Alton Towers 9th/10th April!

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Abby

Hey guys!! 

Heading to Alton Towers for the first time this year on either the 9th or 10th April, just got a merlin annual pass for the first time and super excited. Heading to Thorpe park in a couple of days and can't wait to get back. As it stands I'm heading to Alton on my own (I've never gone to a theme park alone before), so was just wondering if anyone else was planning on heading there on the same days as me? Or if you had any tips for going alone ! 
Thanks!! 
Abby :)
Swarm Chris

Abby wrote:Hey guys!! 

Heading to Alton Towers for the first time this year on either the 9th or 10th April, just got a merlin annual pass for the first time and super excited. Heading to Thorpe park in a couple of days and can't wait to get back. As it stands I'm heading to Alton on my own (I've never gone to a theme park alone before), so was just wondering if anyone else was planning on heading there on the same days as me? Or if you had any tips for going alone ! 
Thanks!! 
I won't be there at the same time, but there will be a lot of us there on the 13th for our Spring Spectacular. :)

Biggest tip is to make use of single rider on The Smiler, and if it's available, Spinball Whizzer. The Smiler's single rider entrance may be hidden, or simply not marked, but a ride host should be able to direct you to it. The best thing I find about being on my own at a park, is that you can do exactly what you want. A midweek day in April may mean the park is very quiet, something I found out last year when I did about 8 rides on Wicker Man in a row with no queue. :)
Abby

Unfortunately I won't be free on the 13th!! So sad I can't come, but will deffo try to keep a date free for another trip! Thanks for the tips Chris :) 
pro3

Abby wrote:Hey guys!! 

Thanks!! 
Hey Abby. I'm in a pretty similar situation with struggling to find people to go with as all my friends either don't like theme parks or just aren't interested and considering going alone. If your still looking for some one to go with let me know I'm sure we can arrange something :)
Abby

Hiya! Do you have Facebook? :)
pro3

Yep I do. Don't really use it much though.
Mikw

I often go on my own in the week. It's ok, there's quite a lot of solo people there then.  Smiler single rider queue is brillant!

I won't do the Rapids on my own as it feels awkward sharing the boats with a family i don't know, but will do everyhing else.
Mr_Gibson

I’ll be there on the 10th doing a solo trip. Well, it’s technically a reconnaissance trip as I’m planning a visit with my school to look at the physics of rollercoasters! My many job is to work out which rides my ‘pleasenlty plump’ body will fit in...