RollerCoaster Tycoon 2

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
TheAltonTowersProject

I won't forget, don't worry! It always plays on my mind... if I ever get a chance to finish, I'll take it. Unfortunately given the career path I'm taking, it may not happen.

Either way, I had so much fun on the forum.
garfield3gs

Pass your project on to someone? maybe worth a thought ? Or pass it over to a number of people then when they are finished send it to you and you pick the better one to release worth a thought !

Hope you like the idea!

garfield :moj
Last edited by garfield3gs on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheAltonTowersProject

It's a very Simon Cowell style idea.  ;)

But when I started this project my main aim was to finish the project. I'm going to fulfill that, eventually. Don't expect anything to happen over-night though!
garfield3gs

haha!

i understand, good luck with it and will keep checking back on progress when there is some

garfield
TheAltonTowersProject

God I wish I could get this done!

So yes, that is my attempt. I have until February to get something done here, that's my aim! Not saying it will be finished, but I certainly want to look at things and get myself in the mood to finish it. I've been so busy lately that I've simply not had time to do it!

If anyone's interested in this project, let me know!  :D
LoopyDan

I'm interested, I enjoyed all the old updates :)
TheAltonTowersProject

LoopyDan wrote: I'm interested, I enjoyed all the old updates :)
Thanks! It's a shame, I had a really good following on this, just a shame my life got in the way! Would be great to get this back to the 'glory days'! The fact that this didn't even get '10,000' views also makes me want to carry on Haha
Danny

Yes! Please continue!
garfield3gs

Keep going with the project! You know I have always followed!
Last edited by garfield3gs on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheAltonTowersProject

Hi guys, so I'm going to try and get a bit more of this done in my spare time, however only for a couple of weeks!

I'm going to post a few pictures to get everyone up to speed of where I am/was.

Rita

Air

Nemesis

Rapids

RAMT

Mutiny Bay

Just a quick reminder that none of this is a finished product and when it comes to putting it all together I'll add even more detail to each area.
Last edited by TheAltonTowersProject on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack

Really like the look of this TATP :)
mattiepearce

I'm so happy that you have restarted the project again! Keep up the hard work! :D
Fish777

Yay you're back!! Looks better than I remember! Never played rct2, but looking at some other stuff, this looks amazing for the limitations of it :d
garfield3gs

wow amazing screens! keep going looks better and better! RCT2 <3 cannot wait to get my hands on this !
TheAltonTowersProject

Am I back? Who knows...

Anyway!

I decided to make a quick mock-up of Oblivion. Even though its obviously a very simple layout, it causes serious complications in RCT. Bearing in mind the layout is basically a large triangle I think I've found the right method. However it's likely to change once I've added the station, paths and the rides surrounding it. Anyway, that's not my concern at the minute...

This is the progress made in Mutiny Bay. I'm a bit stuck with Battle Galleons, simply because the ride type and layout aren't very compatible with RCT 2 and what I'm capable of doing. Any ideas?
Fish777

Looks nice
Danny

Welcome back! So glad to see this being updated again :)
I'd say leave it, don't make something that makes your park less realistic, just leave the lake empty :)
TheAltonTowersProject

DannyG wrote:Welcome back! So glad to see this being updated again :)
I'd say leave it, don't make something that makes your park less realistic, just leave the lake empty :)
That's not the worst idea actually, I might leave it until later at least. I think the area will look a bit bare with the lake empty so I'm eager to have the ride there! But obviously I don't want it to look terrible. Like I said, I might leave it until the end or maybe even leave it until I make the final version. I'll have more time then and I'll have more custom scenery to use!
garfield3gs

Welcome back ! great to see you updating again! as for Battle Galleons why not try "amazing earls jungle cruise boats" ? with lots of water effects, i think with abit of time it could look really good. i could have a look at doing something for you along these lines. anyway again great update and keep up your amazing work !
TheAltonTowersProject

Hopefully I'll make some progress tonight, I could even have an update!