Alton Towers Queue Times

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Rob
Admin
Admin

TowersTimes are pleased to announce the launch of our Alton Towers Queue Ride Times web app.

The web app is currently as a beta but does work sufficiently to launch it to our forum members. The web app displays the current queue times for Alton Towers most popular rides. Designed mainly for the iPhone but should work on all other smart phones.

[align=center]Image[/align]

How Do I Get It?
To get the app go to www.towerstimes.co.uk/queuetimes on your iPhone/smart phone.

If using iPhone follow the on screen popup to install it to your device. This will then install the web app on your iPhone ready to use.

We welcome any feedback you may have and hope you find the web app useful.

Let us know if you use it on resort and how you found using it.

Version 2 is currently being worked on and any updates will be posted here.

The TowersTimes Team
Last edited by Rob on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scott.smith

Does it work on Windows Phone?
Rob
Admin
Admin

Yes it should, give it a try and let us know.
mikey_mcl

Works fine on my HTC Wildfire S!
Great app :) Thanks!!
Tom G

Great stuff with this app to all involved. Just wondered where the info is sourced from and how?!
Rob
Admin
Admin

Unfortunately we can't tell you that but can tell you this is only the start ;)
scott.smith

Yeah it works is it accurate though as the que times seem pretty low
Rob
Admin
Admin

It should be pretty accurate, queue times were generally low today compared to the previous days.
Boz

works on my HTC desire :)
The Terminator

I'd say the queue times were low today as it was most kids last day at school and they are not going to go on a trip on the last day of school.
App works well on iPhone 4s thanks, super stuff keep it coming.
I WILL be back
sebshep18

i don't think the data you are using is very accurate all rides are now 17 minutes waiting time ?
Adz
Admin
Admin

It is the same data as that in the official system. I can only assume some maintenance is going on with the system at present.
sebshep18

Adz wrote: It is the same data as that in the official system. I can only assume some maintenance is going on with the system at present.
Ok cheers works good on an iPhone 4s though :D
Chris-TT

I just checked and data is still being logged through our primary source. Nice to know the secondary source has been changed, although through my iPhone I already have the new location :P. Will update the new address when I get home and onto a computer, at a the Bristol Harbourside festival today [=

Alton Towers what do you have to hide with regards to your queue times when most other respectable theme parks are very transparent??

Surely us providing impartial queue information and advice for customers is great for everyone? As it will lead to shorter queue times for your customers who do a bit of research before they visit. Or is it your worried about capitalising on FastTrack sales? You have my number, I know you will read this so please give me a call before you change data sources again.
Last edited by Chris-TT on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
zoonyx

I was there on Friday 20th and can confirm the queue times on the TT app were closer to the in-park electronic displays than the official app.  It was an amazing day, and the queue times really were that low.  The majority were less than 15 mins all day!

In terms of feedback, I'm on Vodafone and throughout the park at different locations there is either no signal, 2g or 3G.  It was great on 3G, but sometimes on 2g it failed to load times (although the page loaded).

This was using the save to home screen web app system on an iPhone 4s
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Not sure if it is on there for smartphones yet, but could Sonic Spinball be stylized right and we have Charlie and Squirrel Nutty like on the Alton boards by any chance? Or is that too much to ask?
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
Rob
Admin
Admin

I'm not sure what you mean. Please could you explain.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Charlie and The Chocolate Factory and Squirrel Nutty are unfortunately not part of the system we use.

As for the ride names. I'm about to make some edits so that should be fixed shortly!
Chris-TT

I really don’t understand why Alton would have any problem with TowersTimes displaying queue information allowing you guys to make the most of your day.

Alton/Merlin if you are actually genuinely upset with us displaying queue data and TowersTimes advising your customers on queue trends, then please get in touch before spending time and money updating your systems again, I’m happy to discuss this with you and have a feeling that would be better for us all.
It seems silly playing cat and mouse over this. Especially when this is information when utilised properly benefits us all, if you don’t like something we are doing simply let us know.

As you can see our main system collecting data (simplified here): http://old.towerstimes.co.uk/queuedata.php which is the exact data provided, I will be deleting this page soon, as it’s just an example showing the data we have been collecting isn’t the same displayed to the general public.
Chris-TT

Guys speaking to Alton today I have temporarily agreed to remove the live queue data until we agree on a compromise.

We are still logging it, and feel free to request live queue data it at any time through the shoutbox although there may be a slight delay since we need to be around to copy/paste the data from the logs.

Cheers