General Forum Discussion

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Roodlesnouter

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:Right I had enough of the forum now. I'm clicking on topics thats not been updated since the last time I checked. It really needs to list the date the last post was posted and not when the topic was started. Too you think this is important to add to the forums I won't be back. Good luck in the full design and all the best.
A million apologies, the last post was posted date feature is currently unavailable, however The Towers Times Forums has over 50 amazing improvements and features which are open for our visitors to enjoy. :D
Dom

Roodlesnouter wrote: however The Towers Times Forums has over 50 amazing improvements and features which are open for our visitors to enjoy. :D
Can we possibly get a list of all of the amazing improvements and features? This way no one will miss any
bensaund

I just prefer the old forum TBH, I find I use it less now it is in it's new form.

The new forum just seem to have lots of empty space compared to other forums. I am sure a different template/skin would make the difference. I also know lots of hard work has gone into it too.

For me it is like the difference between Windows 7 and Windows 8.
jon18uk

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:Right I had enough of the forum now. I'm clicking on topics thats not been updated since the last time I checked. It really needs to list the date the last post was posted and not when the topic was started. Too you think this is important to add to the forums I won't be back. Good luck in the full design and all the best.
Yes this. The old forum had nice bright orange NEW logos on topics with new posts. I find it very hard to spot which topics have new posts on the new design. There are so many different types and colours of icon squares next to forum posts I can't tell what is new.
haydn!

Not sure if its just me, but the forum guidelines and exclusive members area links on the left navigation bar don't work.

The recent changes have just emphasised how dated the logo font appears. The actual TT icon is still cool, maybe try that on it's own? Or at the very least check the image quality as the text looks fuzzy. The former lowercase towerstimes logo was much more current...
Chris
Admin
Admin

We've improved the navigation tonight, so the orange 'new' icons for latest posts have returned, and the topic titles are now clickable on the main page instead of having to click the small icon.

We still need to add this functionality to the main page when displaying on a phone.
Danny

This is so much better and is starting to make the page more pleasing on the eye. Get some more colour on there!!
onair

Thanks for making these last post link changes, it really is easier to browse now.
If the background image was replaced with a TowersTimes blue it would be easier on the eye on a larger monitor ;)
Chris
Admin
Admin

The above phone issue is now resolved too.
BenBowser

Whooo, back with Tapatalk!! :D
Chris
Admin
Admin

You beat me to it, Tapatalk is now working!

There are still a few minor issues that we are working on, but the functionality of the previous forum has now been restored - thanks for your patience.
Dr.Kelham

Baffles wrote:You beat me to it, Tapatalk is now working!

There are still a few minor issues that we are working on, but the functionality of the previous forum has now been restored - thanks for your patience.
Swear functionality came back a couple of days ago O.o been using it all this time?
With thanks to lewis97 :)
Joshysqaushy

I like the new design but I miss the thanks button :(
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER:
UPDATES: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 8&start=40
Ladyofthelake

Joshysqaushy wrote:I like the new design but I miss the thanks button :(
A new thanks/reputation system is currently being looked at :)
Balb0wa

cant say i like the new forum look, its hard to see where the new posts are , they don't highlight like they used to.
Chris
Admin
Admin

The new forum has the same features regarding new posts as the old one.
BenBowser

Any chance of increasing the width of the shoutbok type bar, so easier to read whilst typing on mobiles?

Cheers. :)
Burniel

BenBowser wrote:Any chance of increasing the width of the shoutbok type bar, so easier to read whilst typing on mobiles?

Cheers. :)
On PC, the shoutbox type bar automatically extends to fit the amount of text. I'm not sure if this is the same on mobile, however.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Mike

Have to say - I'm not the biggest fan of the redesign...

Whilst I don't post on here much anymore I do still read the forum on occasion, and for me the redesign is just too 'blocky'.

A few constructive points:

- The top menu bar (on both the site and forums) just looks a tad bland - whilst I can see where you're going with the minimalist look, it just lacks any real spark. It is also rather large considering the sparseness (yes, it collapses when I scroll down, but a big blue bar with not much on it and disproportionate logo and icon sizes doesn't really appeal to me....)

- The background image, whilst faded, also looks pixellated and of bad quality. The thin section of the Towers that shows through between the header and content just loks a bit strange in isolation also.

- Site and forum-wide, it seems that little attention has been made to font sizes. There seems to be a huge style mismatch between sizes even in the same areas of the screen. Also - I don't feel your logo font fits with the rest of the site, which isn't normally an issue but the header does blend into the site in places.

My main gripe though, is it feels very 'clinical' throughout. In my view, a forum for a major themepark should be bright and vibrant, and not make me feel like I could be writing on a generic forum about anything at first glance.
rctneil

Could the max dimensions and max filesize be increased for avatars. In this day and age the restrictions set currently do not make sense. Especially with higher speeds and multiple devices.

A bit of back end processing can create multiple versions and a few media queries can help dramatically.

Vector support would be even better. the avatar I wish to use, I cannot currently as imposing those restrictions on it creates such an abomination that I don't wish to use it as it looks dreadful.

Any possibility?