Visiting attractions on your own

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Ben84

Hi all, I have just joined and not sure if this is the best area to post this in.

I am thinking of buying a season pass as it's just such a good deal. But to get value from it I would mostly be going on my own. Does anybody here go on there own, and how do they find it, or is that a bit weird?
DeadJack5

Hi there and welcome to the forum!

I did a few solo trips during the 2017 season and to be honest, they were great fun! Back then you did have the single rider queues which aren't in place at the moment but even if you do go on your own on quieter days then it can be a great day. I did find them weird but if you ever did feel a bit lonely you could always ask in the ShoutBox if anyone is onsite and wants to join you. You just make the day what you want to do and just not care about wanting to do what others want to do. I did find them weird at first but found them great relaxing days out :)

Hope this helps!
Swarm Chris

Hello!

I've done a lot of solo trips in the last year, starting with the UK parks most weekends, then venturing to Phantasialand and finally Disney World, Universal Studios and SeaWorld at the end of the year.

It can be daunting to start with and occasionally feel a bit odd, but I've had an incredible amount of fun on my own. There are some nice benefits, like you can just do what you feel like. Want to ride Nemesis or Duel for an hour? Then you can and no one will care and you won't feel like you're holding people up or dragging them onto things they're bored of. Although if you ride The Swarm 14 times in a day, chances are staff will recognise you - but they'll probably find it fun (and wish they were doing the same). ;)

I've also found people can be quite chatty at theme parks. I've had a lot more random conversations whilst visiting on my own, than I've ever had when visiting with others. Staff also seem more likely to chat with you if you're on your own.

But as DeadJack5 says, if you go on the Shoutbox at the bottom of the main page, you may find that there are others at the park, or who are at home and are envious of your trip and will chat with you there. The TTSP events are also a good way of meeting people who you may bump into at the parks if you're there regularly.
nicky.borrill

As Swarm says, travelling alone has it’s benefits. I got something like an hour and 15 minutes exclusive ride time on Taron at Phantasialand, where I was able to sit on the same train non stop!!! Absoloutely nobody I know (in the real world, not online) would have been up for that!!!
Ben84

Thanks everybody. I took the plunge and bought a season pass, just the Standard one.

I don't drive and live in the West Midlands so will mostly do Alton Towers. How are the buses from Stoke or Uttoxeter? It’s been a couple of years so I used one but there used to be one a day on the weekends is this still the case?