RollerCoaster Tycoon 2

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
garfield3gs

great news fingers crossed !
TheAltonTowersProject

So I've been flirting with the idea of starting my own projects alongside Alton Towers, however I know that AT needs my full commitment so I've had to stay focused. Maybe after I can post my own content, I'm not sure.

Anyway, I hope you have a great weekend. I hope to get some more updates up for tomorrow night at the latest.

Since I worked with Oblivion I decided I'll have a little play with The Smiler.

I just need to tackle a vertical lift-hill somehow and that'd give me the best I'm going to get for The Smiler to be honest.
garfield3gs

i think that is a great start for the smiler. for the vlift color the track like you have and use 8 cars trainer to make that a vlift, if your unsure how to do this jump over to NE and there will be a tutorial
TheAltonTowersProject

I've been looking around the forum lately and I've really enjoyed seeing ideas for the future of Alton Towers and thinking about how these future ideas can be placed in my Alton Towers recreation to give us an idea of what it could be like.

For example, I love the idea of building a wooden coaster in the park just to see what it could/would look like if it were to actually ever happen. It's a shame because I wanted to do a competition last year to see what future projects people would add, but because I didn't have time for the project it lost interest.

Anyway, no picture updates yet. I've been faffing around with a few small details and I don't want to be posting the same pictures over and over.

But lastly I want to ask a question. When this park is complete, which area would you alter first with your own ideas? Whether it be for the next SW or just your own imagination.
Dr.Kelham

Which area would I alter first? I would either look at the installation of the cross valley or the replacement for the flume :)
With thanks to lewis97 :)
DrReeve

Dr.Kelham wrote:Which area would I alter first? I would either look at the installation of the cross valley or the replacement for the flume :)
Id go and sort out dark forest get some theming for rita or remove it and make a new better one :D
TheAltonTowersProject

Dr.Kelham wrote: Which area would I alter first? I would either look at the installation of the cross valley or the replacement for the flume :)
They're certainly the two most on my mind! I'm going to try and make some space behind Air for the car park too. That could be the home of a new coaster if you believe in the rumours.
DrReeve wrote: Id go and sort out dark forest get some theming for rita or remove it and make a new better one :D
Normally I'd agree, but as it stands Dark Forest is one of the better parts of my recreation so I'm not keen on altering anything, yet.
TheAltonTowersProject

Not much progress, but admittedly I do keep finding myself adding to this, slowly...

I'm just stuck now. I either finish X-Sector after I've done Mutiny Bay, or I go straight for the entrance and that'll complete the entire eastern side of the park, meaning I could potentially start putting all the sections together.
Katherine

Looks awesome! I think you should finish off the entrance and start putting the pieces together, then go off to finish the sections which need finishing.
garfield3gs

would have to agree with katherine, do towers street and then put it all together, then you can work on the little added bits. keep up the great work
DrReeve

Looking great still! Id say complete the eastern side of the park
Image credit to Lewis97
garfield3gs

just thought i would drop in and see if you have any updates for us mate?

also i have been given permission to use this photo from NE from the user, although it isnt a rec it was heavely inspired by the smiler! might give you chance to have another look at your version of the smiler.

garfield
TheAltonTowersProject

This is my layout for The Flume.

It's one of the very few rides I've not actually been on (Shocking, I know) so had to base the layout off of aerial views and POVs. Does this look accurate?
TheAltonTowersProject

So just to clarify, I am going to be working on this.

I have time from now until July and from then on I'm not sure what is happening, but until then I will be visiting this daily. As for updates I can't say. The work I've done on this since I came back has more been myself noting things that will change rather than me building.

I can honestly say that if I were to work on this until I personally felt it was done then it would never be completed in my lifetime, simply because with Alton Towers and RCT especially, I see something I want to change every where until I think it looks perfect.

Instead of creating my own work where I build it to my level, it is a recreation, so it has to be as close to the real thing as possible.

This project was in full-flow a good few months back, and without sounding a bit arrogant I want to turn this back in to a bit of a showpiece to this forum, which I know it can.
garfield3gs

welcome back! hope that picture i posted will help you regarding the smiler!

keep going with this you will get there....

garfield
TheAltonTowersProject

Cheers mate!

Yeah that picture is interesting and certainly makes me look at things differently now.

I'll post more updates as and when I see fit as right now it's more about me finding more creative confidence in myself.
garfield3gs

any update ? really am waiting for this project to come together. so excited to see the finished item !
TheAltonTowersProject

Even though nobody will remember this...

I have big news coming here!
TheAltonTowersProject

So just an announcement, this project is being finished!

Currently there isn't a good Alton Towers recreation for RCT2, so therefore this will be it.

I will use all CSO for the park to make it perfect down to the last bin placement. How long will it take? No idea. But given my work already I have a very good foundation to go from.

I've done some quick measurements and I think I now know exactly where the Alton Towers entrance should be.

My biggest fear is using up all of the object data possible in the park so I will have to be efficient.

I will also be talking to one or two more experienced park builders in RCT2 to ensure that my park reaches the high standards that it deserves.
GregC

Hi,

Just wondering if this project is still on going? Been 'lurking' here for about a month and am really excited to see the final product O:)