RollerCoaster Tycoon 2

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
jamesc

Does anyone know any dedicated RCT2 websites that are still active.

Ones with Real Park downloads would be good.

Thanks.
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
Blizzard

Yep, heres one for ya! [url=http://www.thevirusentertainment.nl/RCT2/volledig.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.thevirusentertainment.nl/RCT2/volledig.htm[/url] :D
Its the biggest RCT2 running website there is! :mrgreen:

Credit To SIMR for the signature & Avatar.
.Will

I got most of my inspiration for Green Wood from here here.

Some epic designs but no real parks I am afraid!

:)
Airtime

I'm not sure there's much interest in RCT2 or LL here at TTF but I thought I'd contribute something here since I think some of you might like it.

If you don't know about NEDesigns and are interested in RCT, head over there. It's the best place for RCT2 and LL.

I'm not sure any of my other RCT will interest anyone but this park is based on Thorpe Park, obviously. This is NOT a recreation just HEAVILY inspired.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Tidal Wave

Added in 2000 Tidal Wave was one of Tussauds' first major investments into Thorpe Park and has been decimating Amity Cove for over a decade now. When Tidal Wave was installed it was the highest, fastest and most thrilling ride at Thorpe Park. Nowadays it compliments the parks other thrill offerings. However, it's not hard to see why Tidal Wave remains a favorite as another 16 riders take on the challenge!

Samurai

"Samurai is about to begin, keep your head back and brace yourself for the force of the mighty warrior."

Samurai,one of the most intense flat rides in existence made the jump from Chessington in 2004 and has been providing Thorpe Parks unique brand of thrills ever since.

Stealth

"Place your heads back, hold on tight"

Dominating the Thorpe park skyline, Stealth is a 150 foot launch rollercoaster that pushes your body to 70 miles per hour in less then two seconds.

Stealth may be Thorpe Park's shortest ride but its impact will last longer then any other ride.

______________________________________________________________________________________

After more than 2 solid months of construction the pace has dropped. The park's been at a standstill for a the past 2 weeks. There's a lot done and it's probably around 40% complete at year 200. Currently there's 2 blackholes around X:/No Way Out which is quite annoying.
Yeezus just rose again!
Pennywise

Not a recreation? Looks like one to me! :P And a really good one at that. Have to love RCT2, not enough people use it nowadays, and I personally prefer it to RCT3.
Joshysqaushy

[quote="Airtime"]
Dominating the Thorpe park skyline, Stealth is a 150 foot launch rollercoaster that pushes your body to 70 miles per hour in less then two seconds.

isnt stealth 205ft tall?  :shock:
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER:
UPDATES: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 8&start=40
Airtime

^
Airtime wrote: This is NOT a recreation just HEAVILY inspired.
;)

D4N, I completely agree. RCT3 is ugly as hell. There's still a lot of people play RCT2 and even RCT1 LL. If you want more RCT that's not number 3:
http://www.nedesigns.com/forums/
Yeezus just rose again!
Airtime

Thanks for the replies guys :)

Two screens from NEDesigns' recent Fiesta

Amity Cove, is a New England fishing village with some areas devastated by a huge wall of water, commonly known as Tidal Wave! The area doubled in size in 2006 with the addition of Stealth. You will find some of Tussaud's finest themeing here within the area that dates back to 2000 when Tidal Wave was opened.

Here's a teaser of Colossus:

If there was a dictionary definition for Thorpe Park, the first word used would be 'Colossus' as it represents everything that the modern day park represents. It's high, it's fast, it's thrilling and as a ride that spingboarded Thorpe Park into the eyes of the general public, it has a fierce reputation.

If anyone says Colossus doesn't have the correct layout, inspired not a recreation
Yeezus just rose again!
Rob
Admin
Admin

Wow love it. Will this be available for download when complete?
TheDarkStar

The best RCT2 park that I have seen in a while.
TheAltonTowersProject

Hi guys, just thought I'd start by saying I'm new to the forum, I literally joined up seconds before starting this topic. To make a long story short, I decided to get out the old RCT 2 disk, and start making some coasters. One thing led to another, and I ended up recreating Alton Towers' Nemesis. This gave me an idea, I decided (attempted!) to recreate Alton Towers. It may now sound like the most ambitious project mankind has ever embarked on, but I wanted to use as little custom scenery in the process. Although I love a nice park where the custom scenery is done perfectly, I just feel that too much makes the park look too 'plastic', and can take away the basic properties a classic RCT park has.

Anyway, the reason why I'm making this topic is for 2 reasons. Firstly, I've made a very basic concept of Forbidden Valley using the original Nemesis I began recreating, and was hoping a few people wouldn't mind taking a look at it, letting me know where I could improve. Or just pay me a lot of compliments, your choice. If that's the case, I will post a couple of pictures for all to see.

I'm also curious as to whether you would want me to carry on the project given my current progress. I'm sorry for making you read an entire essay, but this project has meant a lot to me lately so I'd really enjoy any feedback. If you have any questions about literally anything, about myself or the project, I'm ready to answer! As I said, I'll post a couple of pictures of the project so far if enough people care to see them!

Thanks guys!
TheAltonTowersProject

Just thought I'd say that I'll upload some pictures at about 5 o'clock.  :D
TheAltonTowersProject

So far this is my first version of Nemesis, including the station and short queue. I'm leaving out all the foliage that you would see behind Nemesis until the end.

My first version of Air. The layout is very tricky due to RCT's restrictions, which means I have to balance out the layout of the ride, as well as the proportions of the park.

Let me know what you think! Thanks.
Last edited by TheAltonTowersProject on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheAltonTowersProject

Not able to work on the park tonight, so I should have some more progress done by tomorrow night. In the meantime, I'm posting a couple more pictures!

Please let me know what you think, I'd really appreciate some feedback and a second opinion.

The Blade and surroundings.

Progress on Air.
RollercoasterGEEK100

I can barely see the pictures...  :x

Credit to NemesisRider
TheAltonTowersProject

Have you clicked on them? :)
Altitude

For RCT2 your park is incredibly accurate! Keep up the good work!  :D
Toborg123

Wow, for RCT2 that is very good!
TheAltonTowersProject

Altitude wrote: For RCT2 your park is incredibly accurate! Keep up the good work!  :D
Thank you so much!

I'm hoping by tonight I can have the queue for Air finished, and a basic model of the station done too.

I think if I push it, then I may even be able to finish all of Forbidden Valley, which will be great, but leaves me with a question...

Which section of the park should I do next? At the moment, I am just creating basic 'concept' versions of each area, with Forbidden Valley being the first. After, I will simply measure the size of each area, and simply put them together to form the final park. Then I'll just polish up on some areas, and it will be done! (Woot woot) So yeah; it'd mean the world to me if I got some more feedback and a few more ideas with the park. Let me know which area to start next and I should have a couple more pictures up tonight!
Jack

TheAltonTowersProject wrote:
Altitude wrote: For RCT2 your park is incredibly accurate! Keep up the good work!  :D
Thank you so much!

I'm hoping by tonight I can have the queue for Air finished, and a basic model of the station done too.

I think if I push it, then I may even be able to finish all of Forbidden Valley, which will be great, but leaves me with a question...

Which section of the park should I do next? At the moment, I am just creating basic 'concept' versions of each area, with Forbidden Valley being the first. After, I will simply measure the size of each area, and simply put them together to form the final park. Then I'll just polish up on some areas, and it will be done! (Woot woot) So yeah; it'd mean the world to me if I got some more feedback and a few more ideas with the park. Let me know which area to start next and I should have a couple more pictures up tonight!
I think you should do 'Dark Forest next