Forum Quizzes General Feedback

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

A topic for general feedback on the many quizzes being held in light of the official TT quiz!

I'll start by saying the following...

After winning the TT Quiz, and holding my own quiz, I can't deny that I don't enjoy them, however I'm beginning to feel that the quizzes are becoming relentless and it seems there's always one on in the SB.

I'm therefore inclined to suggest limiting it to a single quiz a week, and that the questions and format need to be forwarded to a mod before being approved, so that it can be ensured that any quiz will be of a reasonable standard.

If limiting it to a single quiz is too far, then it could be an idea to not allow quizzes to be held on consecutive evenings, so at least there's something of a break between them.

I don't intend to come across as condescending, but there's only so many quizzes I can take!
Altontowersbarlow

I understand what your saying but it is not one individual person who is the cause of the clutter , and they should not get the stick from everyone else when sorry to say it but ultimately it is the moderators job to approve quizzes or not. I am not saying it is all the moderator's fault however, I and am sure others make quiz's for everyone else's enjoyment and by the quizzes not being controlled by the right people, it then makes people loose interest, this is just my opinion :)
Lee

Just to confirm, currently we only approve quizzes to ensure they are limited to a few a week, however we do not vet the nature of them or the questions. So I completely disagree that any members who do not enjoy the quizzes, is as a result of the moderation team.

However, I do agree that the quizzes are getting a little out of hand. This is something that we'll discuss as a team Lewis, and we'll get back with a solution as soon as possible that will benefit all our members, including those who both enjoy, and do not enjoy the quizzes.
Altontowersbarlow

Lee James wrote: Jus to confirm, currently we only approve quizzes to ensure they are limited to a few a week, however we do not vet the nature of them or the questions. So I completely disagree that any members who do not enjoy the quizzes, is down to the moderation team.

However, I do agree that the quizzes are getting a little out of hand. This is something that we'll discuss as a team Lewis, and we'll get back with a solution as soon as possible that will benefit all our members, including those who both enjoy, and do not enjoy the quizzes.
I don't mean people are not enjoying the quizzes because of the moderators, but me as a member cannot go I will not approve this quiz so then there are not to many quizzes and the members do not get bored of quizzes, but the moderators can do that. don't get me wrong I think the moderators do a good job :)
Kirsty25

I agree with Lee on this one, strange coming from me I know, but the repeated questions and topic being "whichever merlin theme park" naturally narrows the perspective and opportunity for a variety of questions.

I do quite like the idea of taking charge of moderating quiz questions to ensure a standard is met, and it can be run without too many hiccups.

We will take it to the team, discuss it and offer up any solutions we come up with.

Any further comments will be welcomed however.
altontowersbarlow wrote:
Lee James wrote: Jus to confirm, currently we only approve quizzes to ensure they are limited to a few a week, however we do not vet the nature of them or the questions. So I completely disagree that any members who do not enjoy the quizzes, is down to the moderation team.

I don't mean people are not enjoying the quizzes because of the moderators, but me as a member cannot go I will not approve this quiz so then there are not to many quizzes and the members do not get bored of quizzes, but the moderators can do that. don't get me wrong I think the moderators do a good job :)
We don't approve the content of the quiz, but that might have to be an option. We only approve a quiz that falls within the amount of quizzes we hold a week. We can't always be present during a quiz that has been approved owing to other commitments.
Dom

i think the quizzes are a bit of fun. i do also think/agree that because a lot of people are doing the same sort of quiz,ie theme park related, questions are being repeated and it can become a bit repetitive. i think that the only the official theme park quiz should be held by the official quiz master.

also mods being sent the questions before hand, especially on theme park quizzes, can mean that facts get double checked just to make sure all the information is correct. but it also means that the mods cant join in as they will know the answers.  it is one of those things that your screwed if u do and screwed if you dont.

but overall i think that the quizzes so far have been fun
Lee

Pizzazz wrote: also mods being sent the questions before hand, especially on theme park quizzes, can mean that facts get double checked just to make sure all the information is correct. but it also means that the mods cant join in as they will know the answers.
The issue with that is that forum member created quizzes are unofficial. If we have to start checking every quiz question and its answer, you're taking away time from other team stuff we could be getting on with.

As I say, we'll try and get something organised that will hopefully please everyone involved.
Dom

yeah, i didnt think of that.
Dom

Lee James wrote:
Pizzazz wrote: also mods being sent the questions before hand, especially on theme park quizzes, can mean that facts get double checked just to make sure all the information is correct. but it also means that the mods cant join in as they will know the answers.
The issue with that is that forum member created quizzes are unofficial. If we have to start checking every quiz question and its answer, you're taking away time from other team stuff we could be getting on with.

As I say, we'll try and get something organised that will hopefully please everyone involved.
just saying, i would be happy to fact check answers
DeadJack5

I really enjoyed the Halloween quiz tonight, it was my first one and I thought it ran smoothly, it was organised well and everyone was involved.

Thanks QMi for organising it, Kim for score keeping and Lewis for contributing for the quiz

Thanks guys, more please :D
Burniel

I loved the Halloween quiz and I also love all the "for fun" quizzes held. I have taken part in many and hosted one or two, and I really enjoy it. If you don't want to take part, nobody's forcing you most quizzes are only about an hour (with the exception of QMi's spectacular quizzes), so it's not like the whole evening has gone. Quite the contrary, because it livens up the SB, an many people stay to chat before and after. It's a great idea that only takes up a part of the evening and makes the rest of the evening even better.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Altontowersbarlow

I agree, the Halloween quiz was fantastic :)