comparison but not too sure what that means. Thanks :)
Instant Mix

DannyG wrote: Can I ask, is the professional really needed. Like can someone tell me what I could use on the pro that I couldn't on the normal one? I've seen the website comparison but not too sure what that means. Thanks :)
Don't get pro. There is literally no reason to get pro.

There are only 4 things that pro does that standard doesn't ( for the extra $40)
1. Allows you to "lock" your park ( so people don't unfreeze your coaster and see how you did it )
2. Allows you to change friction settings on rides (dunno why you'd want to do this )
3. Allows you to take super hi-res screenshots (as in hilariously high resolution, suitable for wall graphics)
4. Allows you to take super hi-res videos

Unless you have an extreme need to do the above, don't get pro. It's not worth the extra $40 for a couple more features.

Some screenshots of my dive machine:

JAMMYD777

I finally, after hours of trawling through coding, managed to make a custom scripted coaster to include a backwards reversing section. The ride is inspired by both Juvelen and Thirteen and a test POV can be seen below. Now to work out how to script scene objects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiQKjahZmO8#ws
SW7:
Joshysqaushy

JAMMYD777 wrote: I finally, after hours of trawling through coding, managed to make a custom scripted coaster to include a backwards reversing section. The ride is inspired by both Juvelen and Thirteen and a test POV can be seen below. Now to work out how to script scene objects.

Do you know how to make a backwards launch?? im trying to make a recreation in NL2 of this coaster...
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER:
UPDATES: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 8&start=40
Instant Mix

Joshysqaushy wrote:
JAMMYD777 wrote: I finally, after hours of trawling through coding, managed to make a custom scripted coaster to include a backwards reversing section. The ride is inspired by both Juvelen and Thirteen and a test POV can be seen below. Now to work out how to script scene objects.

Do you know how to make a backwards launch?? im trying to make a recreation in NL2 of this coaster...
Josh, look at the scripts for the wooden coaster in the "Script Park". That coaster launches back at a speed - i'm sure you can tinker it to suit your needs.
Danny

Is having a ride launch forwards, then halfway through launch backwards hard on no limits 2?
Instant Mix

DannyG wrote: Is having a ride launch forwards, then halfway through launch backwards hard on no limits 2?
well that entirely depends on how you want to go about it.
The answer to your question though, is "learn to script".
if you mean launch backwards halfway, like Full Throttle, then you'll need to make a script that will activate and deactive a brake / transport segment when certain triggers are hit.
If you mean just a general backwards launch, I've no idea. But you'll be able to script it in.
JAMMYD777

Joshysqaushy wrote:

As Instant Mix has said, you will need to take a look at the script used with the Script Park included with NL2. I had not even touch coding or programming before NL2 and I just had a fiddle about and retyping of some of the code to suit the coaster I wanted. It looks like a mess of letters and numbers at first although you can easily make out the majority of what it is trying to say. :)
SW7:
Instant Mix

Jammy, you are the guy working on Nemesis' smiler recreation aren't you? Thought I recognized your name on NLE
Last edited by Instant Mix on Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JAMMYD777

Yes, that is me. I can't believe how detailed Nemesis94 has gone on that recreation.
SW7:
Capt.Barnacles

I've got my Smiler rec being redone right now in NL2. I've finished the marmaliser, the pit, and the track. I'm working on most of the supports in the pit now. :moj
JAMMYD777

My latest NoLimits 2 creation. Loosely based off the Back Lot Stunt Coasters, Juvelen and TH13TEEN. :P

SW7:
RollercoasterGEEK100

THAT COASTER IS AMAZING!

Credit to NemesisRider
DrReeve

JAMMYD777 wrote:My latest NoLimits 2 creation. Loosely based off the Back Lot Stunt Coasters, Juvelen and TH13TEEN. :P

Great coaster and theming and it doesnt try to be something its not. I like the backwards launch!
NemesisRider

I have recently acquired NL 2 and have been having some great fun with it. I will add pictures of my creations here.

For my first picture, here is Meltdown, a B&M invert and my first proper NL creation.

I hope you enjoy looking at my work. :)
Capt.Barnacles

I've seen a lot of people finding problems/getting stuck in NL2 that need help so this is a thread for people who are having any problems to ask about them, and myself or any other experienced users can help you!