Alton Towers Queue Times

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
hallsa

Hi, I am going to AT next Wednesday 8/8 and trying to get an idea of whether to book fast tracks etc, so saw this TT App and have loaded it onto my Iphone 3GS, to find it just shows the ride names and no times. Just registered in here to ask whats wrong and saw the thread about the data not being posted, so is there any news on if/when it will come back? Just trying to get a feel from Q times this week so we have an idea of what to expect next week?
Chris-TT

Unfortuantly Alton Towers doesn't want to share this data. We would directly link to the data.
If you want to know a queue time just request it in the shout box and what time it was for, or the current queue time, when your on park you can download Alton Towers offical app for the live times.
Johno

Queue times are all in the official alton towers app anyway?
Vanessa Feltz

I would assume that the reason that they won't let you use the data sources, is simply down to them using on their own app instead, and I would assume that the more people that check TT are not checking the App Store for the Alton Towers App.
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
Chris-TT

You can only officially check the queue times if your on-site at Alton Towers. Rather than play cat and mouse we took them off-line, although they have been logged throughout the season. We are welcome to suggestion on how to use this data, as even monthly average queue times will change depending on new attractions and the dates of school holidays.
Vanessa Feltz

Perhaps, rather than show the actual queue times, you could do some clever maths to estimate how busy the park is, I'm completely stumped as to how programming that would work, I could do some tests and get back to you, but potentially using a few integers sourced from the data, that are added/multiplied together, you could produce a string based on how busy the park is...

I'm basically thinking that each day will have a number calculated from however long the rides queues are, add each queue time together and depending on the result, display a word such as Low/Medium/High to display how busy the park is at that time?

For example a Low day will be queues totaling up to 1 1/2 hours maximum Mid level day will be over 1 1/2 but below 3 hours, and a high day will be above 3 hours, just as a reference point, and then say you have 3 rides that have a 20 minute queue each thus totaling an hour, it will display that it is a low capacity day...

If you follow what I'm saying?
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"