Theme Park Gaming Quick Questions

For all Planet Coaster, NoLimits, RCT and other gaming software related discussion.
Anonymous

Hi me again!

Ive just got my new game from amazon. i know the basics but do i need to put places in so my staff can rest, i asked before but i got no answers. please help if you can

thanks!

kez. [-o<
DiogoJ42

Staff don't need to rest! But they will start dossing if you don't train them to the full level. :lol:
Danzaw*nk

Does anyone know if you can take screenshots of RCT3 on Mac as I got a park going I quite like. Couldn't find anything on google so thought i'd ask :)
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
DiogoJ42

on a PC you take a snap by pressing F10.
To get rid of the icons, name a guest 'David Walsh', the you can toggle the icons on and off using 'Ctrl+U'.
Alex

Does anyone know where I could get the most up to date alton towers park for, the old but still rocks, rollercoaster tycoon 2?
Gloomy Dude

I downloaded the No Limits demo last night, with a view to getting the whole thing soon. However, I don't have the first clue about how to start building a coaster. It's insane. Could anyone point me in the direction of a nice basic internet tutorial. I know it's full of complexities but just the basics would be great.
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
Mankey

Basically... the views are supposed to be like what blueprints look like. You have Overhead and side views, you click on each bit to view it at a different angle.

At first it seems very VERY strange, but you get used to it very quickly.

My tip to you would be to read through the online manual and then just experiment :) you get better over time!
Back from hibernation!
Gloomy Dude

Cheers. I found a series of Youtube tutorials, but can't watch them at the moment, being at work and all. I'll have a look when I get home. It's quite intimidating, seeing what some people can do with the software. Especially the first time you see the interface.
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
BULBOUS

If you haven't tried it out yet, try the included one. It's basic, but it might help! Just go to the help menu, choose help, and have a look around that manual. :D
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.
Michaél

[quote=""Gloomy Dude""]Cheers. I found a series of Youtube tutorials, but can't watch them at the moment, being at work and all. I'll have a look when I get home. It's quite intimidating, seeing what some people can do with the software. Especially the first time you see the interface.[/quote]

It is a lot easier just to have a play around with it at first. Tutorials for complex things like No Limits can confuse you even more. :P That is the best way to get the hang of the game. If you get stuck with anything post in this topic or send me a PM with your problem. You will get the hang of it in the end. :D
sam07

Perhaps I'm making this up;

I was convinced there was a rollercoaster that had spinning wheels for going uphill as a boost; like at the launch on this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiwCDLx4OMg

What coaster is that ^

Cheers,
Sam
Last edited by sam07 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russell

That I beleive is the Storm Runner coaster with some custom scenery items for the wheels. However the Extended Coaster from the Wild expansion pack has a launched lift hill piece, like you are describing above. Hope that helps?
:D
Since April 2008
DiogoJ42

[-o< Does anyone know what they're doing with Custom Flat Rides? I've tried putting them into the
C:Program FilesAtariRollerCoaster Tycoon 3StyleCustom
folder and they show up in the game... but crash as soon as I click on them! ](*,)

(I have RCT3 + Soaked! and Wild!, not RCT3 Platenum... does this make a difference?)
Russell

That shouldn't make a difference. You created the custom folder? Also unlike the CS that has to be only 'one folder deep' if you see what I mean, CFR have to have a couple of folders. Its hard to describe what I mean :x

When I get on my laptop later I'll take a couple of screenshots.
Since April 2008
DiogoJ42

I didn't have a custom folder, so I created one... just like the readme said to. Is there another folder that needs stuff (like the way CTRs have 'tracks' and 'cars')?

The CFRs I'm trying to use are the Castle Madhouse, Screamin' Swing, Simulator and Pirate Ship.
Russell

Ok here is a screen shot of how they should go. I've used the pirate ship as an example but all CFR have a similar set up with amount of folders etc.

The first time I tried I made the mistake of taking them out of the first folder and that crashed the game for me.

Is that any help at all? :?
Since April 2008
DiogoJ42

Thanks Russ... although unfortunately that's exactly where I've put them... :roll:
I'll try re-downloading just in case.

BTW... I'm using XP not vista. dunno if that has anything to do with it?
Russell

Hmm could have I guess, not too sure though. Sorry can't be of any more help :(
Since April 2008
DiogoJ42

T'is ok buddy, at least I know I've put them in the right place. I had one of those 'mass downloading' sessions... Must have had about 50 CSO packs to add, plus those CFRs. So it's possible I cocked up while unzipping to a USB stick and transferring to my games PC. That's a lot of room for error! :lol:
Johno

When I learnt to use NoLimits, I first learned with:

[url=http://www.coaster-net.com/editorialsan ... orialid=21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.coaster-net.com/editorialsan ... orialid=21[/url]

It was brilliant, and just described everything that was happening.

There are 2 other tutorials on that site.