TTFMU2 (Comic Relief Fundraiser) POST TR's HERE

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Williscroft

Rekki, Was you actualy operating the Flume or was you on the turn table :?: because i was with the rets of the TTF bunch for the first Air take over which didnt go as planned lol but then i had to go with me dad to the enterence because he had to go and after that i didnt see the group again :( but i went on the flume 4-5 times by my self in the afternoon. ( had a hole bath to me self each time) I saw some one in the controll box but didnt know whether it was you. Ow i was on it aswell just after 4 when it stopped and all 11 tubs crashed in to each other at the second lift hill ( hurt me back :( ) and some one went in the tunnel thing and was spacing each tub out.
Lizbeth

Kaycee - sorry to hear you were ill - just a note - mumps is doing the rounds at the moment, so you could be suffering. just to let you know!
\"It\'s not about winning or losing; it\'s about how drunk you get\"!
Dagan

Sounds like it was a laugh... would have gone along myself, but as I said at the Black Hole event. I'm going to wait till Rita opens before I next visit.
Rekki

i was in the control room for about 2/3 the day, and working on the turn table the rest. i have black hair, and might have been wearing sunglasses (cause im a smooth operator, aparently) and big flesh tunnels in both ears.
Rekki

and if you were there when the lifts stopped, i was operating, because i only broke down on me on sat. the guy running up the lift was one of my assistants, craig. you should be honoured, you were in the first lift jam of the season.
Anonymous

[quote=""Lizbeth""]Kaycee - sorry to hear you were ill - just a note - mumps is doing the rounds at the moment, so you could be suffering. just to let you know![/quote]

HAHA!!

Better watch out Craig cause you kow what mumps does to the male of the species!!

Poor craig!!
Anonymous

LOL ADE, POOR ME!!! :evil: :evil: :wink: :wink:

so yer, just out of interest, what does it do to the male species?? :lol:

I'm still ill, day 8 now :(

:twisted: :P
Rory

Ok guys, heres is my trip report, sorry but its a bit of a beast I know

Day 1 (Sat 12th March)

As most of you know, I was stupid enough to camp on the 11th and 12th March - yes the tent’s condensation was ice by the morning and the grass was frosty on Sunday morning - never again will I camp out in March at -2 degrees. Maybe in the summer though in sensible temperatures. The less said about the camping, the better .

Anyway, I left the Star Caravan and Camping Park at 8.10 for a brisk walk to the Towers. After a freezing night I wrapped up very warm with about 10 layers (Im not overweight, the pics make out im chunky due to wearing so many damm layers!) The sun was shining and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky - a great start to a truly great day. I reached the gates at 8.35 and went straight to the ticket q line where the employees decided it would be fun to open at exactly 9.00.00.00.00 am (u get the idea) even thought hey had been sitting at their offices for 5-10 mins. I bought my annual pass ticket (figured that even if I go 3 three weekends this year it will work out cheaper) and was allowed through the gates at 9.05 with hotel and other annual pass holder along with d_stoneuk. I took a sharp left as soon as a I got through the turnstiles to get my annual pass processed, having been tipped off by the woman at the ticket office that there were only a few blank passes left - not too good for the start of the season hey ??

Got my annual pass processed which was really quick (2 mins) and then headed to FV via the walk through the gardens to get some early ride time on AIR and Nemmie before the meetup began.

In an hour I managed to rack up 7 rides on AIR and 7 on Nemmie, not too bad :) I suppose. The best of which was when I used the Air single ride queue (SRQ) (btw, good new u don’t need a blasted ticket this year!) and walked past 10-15 mins of queues to get a seat in the front row straight away! Also the Nemmie waterfalls are back up and running I must add and look great !!! The Features working as d_stone called it

At 10.55 I walked over to the meetup point to see a familiar clang I recognised from the vids of last years (J, KC, Craig, Crofty…) and walked up clinging to the badge on my welsh shirt, hoping to be recognised !! As I got nearer I hear more ‘who’s that’ and eventually Craig said ‘its Rory’, I nodded and was introduced to the group, sorry to anyone I don’t say hello to, as Bailey, Locker and Williscroft parted after the takeover of AIR.

After my intro and the stick for being welsh, I was told I was late, the cheek, I was 5 mins early actually. More members gradually arrived including ant and Sammie and yes we did manage to see him all the way down there, Kitty !! He arrived to an impressive reception lol !

At about 11.05 we left the meetup spot for Air (10 mins q) which we did a 4/5 takeova I would say and the over to Nemmie, again a 4/5 takeover with kitty and stokey ensuring everyone shouted ‘TTF meetup’ at the top of both hill lifts. The group then headed for Ripsaw (no q) with big J the puff (only joking) sitting out with my darlin Sammie and Crofty took some pics along with kitty.

By the end of Ripsaw, Craig, Paul (deano’s mate) and Crofty conveniently found themselves at Nemesis Nosh and had a beer. The rest of the group decided to go on duel (no q) , a ride I will never get tired of. RMT was our next stop, a 5 min q and we were seated one per car and TTF made up most of the train, some of the friendly insults flyin around were hilarious !! :) We exited RMT and decided it was time for a lunch stop . Pizza Hut/KFC here we came !! I used my brand new Annual Pass and got 25% off and its amazing that u have to tell them you get 25% off otherwise they say ‘What an AP, what does that do?’ - what do they teach em during the off season ?? Bugger all.

At this point Stokey tempted J with his Oat cakes and as we all knew he would, J didn’t refuse and went about eating them cold and uncooked, lets just say deano couldn’t believe it. This led to Stokey throwing the remaining cakes at Wayne Burton (WB) and WB then chased Stokey through Katanga Canyon to ME. Lets just say it was slow vs Slower, unfit vs unfitter and stokey didn’t recover all weekend!

After a short 10 min sit down in KC, the group re-assembled and we took a ride on the rapids. (no q) I couldn’t believe it, there was me sitting by Sammie teasing each other about getting soaked cause we wrapped up in our coats to avoid the water and on the other side of the boat was d_stone complaining about there not being enough rapids and how tame the rapids were this season, although he was the only one who got soaked, maybe it was just lucky seating.!! :) Furthermore, much to mine and Sammies pleasure, the waterfalls were not on, but d_stone was livid! Lol. Got to give it to you d_stone, you not one to say ‘lest not get wet’, but rather ‘where the features, I want to get soaked!’

After the rapids we walked as a group to ME where 1/3 went to Tavern (u can guess who) 1/3 went on flume and the sensible 1/3 left over kept dry and waited at the loggie entrance. Again, the ride was walk on and the TTF members were the only riders in about 15 bath-boats, the previous boats being empty. This gives an idea of how quiet the park was - dead. At this point I had a lovely pic with Sammie, shame that Ant snapped us both off guard What a shocking pic

We re-assembled in the tavern and had the biggest laugh of the day, Crofty’s driving licence to which I don’t think Stokey recovered from for 5 mins - he was truly wetting himself !! With kitty in the background, the jokes over stokey !!

There wasn’t much progress and im sure Kaycee and Paul would have been happy in the tavern all day so something had to be done! Myself and Kitty led the way and we went over towards SW. We joined the q (SRQ is not what was the hotel guest line) and queued for the longest q of the day - 15 mins. I sat in a car next to Sammie with kitty, much to stokey’s amusement with him on the back of the car. The on-ride picture was terrible. All you could see was Sammie’s hair everywhere! You need a bobble next meetup girl! Then ova to the Beastie for a full takeova with us all screamin !!

Next was the slow walk down to Oblivion where we met with Martin rules - what a great guy, one of my best mates on the forum and in the flesh he didn’t disappoint! We did a takeover twice, bar 2 seats on each occasion, boy was kitty’s face white when he saw oblivion and he did not ride, nor did the croftymeister who was filming and Sammie on the 2nd ride. The q again was only about 2 mins, with us only having to wait for the next train to board, then we were on.

After Oblivion, we walked Hex, to take a ride which was entertaining, again no queue apart from waiting to enter the video room, must say though, once you’ve been on once, for me Hex loses is magic. Next stop was RITA, no, not to ride it unfortunately, but to see it testing. All I can say is roll on April, she looks fab and is yet another different dimension to the range of AT coasters.

Rita testing 1
Rita testing 2
Rita testing 3
Rita testing 4

I then experienced the much talked about Toyland Tours was the first time. Oh deer !! Its shocking when you have been on ‘it’s a small world’ in disney. Anyway, we qued about 1 minute and I was on a boat with nightsin2dreams who’s really cool, great guy, d_stone, Wayne, my lovely Sammie, Ant, J, Martin, Liam2063 and dave (I thinks its david186). Half way through we were getting a bit bored, so Ant decided to snatch J’s toy bear and chuck Paws (his name) into the water !! J panicked, but did get him back at the end and Paws is now the official TTF Meetup mascot.

We then took the Skyride back over to FV, hoping to see a launch of Rita, but we missed it by about 30 secs !! Typical. Once in Forbidden Valley and time being about 4.30, we made the most of small Air and Nemmie queues and persuaded Martin, the big puftar onto Nemmie for the first time, there was no escaping mine and Sammie’s grasp !! Once on he loved it and we qued for the front row, telling him it was even better (me, him, Sammie and stokey on front row) and it was fab with waterfalls on, although me and stokey did get splashed in the eyes from the blood river after the vertical loop.

As a group we headed for AIR and did a complete takeova barring 7 seats and the front row, which was really fun, telling the ride op ‘17 please’ was quiet funny’. Myself, Martin, Stokey and Sammie then headed for final Nemmie ride at 4.50 before we all parted ways, but guess what it broke down (lol) and after a 10 min wait for empty trains being testing, the op told us there would be no more rides on Nemmie, but to make up for it, they would re-open AIR especially for the 35 or so of us in the Nemmie q at the time.

Off we marched to AIR, where the 4 of us waited for the back row (second train) and got the last train for the day !! It was so cool how they re-opened the ride just for us and to have the last ride, great!

The 4 of us and martins mate, Jim, walked casually back to Towers Street where we had agreed to meet rest of group after our special ride of AIR. It was really eyrie because all rides were closed, it was 5.15 and all outlets had closed and we were the only people around until we reached Towers Street, very weird! We re-assembled and at this point Gashead said to me ‘Rory, we have a gift for you’ - I had totally forgotten about my piss for prizes T shirt I had won and proudly put it on !! Thanks Guys, im taking it to JJB next week to get Rory printed on the back and will be wearing it to next meetup. Heres a pic of me wearing it, you cant really make out the writing though, but can see small TTT logo on sleeve !! Me

We headed for the monorail and at this point me and J said out goodbyes to the group :( and the rest took monorail to car park.

I walked half way back to caravan park, when a heard a car horn and a car slow down and stop in front of me. And out jumps kitty with Liam driving. They came to the rescue and I got a lift to campsite !! Many, many thanks to both Liam and Kitty for that.

What a day !!!!!! Awesome

Day 2 (Sun 13th March) - Mini Trip report

I entered the park at 9.03 with my new season pass and headed for guest services to lock away my camping things before meeting Stokey at the entrance, we walked to FV, while talking about Football, football and more football lol.

I thought the park was quiet on Saturday, well Sunday was totally dead, our predictions being about 1100 people on park. At most points of day (excluding ERT which was busiest time of day!!) Nemesis and AIR trains were being sent around the circuits with 5/6 people on board, mad. Our longest queue was SW SRQ of about 4 mins, silly really to think that in summer queues will be up to 180 mins on some of the rides.

We met martin and Jim in FV and went on AIR, Nemmie and Ripsaw numerous times. We then took path to GW to ride Duel, why is Stokey so good ??? Then onto RMT and Rapids (no rides had any q’s btw) and then to AL to ride Spinball. This was the most satisfying part of the day !! We saw the q was bout 30 mins so we used SRQ and we agreed to smile and wave as we went pass the normal queue, lets just say we got some dirty looks !! We were on in no time and the pics were terrible, AT have got to do sumin about the picture quality (brightness) and get the timing of the pics right, most ride’s pictures were pants.

We then went to XS where Oblivion was closed due to icy track overnight and a malfunction on Sat night. We rode enterprise (well me and stokey) and then Submission before going for lunch in Pizza Hut. Having camped, I was starving and two wholes meals to myself !! Fat, your thinking, yep that’s what martin said too.

Next stop was Hex and then Skyride to FV, and then we repeated out round trip. AIR --> Nemmie ….. Until we were at oblivion again and were told it was opening soon, we started a queue and were on the first ride of the day, cool ! Then our round trip took us over to FV again where we decided to sample the SRQ, lets just say its not the best of sign posting !! We got to station and the tight bugger of the ride op, even though only the front row was occupied made us sit one per row !! We have concluded we were the first people to ever use the Nemmie SRQ.

We did a few more circuits round the park and then it was time for us to part !! What a great day with two of my best buddies from the forum, martin and stokey. I am already planning me next meetup with martin as a result of this. Group pick, left to right, Martin, Jim, Stokey

Q Times

Longest Q - Spinball, day 1 - 20 mins
Shortest Q - Most rides - 0 mins

Good points about weekend

Meeting everyone at last. Its really great to see people that you chat to on forums and furthermore, those who u consider ‘close friends’ who u chat to on msn and to meet them in the flesh is quiet an experience, because everyone is hoping the peeps wont hate them, but everyone got along great! Examples of those who I talk to on msn included nearly everyone who attended!!

The park being absolutely dead so we got to ride everything without queuing, but this did lead to less atmosphere. The oblivion mist working and the great Nemesis fountains back up to scratch – about time, Alton towers!!

Getting annual pass for first time (figured if I go 3 times this year, each time for weekend, it will turn out to be cheaper that 3 separate 2-day tickets). Going back on Sunday with Martin and Stokeywolf, who are my 2 best friends from the forum.

Bad points about weekend

Less atmosphere due to less peeps in park. Too many breakdowns, wouldn’t have been able to bear it in Summer when its busy. Ug Land not being open

Ride count

Day 1

AIR - 7
Nemesis - 8
Beastie - 1
Duel - 1
Rapids - 1
RMT - 2
Hex - 1
Oblivion - 2
Ripsaw - 2
Spinball - 1

Day 2

Oblivion - 1
Duel - 2
AIR – 6
Nemesis – 7
Ripsaw – 2
Submission – 1
Enterprise – 1
Congo River Rapids – 1
Hex – 1
Spinball – 3
RMT - 4

Funny moments/comments made

When I was queuing on day 1 at the turnstiles, someone said to the attendant at the gates which way do I go to ride ‘ride rita’ ?? Even better was the fact that there was a huge poster to his left saying ‘RITA, opening 1st April, come back for a tenner’

On day 2 when myself, stokey and martin, proudly qued for Spinball using single rider and we agreed to smile and wave as we went pass the normal queue which was 20 mins long! Hilarious for us, not for them. We walked to the front of the queue and it was only3 or 4 mins before we had all ridden, great stuff !!

Attendees and Reaction

(Paul, deanos buddy and david b/f and dad was also there)

Ant - Great scouser, we had a great a laugh. I have to admit I never expected him to be like he was at all which was a pleasant surprise.

Sammie
- She’s one hot babe. We had a lot of laughs and talked about all kinds of things. Sat by her on loads of rides with her screaming and her hair going absolutely everywhere! Spent most of day with Wayne, Sammie, J, Martin and Stokey.

Kitty - Sergeant shortly !!! He’s exactly what he’s like on the forum !!I had a great laugh when I saw his face when we go into XS and he saw oblivion.

Gashead - The west country comedian, I love his accent !! He was great all day and just couldn’t resist a beer when he saw the nearest outlet.

Crofty - Spent most of the day glued to his camera for the meetup DVD, but we did have a good chat about living in Newport is so crap !! Poor Crofty took a lot of stick for his big nose though.

Stokey - The Oatcakes Demon !! Had two full days with ray and he’s such an interesting and funny guy. Insisted on shouting ‘TTF Forum Meetup’ at all spare moments. Spent most of day with Wayne, Sammie, J, Martin and Stokey.

Rory - that’s me

KC - Hard to judge Kaycee on what I experienced, she was very ill all day and would have probs been better wrapped up in bed.

Wayne Burton - Didn’t recognise him at first and still think he looks young for 21. Spent most of day with Wayne, Sammie, J, Martin and Stokey. He spent most of day trying to chat up saz and the other half talking to all the AT staff he knew.

Saz
- Great girl, had a quick chat at the beginning of the day at meetup point, but then she whizzed off pretty soon to see her boyfriend.

J - The chubbysaurus who lost his teddy on TT, poor guy !! Nah, hes cool and I was surprised at how tall he was, was expecting to be taller than him. Shame he couldn’t camp over and stay on day 2.

Martinrules - what a great Yorshireman Mart is !! Myself, Stokey and Martin spend entire of Sunday taking the piss out of the 3 different accents within the group (stokeys sig) which was really funny. With Sammie’s help we also converted him to a Nemesis addict! Me and martin are already taking about our next meetup and cant wait to see each other again (well I cant).

Locker - Were introduced, but ashamed we didn’t yet to chat as he rushed off after takeover off AIR.

Bailey - The same really, nice guy though cause we chatted for a bit at the meetup point. Didn’t see the TNT all day though apart form at meetup point.

Liam - Johny Woodgate was on park!! Quiet, but lively guy who was ready for every ride. Had a good chat at lunch time and meetup point and he was very kind to give me lift back to campsite.

Nightsin2dreams- Quiet again, but nice guy and was one of the sensible ones on the rapids to avoid water and wasn’t complaining when we didn’t get soaked !! Had a throughrough laugh when J lost his Toy on TT too.

Williscroft - we didn’t even get to chat, I was just about to go over and introduce myself as Rory after AIR takeover and come and have a chat and you disappeared, shame not see you all day. You probs didn’t even no who I was, I feel so guilty.

David20... - not sure his exact username, but sure did get to know him !! What a dude, did everything to loose his father, but just couldn’t and started radioing from the top of oblivion to let Crofty no which car we were on !!

Dean - Mr Technical - his knowledge of coasters just doesn’t end and we had a great debate about UK coasters in Pizza Hut at lunch time.

D_stone - top guy, although I still cant believe in March he was complaining about not getting wet enough on the rapids, He should have camped with me then he could have got wet.
sammie04

yes my hair is absolutely crazy i never used to be like that its because ive grown it out it kind of just goes everywhere yeh i think i shall wear a headband or something next time for the sake of actually seeing on air :lol:
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

actully, i sort of regreted the wet thing on sunday, i went to BPB and me, patrick(not on forum) and 2 guys we aint know manged to SINK a log on the final drop! you said it couldn't be done but we manged it , the bad point was we were all soaked for the rest of the day! but hey it was fun.

I will ost a trip report tomrow, and just so u know rory i didn't go on TT after last time! great metting u all, some again

David

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Jay12

Wooo hooooo great trip report Rory :D .. chubbysaurus aye :D .

Anyone for a meet up 29th March ? Me and sammie so far ?
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
dstone_uk

sorry mate, i hought we had a meet on 1st april as rita was opening!

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

stokywolf

Im still doing me 12th trip report :D
Jay ill try me best to be there :D . Meet you And sammie duck :D :D
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
sammie04

yes i am going that day with my friends because its her birthday :D if we can get down there though
Jay12

Heres Waynes Trip report :D :D

Ok, here’s just a quick trip report from Wayne Burton for March 12th – opening day.

I arrived at the park at about 9.30ish, walking through the turnstiles I noticed the towers street music had been replaced with party music such as ‘celebrate good times’, a good move? I really can’t answer that – time will tell I think! Phoned Crofty to find out the gang were waiting down at Oblivion for the ride to open, so I had a leisurely walk down to oblivion to find Crofty, Craig, Kaycee, Stoky and Jay all waiting outside of the Oblivion entrance for the queue line to open. We had a little chat about various stuff such as ducks, oatcakes and me and Stoky had a little dance. Andrew finally led us around the queue line a little later than expected! Doh! But, still we got a ride on Oblivion! The first official guest shuttle of the season I believe.

Came off Oblivion and headed up to Rita for a little nosey at construction, lucky enough to see her launch, much quieter than I imagined and maybe a little slower – but I’m not sure if that is full speed anyway? We made our way to the valley (we bumped into Bailey et al on route) for a ride on nemesis- with all the features including waterfalls now looking superb. We headed over to the picnic area for the official meetup place at 10.45 which Rory had suggested. We were the first to arrive on the picnic area and for a while were the only ones! At this point I was a little concerned for Kaycees well being – she wasn’t well at all, and looked as if she would have been better at home in bed! But she wasn’t at home so she made the most of the day by continuing to ride the attractions! Nice one kaycee!

People started to turn up at the meeting point and there were many debates between us that knew each other asking, “I wonder if they are part of TowersTimes?” Apologies to anyone who wasn’t spoken to by myself but with so many members it’s hard to get around everyone! Rory turned up late – well I thought he was late but he argued differently! Top bloke who’s now become a true mate of mine, as have many of the TTF troops! Sammie and Ant turned up along with a list of names to long to write here! There was a couple and a gentleman standing near to us and I was curious to whtether they were part of our group or not, for now I did not ask!

I rang Sarah and she was on her way over with Kitty and Liam (another top guy!), I went off to meet them near nemesis and was greeted by a fully excitable kitty ploughing full steam at me for a hug- awwwwwww!! I walked Sarah et al over to the meet-up gang and more introductions were made. I had a few little chats with Sarah to Liam and to Rory and then we headed for an Air take-over. Chose the wrong station (sorry dave!), queued up for about 15mins and had a nice chat with people in the queue. When we got to the bay loader member of staff I pointed out where our group ended “ you see that tall bloke at the back? Well that’s Crofty”! A superb ride on Air later and we were heading for Nemesis for another take-over. By this time me and Saz noted that this couple and guy with them was still part of our group but we didn’t recognise them from the forums so we plucked up the courage to go over and introduce ourselves after Nemesis. A quick explanation later and I found myself chatting away to them as the other rode Ripsaw! Looking forward to meeting Dave, his girlfriend and dad ( ? ) at future meetups and maybe the thorpe meetup!

We prepared to Duel and Sammie bought a really cool on ride photo of her, Ant , Nightsin2Dreams and some others! At this point Sarah left us promising to re-join us later…. But did she? Nope! Tut tut miss marshall! *slaps hand*! We rode RMT and Rapids and had some food in pizza hut – unfortunately the group all dispersed and I was left thinking “oh no will I ever see craig, kaycee and crofty ever again?”! Luckily they returned just after I had had an oatcake fight with Stoky! Class moment of the trip! Saw a few members of staff and had a quick chat to them and then we headed down to the Tavern. While some had drinks and others rode the flume I kind of hovered between both groups not wanting to get wet in either situation. After seeing a scary photograph in the Tavern - worse than anything seen in duel, Spinball was next on the list. Me and crofty in the back with who was it In the front? Oh I don’t know! For some reason I kind of lost my energy and will to live after I’d ridden Spinball – apologies to anyone who saw me change into boring Mr Burton! Kitty and I did some more footage for the DVD whilst others took over oblivion, then I joined them for their second ride whilst crofty filmed. Martin joined the group and we all moved on to venture back up near Rita again. Some more fun rides in the Valley and the day ended :( ! Was interesting to see some of the lads fighting for a certain miss sammies attention - including Martin, Jay, Rory and Stoky hehehe! awww young love :)

I took hold of the video camera to film about 45mins worth of footage for the DVD, from the awards ceremony right back to towers street (thanks to Dan for taking part in the video). Apologies for sticking the camera in everyones face all day, especially Kaycee who I knew was feeling ill and felt a little bad afterwards because I’m sure she didn’t want a camera sticking in her face! Also realised I had the camera zoomed in all the way back which means that the footage I actually recorded was very close up – so be warned ;) !

A ride back on the monorail to the car – which I had parked just in front of Craigs by luck! We had a race over the car parks but I think I just about got the edge! Slammed my foot down and speeded off into the sunset- with Christina filling the air (yes Kaycee Five was played too!).

Just want to thank everyone who attended the second official TTF trip to Alton Towers, it really was a superb day! Made so many new friends and im sorry if I didn’t mention some people! Most people should already know that I think of them as good friends anyway –but if you didn’t, then now you do!

Mini Trip report for 16th March 2005-03-17
Just wanted to add a thank you to Ade and Matt for a great day on park yesterday, very people at the park so we got on all the rides we wanted to! High points included

- The lovely tub of pic n’ mix which we crammed full of sweeties
- The fact the ice skaters in the show soaked Ade through (don’t know why? :P)
- Matts face before he rode Nemesis was class!
- Ringing Kaycee off the Sky rides and singing songs to her!
- Riding Hex – oohhh goose pimples!
- Having a natter with so many old friend who work there – Luke, Kelly, Andrew, Amanda – to name a few!
- Making someone’s day special – I turned the magic around to make staffs day!
- Front and back row Nemesis without queues

Took matt home to Matlock and listening to cool Cd’s all the way home and having a good natter to him about everything.

Next park visits:
- Friday 25th March
- Tuesday 29th March
- Friday 1st April

Probably some more times too….. if anyone wants to meet me on those days or any other days then just let me know wayne@abbooo.com

wayne
dstone_uk

FINE, my trip report
Arrive-8:40 odd, the first thing i see is DEAN lol, leaning agent the shuteer with his mate,so go for a quick chat befor i go and be the first in the que for the pre-booked line, i haden't prebooked but still maged to get in for free and get my annual pass sortedm and get a second free ticket! At bot 9:10 went down to the vally to try and see deano again, no luck so at about 9:30 went down to X, fuw rides on oblivion and a look at the BH board befor js befowled it LOL, at 10:30 ish leave X and who should i see, sarah, had a quick chat and she saiid would meet with the group later, and again mety with dean and went down to see RITA, after a bit getting joind by Kitty, and sarah and we went off to the meet at about 10:45! leaving dean to wait and see the launch! Well, u all know about the meet but it was good 2 see you all again/for the first time and after the first attempt at a air takeover went on nwmmie, rippy, duel, RMT, and lost some of the group, There was of course the oat cake insidemnt and the last thing we see is stokey running down past the rapids after dinner being chased, but again it was a laugth! After lunch and the DRY rapids went on flume, got pritty wet but nought compared to b/pool the net day and Jay+I went off 4 toilet and had a fuw games(paid for by me) where pawws came to be a member of the TTF family! Back to the tavern where crofty and craig were on the beer, and off for a ride on SW, which i must add was FUN! but it was a mistake haveing jay in the car, we got alot of spin, X sector then back to rita where we stayed and seed the launch for a bit and back to the valley for a fuw last rides

Postves
Meeting u lot again
Winning paws
Seeing the bloodwaterfalls working,
getting back to AT
new annual pass

Negtives
Ripsaw fountins perthetic
No waterfalls on rapids
Sunk log on log flume(sorry sunday lol)

Peops
Gashead-A joke, easy to get along with and a great guy
Jay-Got us alot of spin on SW, again a great guy
Saz-reconised me! easy to get along with, need 2 chat more
Sammie-Fun, never know what is going to say net
Kaycee-Ill but still funny and careing
Dean-Great guy, easy to get along with
Ant- funny guy,
Rory-Great person, good 2 see him after all this time
Kitty TTF legond, great to have around
stokey-never know whats comeing, shame about the team thougth
Crofty-Great, fun

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Jay12

[quote=""dstone_uk""]FINE, my trip report
Arrive-8:40 odd, the first thing i see is DEAN lol, leaning agent the shuteer with his mate,so go for a quick chat befor i go and be the first in the que for the pre-booked line, i haden't prebooked but still maged to get in for free and get my annual pass sortedm and get a second free ticket! At bot 9:10 went down to the vally to try and see deano again, no luck so at about 9:30 went down to X, fuw rides on oblivion and a look at the BH board befor js befowled it LOL, at 10:30 ish leave X and who should i see, sarah, had a quick chat and she saiid would meet with the group later, and again mety with dean and went down to see RITA, after a bit getting joind by Kitty, and sarah and we went off to the meet at about 10:45! leaving dean to wait and see the launch! Well, u all know about the meet but it was good 2 see you all again/for the first time and after the first attempt at a air takeover went on nwmmie, rippy, duel, RMT, and lost some of the group, There was of course the oat cake insidemnt and the last thing we see is stokey running down past the rapids after dinner being chased, but again it was a laugth! After lunch and the DRY rapids went on flume, got pritty wet but nought compared to b/pool the net day and Jay+I went off 4 toilet and had a fuw games(paid for by me) where pawws came to be a member of the TTF family! Back to the tavern where crofty and craig were on the beer, and off for a ride on SW, which i must add was FUN! but it was a mistake haveing jay in the car, we got alot of spin, X sector then back to rita where we stayed and seed the launch for a bit and back to the valley for a fuw last rides

Postves
Meeting u lot again
Winning paws
Seeing the bloodwaterfalls working,
getting back to AT
new annual pass

Negtives
Ripsaw fountins perthetic
No waterfalls on rapids
Sunk log on log flume(sorry sunday lol)

Peops
Gashead-A joke, easy to get along with and a great guy
Jay-Got us alot of spin on SW, again a great guy
Saz-reconised me! easy to get along with, need 2 chat more
Sammie-Fun, never know what is going to say net
Kaycee-Ill but still funny and careing
Dean-Great guy, easy to get along with
Ant- funny guy,
Rory-Great person, good 2 see him after all this time
Kitty TTF legond, great to have around
stokey-never know whats comeing, shame about the team thougth
Crofty-Great, fun
[/quote]
I believe i won Paws, you just payed :P
Great report :D
Roll on the next meet up :D
Gashead

[quote=""dstone_uk""]
Gashead-A joke
[/quote] Lmao... i am a "Joke"...err thanks!
stokywolf

A Cold Morning on the 12th of March, and I’m waiting by the main road for the tavern mobile, I get a call off Tavern riders( kaycee, Criag & Lofty) to say they are close and will pick me up. I was about to join in when all of a sudden a massive roar from the engine and Criags trying to kill me I finally get in and haven’t even closed the door before Craigs put pedal to the metal. I get in and get poked in the eye with crofty’s nose, becuz he was pointing camera at me, I turned and looked at the tavern mobile rules (I fail to remember some of the rules) One of these rules was truly upsetting for me something along the lines of. “ No grannies aged 85+ allowed during journey”
We Arrived at Alton Towers And made our way over to Oblivion where we waited for It to open as they were still putting Single Rider que sign up* last minute touch* In the que we were met by camp man and The Constipated mouse lol. We were soon on Oblivion but Wimp (jay) Decided not to come on Lol. Had a ride on Oblivion then made our way over to meetup point, We waited for about 35 mins for everyone to fully arrive then went over to air was in the que with jay sammie and ant, Half of the group went on the train and half of us stayed off. Me and Jay and the ride assistant were constantly reassuring Sammie that everything would be okay with the quotes such as “That’s the dodgiest seat” & “Is that a screw that’s just fell off there?” (God help them kids who are stuck in them trees still jay) LOL. Me and Jay saw Sammie come back, hair all over her face LOL, Complaining that she couldn’t see. After a Ride on air we made our way over to Nemesis and jay didn’t come on. I sat next to Sammie and Kitty on the way round, Whilst constantly trying to scream SLAAAAGGGGGG!!!!!! Lol. Got off was told how much fun it would be by kitty if I rode it naked, and that I should try it now, I agreed lol, but the timing wasn’t quite right for that kind of thing. LOL!
Nest was Ripsaw, and then Duel, unluckily for me and Paul there were no 1 hour ques fir us to do our Peter Kay show. Went on and I won WOOOHOOOO Ant got an onride picture. Next was Runaway Minetrain I was so hyper and couldn’t wait to ride, lol I wonder what kitty’s excuse was? I sat down in the car and was told by the operator to me lift me lap bar up, I did so and then immediately alerted to the assistant that I couldn’t because it was locked, I got a reply of “its suppose to be”. Lol.
Next was dinner. Bad idea for Jay to leave the oatcakes I gave him with us, I was still angry with Wayne for chucking some of the precious oatcake away earlier so I decided to chuck some at him, Lol after a chase around Katanga canyon and run half way down to Merrie England I was shattered and Wayne Unsuccessfully tried to put oatcake down my back. I chased him back to KC (he was enjoying this chase ;) in a way I wouldn’t of thought of) lol. Got back To KC and saw the destruction. Oatcake Everywhere!! What a waste. But im sure the ducks enjoyed it :) . We joined the que for River rapids and whilst walking down the que with Sammie she asked me a question and I quickly replied with “ CRRRAAAMMMPPPP!!!!!” LOL Okay not the answer that was expected lol, Went on the rapids with Kaycee, Paul & Dean, I was nice and dry but not so for Paul :tongue: .
Next was Flume, ant got drenched, good job I sat at the back. But I still got soaked. Grrr I hate that Horrible water.
We all went over to Spinball Whizzer and was in the que with Sammie when we came across MY LITTLE PONY! I was singing and dancing so loud and everyone went quiet. Turned. And gave me the weirdest looks. I dunna have a clue why? But they did. Kitty dragged me to sit next to him. Lol Sammie was sitting behind me and Rory was next to her. After a whizzing & deafening (due to Kitty screaming in one ear like a big girls blouse. And Sammie with her hair lol!)time on Spinball, We all went over to X sector, Kitty got extremely nauseas same as the last Saturday about going on Oblivion. Most of us went on oblivion. When we had a nice peaceful ride on there we came off. And to my horror I saw the most horrid sight EVER! It was Martin! Dum dum dum!!!! My god! the Terror! Another takeover of Oblivion was done then we all buggered off over to hex where Sammie Banged her head on the back of the bench, awww me poor duck. We all then and watched in fascination at Rita Testing, before Sammie jay me martin and many others Wanted to go on Toyland Tours. We all took over toyland tours. Me ant Jay Martin Jim Wayne Rory and nightsin2dreams on one boat the rest somewhere behind!lol. aww me poor poor paws Getting all wet thanx to the evil ant lol. Thank you to the lad who Risked his life to get him back! After Drying him off we all went over to the to skyride. The operator asked how many i said roughly 23 lol! So we were sorted. Lol. I was in the first car. As the picture shows in sammies report Jay is making paws do something that he doesn’t want to do. We got off at FV went on air then me Rory and Sammie grabbed Martin and dragged him on nemesis Front row! ME and rory got attacked by the water falls in the tunnel. We decided to go on again even if martin needed new pants. In the que we waited as Nemesis broke down twice! So the technical person ended up taking everyone over to air for last ride instead, unfortunately I didn’t go with them as I didn’t want to keep Craig Kc and Crofty Waiting, Said goodbye to rory Martin And gave Sammie a BIG hug lol. They went and I waited next to nemesis nosh where the prize presentation was held, Jay got His beer mat and sign picture, and I got me Keying (which I say is looking super funky with the rest of my keyrings) after the Presentation we started making our way back to towers street.
We arrived and hanged round there for a while, and whilst we waitied Sammie Rory and martin had made there way back (not goodbye just yet!) we all jumped on the monorail Where ant got a reet dodgy picture of me with my drink lol. Got off monorail Said goodbye to everyone again Gave Sammie another BIG hug :D.
When in the Car park we saw the Tavern mobile and some dirty fiesta nearby on which me and crofty proudly wrote in the dirt lol. We gave the camp man in the fiesta a little race, Reached the barriers And the driver of the tavern mobile carried on through the open barrier even though he was told to stop. Driving through the Village we saw some peculiar looking people that we saw at the beginning of the day. Lol We beeped and waved but they didnay have a clue who we were.
Got to the road near my house got dropped off said bye to the Tavern mobile riders, and Told Crofty to enjoy them oatcakes and well, WHAT A GREAT DAY IT WAS!!! The End!lol

(sorry if i made some mistakes i did do this is just one hour) :P
Last edited by stokywolf on Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Jay12

wooo hoooo, took an hour me arse, you started this before the day even came :P
:D:D:D:D